Thread: Close to an ooopsie!

Close to an ooopsie!

I have some friends who only know me en drab, and, at least for the moment, I prefer to keep it that way.

I went to lunch with one of those guys today. I'd brought a hobby aircraft catalog with me to give to him.

As a matter of fact, I'd been meaning to give him that catalog for a couple of weeks, but kept forgetting to.

He was a few minutes late and I was looking through the catalog when it dawned upon me that I ought to take a look at the address label.

Yep! It was addressed to me en femme!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You left me hanging

Did you remove it or block it out in some way? What if anything became of it?

Wow, that was close!!!! But it's not hangrenades or horseshoes so it doesn't count!!

Chandelle

You do know that many catalogs have your name and address printed on it twice right? Once on the back of the catalog, and once in the middle Order Form.

Did it have you real last name or no. If no then why worrie. If so then just say it's your Cuz's .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Evans View Post
    Did you remove it or block it out in some way? What if anything became of it?
    Just before he got in the car, Laura, I tore it off and stuffed it in my pocket. Figured I could always say there was a coupon in the address panel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Norma CD
    You do know that many catalogs have your name and address printed on it twice right? Once on the back of the catalog, and once in the middle Order Form.
    Uh, yeah Norma, and I usually think of that. I don't think this catalog had an order form, but, uh, I'm not totally sure. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    Did it have you real last name or no. If no then why worrie. If so then just say it's your Cuz's .
    Thanks Christina. Even if it was my drab last name, it could have been a cousin, no? But yes, my femme last name is different -- after all, in my bio narrative for when questioned, I'm married and have a different last name than my twin brother does.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Lucky me

It's common in my office for people to bring in magazines but they always cut off the labels- privacy thing I guess. Lucky for me my name is commonly misspelt as its fem equivalent. I don't actually have a fem name as it seems preordained.

Just say you make up names up to identify where your junk mail is being sourced from. I often put the companies name at the end of my address when I order something so I can tell who has been selling my info when something else gets mailed to me with the same name.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    He was a few minutes late and I was looking through the catalog when it dawned upon me that I ought to take a look at the address label. Yep! It was addressed to me en femme!
    [SIZE="2"]Always bring a Sharpie with ya – one of those cute, mini ones! [/SIZE]

I'd just blame it on a stupid computer foul up. I don't think many people would argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolyn View Post
    I'd just blame it on a stupid computer foul up. I don't think many people would argue with that.
    Yep! That's what I did one time after working en femme when my accountant asked me why my 1099 form had a woman's name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Always bring a Sharpie with ya – one of those cute, mini ones! [/SIZE]
    A great idea, Frédérique! Actually, I always do have one in my purse, and my purse was in the back seat.
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-23-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Close call! Gald ya dodged the bullet.

pre internet days I got lots of cataloges delivered to my flat in my femme name.
    I got a girlfriend, she knew about Jill
    ...However long story shortened...
    I had promised to stop dressing but the magazines and catalogs kept on coming, she was looking after the flat for me one week and on my return there they all were laid out on the floor in the living room.
    she wrote LIAR on all of them and we didnt speak for a while.