Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Voice??

I've been working on my voice all day today!

What I hear sounds like Arsenio Hall in Coming to America. *giggles*

When I talk feminine my voice gets really quiet and feels scratchy. I think it's just something that needs constant practice.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyboy_jessica View Post
    I've been working on my voice all day today!

When I talk feminine my voice gets really quiet and feels scratchy. I think it's just something that needs constant practice.
    Yes but don't mess up your voice, you are using muscles it is not used to doing. A few minutes or even seconds here and there are good at first.
    After some comfort is gained, maybe 10 minutes a day to get it down pat.
    just whatever you feel is best, build up to it.

Also, smoking makes it harder to have a non-scratchy femme voice. I know that for fact as I smoke.

Hard to put a time line on "how long does it take?" Reason is, I think a lot of TG don't practice regularly. I have practiced over a year and it is not perfect, but then my practice was so staggered.

With dedicated practice daily and honest effort, I think maybe a month would get someone to a convincing level, but the fine tuning could take several more months. Usually the girls who have it down pat use their femme voice all the time.

One thing - since you would normally use male voice, that is not going to impede your progress. I tend to switch voices on the fly as it suits me.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    I do

I have a very deep voice but I have been told that my fem-voice perfect. I can also do voice impressions and have been doing them for years for fun. I do a mean Yoda , Dr, claw and so on. So I know how to change my voice to something I was not able to do before I tried. I drive an 18 wheeler and would use my fem-voice in the truck for years and when I was ready to do out for the first time I have it almost down pat. I now have got the voice just where I want it.

So if you like me and you have a MANLY DEEP VOICE you can train it to be fem , it just take practice. So don't give up just work on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

[SIZE="3"]Christina, do you ever use your lady voice on the CB radio, with other truckers? I guess you can call it the CdCB! And, i have talked to women with smokers voice, on the phone, and I thought they were men. My voice is very hard to even come close to fooling anyone, but, i have gone to driveups as Louise, and shopped a few times, but ket it be known i was a guy.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Byanca View Post
    Is there a thread here we can post and get feedback? I suspect my voice is somewhere in between male or female. But I dont know how it sounds to other people. So just a wild guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    I like the idea of a feedback topic. Since this is one of the most difficult (but achievable) parts of passing, it would be great to have a place we can knock our heads together and help each other out. (without the actual physical knocking)
    You could upload vids to youtube and just post the link in a new thread for feedback. You could upload audio only or keep your face in deep shade if you want to maintain your privacy.
    Reine

Here's a good link on how to achieve a fem voice:

http://laurenscarlet.tv/makeup/5-11_myvoice.html

I try and a few friends have said mine is pretty good sometimes, but it's gotten so I just don't worry about it anymore.
    I soften it and raise it a bit and that's me...deal with it....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Christina, do you ever use your lady voice on the CB radio, with other truckers? I guess you can call it the CdCB! And, i have talked to women with smokers voice, on the phone, and I thought they were men. My voice is very hard to even come close to fooling anyone, but, i have gone to driveups as Louise, and shopped a few times, but ket it be known i was a guy.[/SIZE]

Funny you said that . Yes I have and I did fool all the truckers. The thing I would do is use my fem-voice and night so if the pass me they can't see a guy driving. My fem-handle is Pussy Foot. I am not sure why I used that bit one man asked me what My handle was and I said that with out thinking so I guess it was in the back of my head.

The reason I first used my fem-voice on the CB was I was trying to get road info from the trucks going the other way and no one was talking to me. That happens all the time. The CB something can't broadcast over the medium and the can't here us LOL. So I know when women get on the CB all the guys would come on (pun intended) and chat her up... So I after about 10 mins I took a deep breath and tried out my voice before I spoke into the mic and then called the east bounders and I was rewarded with about 20 guy chatting with me. I got the info I wanted and chatted for 4 hours with them. The funny thing is no one thought I was a guy cuz they all were flirting with me like I have heard them do to other girls on the CB.

When I was exiting to go to the truck stop to go to bed. I had to exit with out telling them cuz if I did not one or two or more would have followed me to (see what Christina Or "Pussy Foot") looks like. Once I had one driver follow me off the hwy, so I got back on the radio and said "ha ha ha I fooled you I did not get off Ha ha ha!" So once I turned right he got back on saying "oh your such a flirt......." I have not done that in a while but from that and others GG and some CD friends and family except my mom (she thinks my fem-voice sounds like I am trying to hard and it sounds fake.) But that's mom she is still getting used to it since after 17 years excepting my CDing last years when I went to my 20th high school reunion dressed as Christina and she saw me dressed for the first time.

Driving truck is a great way cuz of all the time alone to practice mu voice. Roberta M (from this sight) says My voice is perfect so I think if good.

I had on lady at the nail salon a lady getting a pedy while we were chatting told me " You know it's so nice to see a lady with a husky sexy voice like the Hollywood stars of the great passed. You know like Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe etc. Not like the girls from Europe with the high squeaky voice that sounds like Minne mouse." She was looking right at me and we were talking for about 10 min when she said that. Then I said just to confirm what she meant. " You mean that my voice is just a little fem or very fem." She said " It's a very fem-sexy voice." Then I told her I am CD and she did not believe me. Until the girl doing her peddy told her that I really was a gut and she has seen me in drab.

The look of shock was wonderful and I thought if she thought I was a women at least with my voice , That there was hope. After I was done and my nails were dry I walked over to her and her hubby and pulled out my ID and she looked at it and was again shocked . She said "WOW you a cute guy , but I think you look sooooo much better as a women". I can't here that enough ya know. It's feel so good like you won the lottery. All most lol.

So there you go . If you have a really deep voice like mine you just have to practice like crazy and you will get there only if you want to.

Oh by the way can use my fem-voice all day with no prob. Just so long as I don't forget I am dressed. If I forget I might revert to my drab voice. So far I have not but have come close lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Gold Member
    To those who think they can't do it -
    Yes you can. (stands and smiles like Obama) Yes You Can! (cheering)

There are many approaches. What I said was my own approach. You can copy it or use it to get your own ideas...

That is the way to start, take in several people's advice, and devise your own plan. Try different things. Realise that it is not as hard or takes as long as you might think. Realise some thing don't work. For me, dropping from falsetto didn't work. Trying to contract different voice muscles did work.

See it is like this - you will have to practice but it will get better, you will see (hear?) results and progression, and the best part, even if it is not perfect, it will get to a point of usefulness. It is not like some magical moment where the voice fairy comes and touches your mouth with a magic wand and you are talking like cinderella. It takes a bit of work.

YOu will probably not think your voice is ever feminine. I think mine sounds ridiculous but I have used it and if it was on the phone or a computer RPG, people have not questioned it and thought it was some woman. I HAVE been told I sound like a more mature woman.

Folks, here is the important thing, moreso than a female voice - get in the habit of speaking ladylike. Do not be like me and say masculine things with a woman's voice, unladylike. Much like my wife when she talks

The other night I was rotting away on Second life, and some guy wanted to have some adult conversation. He wanted me to voice just a little to verify that I was really a woman. So I got in voice and intro'ed Erin in my female voice. He was satisfied.

I am pumped about this whole voice thing! I KNOW you can do it!

I have/had no more advantages than you do. I think many of you could make ME jealous with voice if you got on it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Voice Change No. 3!!

Ok, so sometime ago when I was a young'un my voice went from light/girlish to an Early Masculine Croak. However, in my twenties and on for awhile, my voice was so light that I was constantly being mistaken for a woman (see msginadoll above); I'd have to interject at some point "I'm mister!" "Oh I'm sorry..." Now, later, my voice has dropped to a Resonant Masculine Honk. I doubt if I could fake a female voice without some serious practice.

For my femme voice, I generally speak in a slightly higher pitch, and try to envision the words forming at the top of my throat and in the front of my mouth. I try to avoid the cliche speech patterns and just speak naturally. I find speaking softly helps too.
    Life is short and so is my skirt

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    I like the idea of a feedback topic. Since this is one of the most difficult (but achievable) parts of passing, it would be great to have a place we can knock our heads together and help each other out. (without the actual physical knocking)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    You could upload vids to youtube and just post the link in a new thread for feedback. You could upload audio only or keep your face in deep shade if you want to maintain your privacy.
    I just recently found a method of developing a femme voice that seems to work for me and I was totally planning on doing this, lol. Weird.

I was planning on just recording the audio, uploading it to the web and then posting the link here for feedback. It's so hard to be impartial when dealing with things about yourself.

As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to record some audio and post it here for feedback!
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

I just tried...english is not my native tongue. Am I a lost case?
    If you have time to listen to just one, maybe pick the last one. They are all rather similar, the first one close to my normal sound.
    Last edited by Byanca; 02-11-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post

I was planning on just recording the audio, uploading it to the web and then posting the link here for feedback. It's so hard to be impartial when dealing with things about yourself.
    I totally agree with Kimberly. I think I sound ok. I've recorded myself, but still, impartial feedback would be best!

I am working on it but its definitely an arduous journey. I've been watching videos on YT and practicing.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I just tried...english is not my native tongue. Am I a lost case?
    If you have time to listen to just one, maybe pick the last one. They are all rather similar, the first one close to my normal sound.
    I think you might be a little too preoccupied with the pitch (highness or lowness) of your voice.

The tutorial that helped me is here. If you can get to the point where you can use only part of your voice-box then you will be on the road to developing a more realistic feminine speaking voice. Anyone can do it, so no, you are NOT a lost cause!

Also it may be wise to practice in your native language especially at first. You don't want to be fighting against a language barrier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    I totally agree with Kimberly. I think I sound ok. I've recorded myself, but still, impartial feedback would be best!
    Well, let's hear it hunny!
    Last edited by KimberlyJo; 02-11-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post
    I think you might be a little too preoccupied with the pitch (highness or lowness) of your voice.

The tutorial that helped me is here. If you can get to the point where you can use only part of your voice-box then you will be on the road to developing a more realistic feminine speaking voice. Anyone can do it, so no, you are NOT a lost cause!

Also it may be wise to practice in your native language especially at first. You don't want to be fighting against a language barrier as well.
    Thanks. Part of the box, that may be the tricky one. The volume should disappear probably.

Difficult...but I'm not giving up!

Will post something later if I feel there is improvement.
    Last edited by Byanca; 02-11-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks. Part of the box, that may be the tricky one. The volume should disappear probably.

Difficult...but I'm not giving up!

Will post something later if I feel there is improvement.
    Nope that's the beauty of it, volume and resonance are still there just like your normal voice, but all the bass drops out leaving you with a natural feminine sound. It still takes A LOT of practice though even after you get that down. There's so many differences between male speech patterns and female ones besides just pitch

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Sadly i don't have a feminine voice. If i try it sounds like a toon. That is definitely something i should work on. There's a thread or two around talking about methods to get a woman's voice.

When in guy mode I have been known for a laugh to do some impressions Sean Connery, Tony Blair, Marlon Brando that sort of thing, and I have started now when I am out in the car to practice a feminine voice, don't know why, I am never going to be able to go out but it is all part of my illusion and art.

I watched a few youtube tutorials and went up,,,, then brought it down,,, but have found if I keep the voice in my head rather than use my chest as a bass box as most guys do, the tone rises very nicely, I then feminize the words and lift them in speech and the effect to me is not 100% convincing but is pleasing enough that if I ever did talk and was dressed I could say a few words to get me through
    Last edited by Gillian; 02-14-2010 at 04:41 AM.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I certainly can't sound convincingly female, but when I'm out and about dressed up I definitely find myself talking in a more feminine manner, but not over the top by any means.

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't and don't think I want one. But kinda felt bad cause other people had them I think... But anyway I don't understand why I am half guy you know. My voice changed and when it did had it been more fem then thats would have been cool but it didn't. I don't think you have to talk fem to feel fem. At least not for me.