Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you need to dress?

Question How often do you need to dress?

This question is mostly for all my fellow part time/still mostly in the closet/not interested in going full time crossdressing friends (and anyone else that wants to put in their ): how often do you need to dress to avoid the pink fog?

Years ago when I was dressing more regularly (before my last purge ) I was dressing once a week (evenings when my wife went to bed early…).

For now, I have to at least underdress once a week or I get squirrelly . I’m also maintaining my nails (mani and pedi) once a week to keep the feminine feeling going. I’m still working on a new wig and some makeup (I’m going to order a sample kit from Colortration next month: can’t wait !) before I can really dress up the way I want .

How about the rest of you ladies? Once a week, month, day, year ; and if you can’t dress as often as you want/need, what do you do? For myself, I spend time on the crossdresser.com forum.

Okay, your turn…
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Fully, going out enfemme.... Appearently I don't need to... Sigh... Four times last year... Nothing this year... Haven't since last August... SIGH.........
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-25-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wink

I find, even as a part time closet cd, that I am happier when I can dress more. I try to get some dressing time in on the weekends. If my SO is away, then I get to dress every day!!!

The need is as often as possible.

As you mention, the longer between full sessions the tension builds. I try to squeeze in just clothing between full sessions. I do underdress daily, panties & hose. My current home situation offers fewer opportunities. I am planning several business trips to get in some outings dressed.

Participating in this forum also is helping get through the pink fog

I dress daily.Sometimes not for all day but at least part of the day.
    Kimmy 55

Arlene needs to be enfemme 24/7.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

One thing I found that helped was to go on a sight called Second live and what you do there is make an avatar (female) for m DUH.... and you can go shopping chat with all other out there , practice you fem-voice with a head set, you can be anything there you want. I got in the pink fog when I was there , was not when ever I could go one, Made great friends there and tons of fun.

Here's the link. You need to down load the program and you need a good video card in you computer. I will say if your in the closet this is a great way to HELP the cravings and keep you sane,LOL. It did for me for a year and then with that site and to no small part this site go me to the point where I was able to go out and have fun dressed. So try it and you will see how much fun it is. My name there is the same as here. So if you get there look for my name and lets be friends.

http://secondlife.com/?v=1.1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I dress once a week, sometimes two- full out sessions. Most of the time when I'm not dressed, I wear something simple, but femme like panties and stockings underneath my boy clothes. This usually helps to satisy my dressing urges.

I was only able to fully dress and go out three times last year, owing in part to an auto accident and the attendant injuries. I did supplement with partial or underdressing at least once every month or so. I can go for longer but start getting tense and depressed after a couple of months.

This year I may be able to fully dress and go out once a month on average, which would be much more desirable. Partially dressing or underdressing helps but is not satisfying, and I am too lazy to get all dressed up just to sit at home!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dress most days,i helps having understanding wife,but im always mindful of how blessed i am,and try not to take things for granted,i recognise i am extremely lucky

I dress whenever I have somewhere to go.(like the bathroom or to bed)

I don't dress at home at all anymore.

Things change when you find friends who share interests and things to do and places to go when dressed other than looking at yourself in the mirror.

I might be dressed 3 times in a week or some weekes not at all if nothings on.

(Afterthought) I guess one reason I don't have to dress so often is that I am somewhat femme all the time: I regularly shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows, I have long hair, and most of the time I have my toenails painted.

Once or twice a week. Or more, if the situation allows.

I NEED to dress 24/7, I GET to dress 1/30 (once a month!!) or maybe 2/30 if I'm lucky......
    Of course I 4got to mention I underdress everyday, panties, cami bra when it's cold, tights, painted toes
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 01-25-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot about underdressing

I like to dress about once a fortnight. But the thing is, I like to dress twice then, for one night, and again the next night. 2 concecutive days, out of 14.

The first night is reacquaintance night, and self-night, I end up 'doing my thing' for most of those hours, (trance, meditation, journalling, plotting world domination, anything one might do with long-awaitedtime to oneself.)

The second night I will work on whatever I plotted the first night, or else I will chat, or else I will just do whatever I want.

I'd probably dress more if I wasn't too busy doing all the things I told myself to do in those two nights
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

As of right now, I work from home and my wife is part time so I manage two week days during business hours and do take full advantage to and from the last and first minute. I also get about an hour and a half on a shopping day. I have to admit the more I am dressing the more 2me" it is feeling and the more I hate going to normal garb.

Smile

the voices in my head make me under dress every day. and dress up when I get home.
    sleep dressed(nighteys), and before having to go to work.

work requires co provided outer clothing only while on duty.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Fully, going out enfemme.... Appearently I don't need to... Sigh... Four times last year... Nothing this year... Haven't since last August... SIGH.........
    Time to get with it.

Me, well, On Saturday I like to get fully made up but for dressing - well all my stuff it technically women's so I guess each day I am more-less en femme, even if but a frumpy femme.

For going all out pretty en femme - heh, I hate doing that, it is hassle.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I like to dress at least once a week to go out, if I can, which has not been happening recently. My current living conditions hamper my ability to dress more often to stay at home. However, it is more like I "want" to dress, than "need" to dress. Also, my dressing more or less does not have much to do with getting lost a bit in the pink fog. That normally happens when I get the urge to do a lot of shopping, or when I have several weeks in a row to got out several times during the week.

Aspiring Member
    I usually get a bout of 4-5 days where I have to dress, per month. I do it after my young son goes to bed, and spend the evening with my wife as normal.

Right now I've had the need for two weeks straight and am worrying about a not-before-seen gender dysphoria.

Silver Member
    As often as I possibly can and that depends on getting time in the house on my own but certainly at least once a week fully and I underdress most days

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

How Often Do I Need To Dress?

In todays society, every single day!! Oh, you meant to dress like a female!! I don't NEED to dress like a female at any time. I do dress like a female because I LIKE to, not because I NEED to!

Since I am retired, with little else to do, I do dress almost ever day. Either totally, but without wig or makeup, or maybe just underdressed! But I now rarely leave the house without feminine clothing on! And if I stay home I am usually Stephanie!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Depends on my life stress levels; Before my wife took leave from work I used to dress about 5 days a week and my stress levels where lower. Now I dress about twice a month and it feels great to be dressed.

For me the pink fog enters after about 5 hours of being dresses where I may have been shopping or just running errands for home. If I am dressed for 13-17 hours I probably will not dress again for 3-5 weeks because that fog is draining. I dressed one year for 17 hours and I was exhausted for a few days after.

I underdress daily, wear womens jeans 6 ot of 7 days a week, and dress every night to some extent. I live alone unless I have company over and they are accepting GGs. I don't know if I have an urge since I dress automaticly
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I get to dress 4 nights a week and go out en femme about once a month. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'need'. I have an understanding with my wife that this is about what she is comfortable with. I would probably dress more if I didn't want to keep her happy.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]