Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tall dressers

I'm also 6'4", and have trouble finding shoes. There are plenty of tall GG's. I just don't let my height bother me.

Having said that, I have not tried to wear 4" heels, either. I prefer flats or small heels.

Mail order is easiest.

Freddy

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I am 6ft 8in and wear heels no higher than 3 inches and I go out and interact in the public. The only hint is for you to be yourself and if you want to wear heels do it! I was out a few months ago and met a tall GG who looked me in the face and she had on 4 inch heeled boots! With her boots she had to be about 6ft 6in to 6ft 7in with a body shape that would stop traffic and make men chase her! This girl had to be in her 20's and for me I was just glad to see tall women at events and she is the 2nd one who is near my height I had seen this year and in both cases they had on heels. I will save flats for when I get 140 years old.

So don't worry about your height just dress in a manner that would be impressive and start looking at sites to see how tall women dress.

What is the problem?

I've transitioned so I'm out there everyday. I'm 6'5" in stocking feet and I usually wear heels which are 3" or less. I rarely even give my height a second thought. There are a lot of other tall women out there so stand tall and proud.

I usually wear skirts and a blouse since I can use them to break up my height some but I also regularly wear dresses too.

If you're looking for shoes try Cloudwalkers at Avenue, that's my #1 shoe source. A girlfriend of mine just told me about www.barefoottess.com which has some really cute shoes in larger sizes too.
    Last edited by pamela_a; 06-11-2010 at 07:57 AM.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

tall sizes

I am 6'3 and usually always wear flats when wearing a casual skirt. When I wear pants I usually will wear a 3/4 inch heel so the pants fit at the shoes.
    I used to buy my clothes at tall girls shop but they are all closed in the US.
    I am still looking to find a tall womans clothing store in the northeast US where I can try on the clothes before buying.

LONG TALL SALLY in the U.K. sell shoes for the taller girl up to U.K.size 11 which i belive is a 13 U.S.A with varios size of heels

Sorry about this im only 5ft 6in and take a 6 shoe and dress size 8 uk which is a 4 U.S. I feel for you taller girls

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Stand in a ditch. Seriously, all you can do is wear flats - btw there are "flats" with a 1.5-2" heel ( for shopping etc. - for a nightclub heels are good ). And walk tall & proud- if they're staring, they must be in love
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 06-11-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I concur! Walk tall and proud. I'm 5'11" and 6'3" in my heels, and I enjoy being tall.

That being said, it could be worse. You could be this tall.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_371418.html

I'm 5' 10" tall...

...which is on the tall side for GG's, but as others here have pointed out, also far from being rare either.

Actually, I'm finding it a rather good height to be, as that is the height range most runway models fall into, and the clothes that they showcase are generally cut to drape well over that type of build.

As I go out more and more en femme shopping for (and trying on) women's clothes, I have noticed that because of this, the sleeve and pants lengths of the regular sizes generally fit me perfectly, with no further alterations required.

And more and more frequently, I am finding that SA's compliment me for the way the clothes that I am trying on look on me, while at the same time expressing the wish that they were tall like me so that clothes would fit them equally well.

Of course, this get us into the whole issue of how some people feel that the fashion industry really doesn't design clothes with the average woman in mind, and against which we are seeing a backlash these days. But as things stand - rightly or wrongly - being tall and slender is still considered to be the gold standard for GG's by the powers that be, and I am enjoying my above-average height as a GG wannabe while it lasts.

Hi Leanne,

Wear what you like - there are tall girls out there, and they (like you) worry about heels. The ones who don't worry about it look sensational. Just be confident that you look good.

The simple truth is that unless you are one in a million, people will read you pretty quickly. Don't worry about it. Dress in a style that you like and that fits in with where you are. Also remember that flats will make your "tall girl" feet look huge.

-jj

Depends what you want to do. Maybe it is hard to "pass" if you are tall, but it is easier to look fabulous, especially in heels. I am happy to look as good as I can at 6'2", which means I'll wear flats with a casual outfit, but for a more glam look it has to be heels! Confidence is the key.

I have seen a hand full of GG's out there who are over 6'3" + (Im abou there). And they are so awsome in there 4 inch heals and confidance! I think they look amazing and they do. Good style and great attitude will over come any other atributes. Just think of your self as a runway model and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Thanks Jamie! I so love dresses, but they always seem to hit me wrong - the waistline hits me right under the bust. Sigh.

I'll check this place out as two-piece dressing can get a bit old.

Kathi
    Kathi,

I've never been able to find a dress that really fits me just right. I'm a size 8 from the waist down and either a 10 or 12 (depending on style and manufacturer) on top. I refuse to wear hip padding so I have a lot of two piece outfits. Perhaps down the road I'll find a dress but until then I'm happy with mixing and matching my skirts and tops. I'd rather have clothes that fit everywhere than only some places.

Im 5 11and half + so wearing any heel over 3inch and i feel very aware of my height,as the other girls say there are a lot of tall GG about many over 6ft so really its down to how you feel about it.

I'm 6' 1". I don't mind being tall so much as I do having big feet. I take a women's size 14. I wish I took even a 11 or 12 rather than that! It makes it difficult to buy shoes. I'd love to go shoe shopping in regular stores but this isn't to be.

I buy my shoes online and usually wear flats.

Dresses are also a problem for me. The woman at Dress Barn suggested I wear sleeveless sheath dresses as they would fit me better.

Creature of the Night! Jennifer Silverstone's Avatar
    I'm 6'3" barefoot, and normally don't wear more than a 3" heel. That way I look proportional in photos so long as I'm not standing next to anything or anyone that gives a sense of scale! Blank walls are my preferred backgrounds, and it helps to put the camera on a tripod that is taller than me, so that it looks like I was photograpphed by someone taller and I then look normal! Not managed to translate that trick to everyday life though...
    [SIZE="5"]Jennifer Silverstone; if she didn't exist, you'd have to invent her![/SIZE] :cheeky:

Wear your tallness with joy!

I am 6'-1". At first my height was a problem. I am not out alot, maybe more in the future, who knows, but I do get out. I see more and more GG's who are over 6'.

I purchased a really nice spaghetti strap dress from a girl off of Craig's List. She happened to live in the St. Louis area so we met up. She was 6'. I was in drab, but we discussed height (not telling her the dress was for me, or discussing my cd-ing). She said her best friend, a GG, is 6-5". Then her parting comment, "Wear your height with joy!"

I find good tall items at www.jcpenney. Go to "women's" and then the "Tall" section under that. They do have some good, reasonably priced items.

For shoes, I do www.endless.com or www.zappos.com and shop by size. I wear a men's 12 so that is a women's 14. Believe it or not, the selection is not too bad.

Mackenzie

Thumbs up

I'm 5 9 1/2. I used to be 5/10 but have started the shrinking thing ( I'm only just turned 40) and I love high heals. I may be 7 feet wide but at least I don't roll on my side. Then I'd be tall lol. When I'm in my heals I'm like 6/2 or 6/3. But that not out of the ordanairy. If you wear heals that are 3 in or better it does not make you look taller just gives your legs a scalpured look and very fem to boot. If you want to wear them then do it and to hell with what others think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I'm 6' and I my average heel size is 3"

I do own a pair that are black 6" peep toe heels and believe it or not I walk pretty dang good in them too. Feel awkward though towering over my 5' 8" girlfriend.

Thanks for everyone's advice (and for everyone's commiserations!). Definitely given me a few things to think about...and removed some of my self-doubt about being so tall!

I'm 6'6" and like wearing 4 and 5" high heels. I say wear what ever makes you feel good.

6'3" here.
    I love hiheels but don`t go out, so it`s not a problem.
    Besides, tall girls are hot

Silver Member
    5'11'' here, without heels, and I don't own a pair of shoes or boots that have less than a 3'' heel and most have between 4'' and 6'' heels---If you are going for that domme look, then tall is good
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I agree with ArianneVillota.

The problem I had is when I hugged one of the GG girls(I go out with) she kidded me that my breasts are at her face and then laughs and burys her head in them.

Quote Originally Posted by AriannaVillota View Post
    I concur! Walk tall and proud. I'm 5'11" and 6'3" in my heels, and I enjoy being tall.

That being said, it could be worse. You could be this tall.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_371418.html