Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound off.....I want to know how many of you girls have NOT been out dressed.

out and about

Hi I am Janet and never thought I would ever be able to go out. I am 6'3 and 66. Well, I gave it a try last year and was so surprised that noone ever looked at me twice. I went to Malls and dept stores and had lunch. No problem. Even used the ladies room.
    If you think you can blend in a little you probably are a cinch to go out shopping.
    Janet

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    we need to keep in kind that going out en femme, for some people, is not so much about a contest of who can go the farthest, but a necessity of self-expression. I agree with Slim Jim in the sense that everyone should find their comfort level, and not take something like this forum (which I enjoy) , which sometimes feels like it's trying to goad you into something you are not ready for. OK, girls, who's ready to go for SRS? .....Aw, come on!
    ....and yes, I went out last night fort NYE dressed up (minus camera because it officially quit on me). ....round three for me since the 1990's. I think in my case, I was too dying to do it.
    Nathalie, I aggree with you that you know what you need, and for some, dressing for an hour or 2 is just what the doctor ordered. i still only attend support meetings monthly or bi monthly, yet i dress at home very frequently..this is working for me now...i don't know about the future...i will work that out with my wife and therapist in due time....lol

stay grounded

hugs,

msniki48

Never been out, was tempted to do it this Halloween, but backed off

you would tell me in NYC nobody cares how you are dressed as long as you don't steal their cab (Helen Boyd said that), so that is encouraging but I have a lot of work to do.

walk in heels, make up etc. the challenge would be to stay in girl mode all the way, if I were to lose it my face would turn from pretty girl to dude with a wig instantly.

I would love to try it though and be the lady of the night.

on the SO side, that was one of the first concerns of my wife, me passing the door en femme, so that has also a cooling effect.

I agree that CD comes in all shades and going out is not a necessary step; we crossdress to be free, let's not impose ourselves some rigid rules.

Sonia

Quote Originally Posted by Staci View Post
    I have not gone out dressed as a girl. It might be fun but I think about a couple things. First, usually it is not the destination that provides the most fun but the thought and work of getting there. So, for me, it is fun to wonder about but going out as a girl is one of those things I just let myself wonder about and imagine it as better than it possibly would be. Second, is that I don't have a desire for a lot of people to figure out that I am a crossdresser. I am very happy dressing up with my wife as the only observer. I believe I would have too much to lose. It might be fun to do sometime but I am in no hurry. And if I did, it would have to be somewhere that nobody would know me.

One, thing you have that is so important, is that inner circle that you can confide in...even if it one person, your wife, that is so important. I am lucky to have an inner circle of family and friends, that i can talk freely to about niki. that is also a form of expression..[verbal] and sometimes that is all i need

hugs

msniki48

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    In 2009, I went out for the first time in board daylight, previous to that it had been a few night drives/walks.

I went out on the spar of the moment thing, (ok I had been thinking about for while) I was dressed need to get some food in and went 'what the hell'. Spent about 2hrs out and about dresed.

Now I'm also lucky to have a supportive SO who will go shopping with me. But when I'm on my own I still do have the odd wobble, make-ups not right, wig is not right etc etc...........

If you want to stay inside then stay, we are not sheep, as long as your happy, be who you are whether you be an insider or an outsider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Going out

I have been out twice in 12 years. not a lot probally the reason is i live in a small town if i went out here the cat would be out of the bag and i cant afford that because of the role i play in my job. So i went out of town to go out with my ex two times. I had just told her about me dressing and she was very suportive of me and it was like a dream came true not shortly after that she left me. I am now in a relationship where she know about it but thinks it should be kept to the bedroom only and does not want to see me fully dressed (makeup wig so on). It is a sad day and i am torn between making Alexis happy (me) or my grilfreind happy. HMMM i look at all the posts of all you grils out and having fun and wish i could be there. i guess time will tell.

XOXO
    Alexis

I've hung out in the woods by my house dressed but I havn't been out in public yet.
    hEll

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere LaChance View Post
    Never have gone out en femme. Doubt I would be remotely passable and that matters to me.

Guinevere, passing is important to many of us....right or wrong to feel that way....jury is still out. in a support group, all the ladies are in a similar situation as you. there is strength in numbers and they will all support you in your quest to be the best girl you can be. [everyone there is beautiful] trust me, i don't pass either.

do whatever is good for you.

hugs

msniki48

I CD only because it gives me an erotic kick and nowadays that is under-dressing only. I have no desire to be a woman, go out dressed, take hormones, transition, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't kiss and tell!! Ok ok I tell.. I just don't kiss.... My female stunt double I hired has been out!
    Ok,OK,OK so you don't kiss and tell. But, your pictures say volumes!

You are a confident, poised and beautiful Lady. Kudos to you girl.

you are blessed with form grace and stature...ok your pretty too. the i deal combination. My wife Karen and I think you have put together a wonderful and tasteful portfolio.

hugs,

msniki48
    niki335@hotmail.com

Hi Girls

i have been out dressed but not for a long time unless you can count taking the dogs for their last night walk (short), but hope to go out out to a club or something this year don't know when but this year.

lol claire

Quote Originally Posted by kayesimone View Post
    i hope to get out more this year...i have been out a couple times but very safely...like gay pride and a couple trips to my wig shop...maybe i'll try some nitespots or some window shopping...or a local support group!

Kaye, you have wonderful presence, and your wig shop has done you well. good luck. one thing for sure is that there is safe haven at a support group.

also, many of them have ladies nite out, where5 to 10 girls might go out for dinner in an accepting establishment. this also provides a safe environment.

hugs,

msniki48

Aspiring Member

Once

My Honey took me out once years ago. We went to a local drive in (similar to a "Sonic") It was in the winter, she drove and we ate in the car. "Don't worry" she said "you look great, and I'll do all the talking"

When the food arrived and she was paying the waitress she turned to me and said "Dani , Do you have any change in your purse"?.....I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!!!! The young girl look directly into my face and showed absolutly no reaction at all. It was wonderful!!!

Afterward we drove thru the deserted (it was Sunday) downtown area of our small town. She wanted me to get out of the car and pose for a photo in front of the Courthouse, but I lost my nerve. We then drove around a bit then went home.

That was more than 10 years ago, but I can still remembert the thrill I felt!!

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post
    I haven't been out yet, but I hope to get out finally this year. We have a local social group (actually, several, all part of one larger New England family), who get together regularly in various locations, one of which is the next town over from me. I do have an outfit ready to wear, but I need hair (either a style I can work out for mine, or a wig that works for me) and I need to work out my makeup. Both are important to me, and have to be presentable enough that I'll feel comfortable.

Dianna, you may also feel a visit to provincetown may be in order also. what a supportive community.

BTW: i read some of your blog...yes gender blurred is great, but you are also gender blessed. so much more than just a man.... a much more complex being. strong, yet totally nurturing and capable of emotions...so happy to hear you are finding center.

hugs
    msniki48
    niki335@hotmail.com

i've never been out, but i'm willing to. I don't know when, maybe on carnival with some friends (it wouldn't be the weirdest costume that i've wore. Once i was out dressed like Tom Cruise on the film Risky Business ). i know it would be a bit of cheating, but i think that it would be better to take baby steps at first.

i also would like to go out dressed to take a walk around the house one night, but i hope not to see anyone. it would have to be very late, like 2 or 3 a.m. of a work day, because i do live in the very center of my city and people in Spain stays out till late. I haven't done it before because i don't have any women's coat and it is really cold outside, but i've ordered one at a online store and its supposed to arrive next week. (well, to be honest i've purchased a coat, a purse, bras, panties, hosery, 3 dresses and some make up, it is sale's time )

Ready or not i'm going out on this year, so wish me luck!!!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Great thread Christina. I think the key thing to take away from this thread is you don't have to stand on the roof of your house in a neon tutu to be a true trans gal. Whatever fits you is cool.

I spent my first ten years as a woman locked in a hotel room. At first it was all I needed. Then I felt the need to express that woman to the rest of the world. The internet filled that void for awhile but I needed more. First I steped out to TG friendly clubs when traveling on business. My first trip was to the Meca of dressing the Queen Mary Showbar in LA. Once the genie was out of the bottle I couldn't get enough. Now I couldn't picture not being out as Suzanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I've been out only once...a wonderful experience. Haven't been out since that one time last June, tho I will plan to do so again by this June at the latest. Whether I do so before that time is still up in the air, but who knows what the new year will bring.
    Hey Chicago girl! I hope you are going out in June because of Be All. I would love to give you a big hug when I see you there.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

not this gurl...

exept at halloween twice but that is it

can't happen here.

i can not come out of my closet due to my work. the army doen't like that.

amy

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
    I really don't think anyone should push this. If this theory works for you, great, but it's not for everyone. Each person needs to go out when they're ready and not a minute before. Sorry, but yes, you do sound somewhat pushy.
    I am not pushing anyone again. I am only giving advice to the girls who want to go out but for one reason or another have not yet. I am not saying that if you don't want to go out or can't cuz reason's that are personal ,that you must or should. I am just saying that if you want to do out and can, that you will need to go beyond what you perceive as you limit and go beyond it. I do agree that no one should be pushed if they don't want to or can't go out dressed. I just wanted to clear that up. I never want to seem pushy , I just want to help and encourage the girls whom want to go out but are scared or not sure how to go aboot it Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    we need to keep in kind that going out en femme, for some people, is not so much about a contest of who can go the farthest, but a necessity of self-expression. I agree with Slim Jim in the sense that everyone should find their comfort level, and not take something like this forum (which I enjoy) , which sometimes feels like it's trying to goad you into something you are not ready for. OK, girls, who's ready to go for SRS? .....Aw, come on!
    ....and yes, I went out last night fort NYE dressed up (minus camera because it officially quit on me). ....round three for me since the 1990's. I think in my case, I was too dying to do it.
    I never would GOAD anybody in ti doing something they don't want to.And your right this is not a contest to see who is first. It our freedom and the way we can express who we are inside and show it even if is just to ourselves in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Not all of us have a real desire to go out. Not all of us have a need to go out.
    I enjoy going out once or twice a month. I feel it is my duty to inflict my beauty upon the world.
    I understand that some girl have no or little desire to go out. If they want to stay in-of -doors more power to them. Yes I do the same thing......I have to share my beauty on the world and watch them run screaming into the night . LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    We should all be supportive of everyone who wishes to extend their feminine selves in any way!

I'm hearing more and more here that goes beyond encouragement and I'm really quite concerned that every time the pressure to go out rachets up a notch we push more and more people back from the door and farther into the closet. I fully understand the absolute RUSH that comes the first time you step over that threshhold, and telling about it in wonderful and exciting prose is great.

Please let's encourage and then stand back and let everyone determine their own comfort level.

as usual, this is just my

tina
    My intent was to 1) to see how many girl have not gone out 2) to help encourage the ones that do want to go out Not push them to do something they did not want to do but help them to go beyond the front door of there home , like I said only if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferpl View Post
    My supportive spouse would perfer I keep my cross dressing at home. Wishing to keep her support, I stay inside. For those that venture out into the public, I tip my hat to you.
    I am happy for those who have a supportive wife and SO's . Yes I am single and have no one save for my mom when I come home to visit have no one to say I would prefer you to stay indoors . But there is a down side to that.....I have not one to call my own and since when ever I am home and go out I out dressed it's hard to find a good women .

So I am happy for the ladies who support there girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Not everyone wants to go out my friend. Some folks are quite content to stay home. Not everyone wants to go to their class reunion en femme or sees the need to do so.

Ok I understand that some don't want to go out. I am just like I said wanting to help the one's that do want to go out . If you want to only under dress that's fine , if you dress in door only great , but if you want to go out well we can help out.

No I don't want to push and If I gave anyone that feeling I am sorry. I do get excited to go out and help others to do so . Plus I am not good at putting down on (print so to speak) my thoughts the way I would say them if I was speaking out loud.

I only want to help not push. Just your comfort zone (if) you want to go out dressed. We push ourselves all the time . Like when I lost my job of 11 and 1/2 years with the same CO and was comfortable with and with my job gone, I was scared and with that behind me I went and did something I thought I could not do and cuz i had to , got another job in the same field but van not flat bed . Now I could not be happier , unless I could get out of trucking and do something I could dress at.

Everyone need to go at there own pace , But for those who want to go out and are not sure for what ever reason need to know that to stay at what your comfortable with you will never go past it. We go beyond whats comfortable we then brake the wall down and make it into a door we can go through anytime we want to.

So do as you want and don't let anyone PUSH YOU ( yes that means me to) and do what you want to.

To any I offended I am sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

i have yet to go out.... sober.. lol. im in college! so its okay haha

Quote Originally Posted by Amymonroe View Post

amy
    Ya know I and constantly amazed at how many girls we have in the military. I also know that the MACHO jobs all around the world have us infiltrating the work force. We will take over one day and the world will be "Fabulous"!

It's a shame that wa can't dress and most of our jobs cuz we would have less stress in out lives for the girls who want to do that, like Me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amymonroe View Post

amy
    They arent asking and I am not telling. Well at least on the weekends
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I walked to my mail box dressed in Capri pants blouse, and a water bra, to show some shape... Does that count?
    No, those are my Panties]

Haven't been out in a while, and let myself go, as far as my weight is concerned.

I had no problem passing, and on my days off from work, would go to the mall, try on and buy shoes, etc. and the sale people didn't have a clue!

My last job was unique, in that my boss, and myself became friends, and use to hangout together. It was a jewelry store, and I went to work many days as Charlene. Regular customers were mostly women, and they didn't have a problem with it, and people off the street didn't pick up on it!

I miss that, because it was fun!

My new Year resolution, is to lose 20lbs, and buy a new wardrobe.

I don't know if my wife is going to like Charlene going out again, but she was in the past.

Going to keep my fingers crossed

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post

Hey Chicago girl! I hope you are going out in June because of Be All. I would love to give you a big hug when I see you there.
    Hey Suzanne...I will be there. See you then!