Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressed in Women's clothes or Dressed as a woman?

Dressed in Women's clothes or Dressed as a woman?

Just out of mild curiosity based on some recent posts here, I have a mild poll here. Please just post your response without commentary on it.

When you crossdress, is the appeal "dressing in women's clothes" or being "dressed as a woman." As in, is it because you like wearing things like skirts, pantyhose, etc. or is it because you want to express your female persona. I know in most cases it's probably a combination of both, so please try to say the one you feel is the stronger desire. (I.E. if you dress as a woman in order to get away with wearing the clothes, the first one.)

This isn't about passing vs. non-passing, It's more about the appeal for dressing in general.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Dressed as a woman.

Dressing feeling And Being A women. I still think you make a pretty women. And a good looking man.....and a man In a dress too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

ummmmm... dressed as a woman because I dress in womans clothing?
    I I dress to let the feminine side run rampant through the closet, while doing so I like to do it in beautiful clothes. Sometimes more conservative, sometimes more risqué.

Melissa Ann

Gold Member
    I dressing in women's clothes to feal like a woman. Rader

Gold Member
    I'd like to think I am more in the middle, but if I have to pick one, I would say dressed in woman's clothes.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I dress in womens clothes because I want to feel more feminine like a woman. But the clothes are mine.

I mentioned somethiswn like this in the 'give tips' thread yesterday I think.

The answer for me is 'neither.'

Not dressing in "women's clothes:
    " They are MY clothes. I made them for me, and only me, to wear. I am neither and both man or woman, therefore the clothes are not women's or men's clothes, they are just mine.

Not dressing as a woman: There is no such person as 'a woman.' "A woman" is a non-entity. If you are dressing as 'a woman,' you are going to be dissapointed, or unfulfilled, because you are actually dressing as "nothing," and trying to be 'nothing' in your dressing. "Dressing as a woman" is just the act of hanging symbolry all over yourself. Women don't dress as women, they dress as themselves.

"A woman" isn't something one can be. The woman that is you, however, is. You can be yourself and dress to express yourself.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Dressed as a woman I think is the same as being dressed in womens clothing. right? either way I like to wear clothes from the womens department that are mine. hmmm.... where does that fit in??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I honestly don't know, wish I did.

dressing as a woman.
    removed

I want to be dressed as a woman, hopefully mistaken for one, and I do not want to be a woman. And I really do not know about my feminine side and really do not care.

Dressed as a woman....look as i feel

hugs

msniki48

being enfem

i wear to appear as a woman i was in a cabaret club last year and a married woman latched on to me and told me all her woes about her marriage, and an hour later her daughter came into the bar and said(quite rudely) mum what are you doing talking to a man in a dress.

passing is what we all would love to do but we get knocked, and we have to overcome these minor details.

I dress in women's clothing. I love their clothes so I wear them
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Nothing better than the feel of womans clothing, which is why I wear them.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I like dressing in women's clothes!! I have no desire to be a woman, just like to wear clothing made for them!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    A few months ago, it would have been clothing, now it is to express myself
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I would say feeling myself as a woman because I can wear next to nothing and the feeling is the same

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    dressing to portray a woman.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

Hi...
    Kate anne. oh dear that would be a knock down .

For me i wear womens clothes because i hate male clothing . is that all there is to it . the style, fashon, comfort . or feel . or even feeling sexy .

well no , its bcause i m a woman . & i need to wear some thing .so i v made the right choise . me thinks . & those other words of expresson are a part of it just not the sum total .
    its about who i am .
    Being a woman is not quite the same as just wearing clothes .

...noeleena...

I can see some of you didn't notice the line about "without commentary."

For people that were legitimately confused about the difference though, I'll clarify:

Is the interest more wanting to wear articles of clothing that are usually associated with women, such as skirts, dresses, and makeup, pantyhose/tights, yada yada yada, or is the interest wanting to dress in order to present ones self as "female."

In other words, for example, if you are all dressed up en femme, are you dressing as a woman so that you can wear the clothes you like, or are you wearing the clothes so you can dress as a woman?

I'm looking for motivation trends.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Silver Member
    Dressed in Women's clothes or Dressed as a woman? Interesting and confounding!

I wear women's clothes to some extent nearly 100% of the time. As the pendulum swings from men's to women's clothing at some point I am dressed as a woman would be.

I don't consider myself a woman even when fully dressed and presenting as a woman, but more a convenience of fitting the image assigned by society. That would mean that I don't dress as a woman.

Smile

i dress cause it feels right. so i dress as a women.

Both.
    Well I love the feel of female attire, silkies and tight stuff makes me feel pretty. But then you need boobs in your tight top so that it looks right. Yhen you gotta tuck your old chap away because you can see the bulge at the front of your skirt. and before you know it youve already started to look female.

Thats how I guess I started.

I like to see myself as a woman, and when that feeling takes me, its time for make-up, false lashes, forms, ear-rings and false long nails.

When I dont care so much for the visual, and only want the feel, I tend not to bother with make-up, nails and lashes and just do the rest. This could also be atributed to laziness
    Samantha -x-