Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don't care if I pass just that people treat me like a lady....How bout you?

How about treated with respect

All that I care about, is I am treated with and regarded with respect. I don't care to be treated "like a lady" What the heck does that mean anyway?

For that matter, how is a gentleman treated. Why does treatment have a gender?

It seems so silly when one really looks at it.

I would like people to treat me, how I treat them. Gee, what a concept. Sounds like one of the primary rules that seems to go by the way side when it comes to certain groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita C. View Post
    Christina, I would like pat you on the back, if more of us girls felt the way you do, we could all stand up and be proud of who we are. Oh, by the way I am very proud to be a Crossdresser and I'm not going to let any one change that.
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    All that I care about, is I am treated with and regarded with respect. I don't care to be treated "like a lady" What the heck does that mean anyway?

For that matter, how is a gentleman treated. Why does treatment have a gender?

It seems so silly when one really looks at it.

I would like people to treat me, how I treat them. Gee, what a concept. Sounds like one of the primary rules that seems to go by the way side when it comes to certain groups.

SO let me get this straight. You treat women just like you would treat a man. When you met a women you give them a very firm hand shake? You talk to you female like one would talk to there male friends, Like , "oh you should have seen this hot piece of ass I took home last night". ETC.

There are Cretan ways we talk to men and women that are different. Most men would not tell the really bad joke to women then they would tell to there male friends.
    No I don't think it's silly to treat a women different then men.

But thats not to say I treat them with less respect , I treat them as equals But at the same time I treat them like ladies or , Princesses. But thats me, if you think I'm wrong in that well I'm sorry you think that. Or if you think the other of use that like to or treat other women like Lady's well again I'm sorry you think that.

You are not wrong if you think that cuz everybody Has the right to have there own opinion as I have the right to disagree with yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    Ya its sound like you would stand out more dressed androgynously then if you were dressed fully. After all when your dressed as a women you blending better then just wearing the clothes eh. That's how I look at it. So if you want to go out fully dressed then go for it.
    You're probably right. I've already crossed one bright red line - maybe its time to take another step.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    You're probably right. I've already crossed one bright red line - maybe its time to take another step.
    Annnnnnnd what step would that be you think. What is the next step for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    when i go out i try to be as perfect as can be, the dress, the walk, the talk, the feminity, etc, but deep down i know i wont pass cause of my broad shoulders, etc, but i dont care....
    i've never had a prob with anyne when i'm out, and i'm always treated as a lady too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    I try to doll up and pass and I did go out but I do not think anyone gave me a second look and if they did I did not notice but I do not go out anymore because I have an agreement with my wife but there are times I would just like to go out as a man and wear a skirt or just work around the house in a skirt.
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    when i go out i try to be as perfect as can be, the dress, the walk, the talk, the feminity, etc, but deep down i know i wont pass cause of my broad shoulders, etc, but i dont care....
    i've never had a prob with anyne when i'm out, and i'm always treated as a lady too.
    Broad shoulders???? Well have you SEEN my pics??? well I have very broad shoulders myself and if you look at some women they to have them....not many but some!

Quote Originally Posted by Greymancd View Post
    I try to doll up and pass and I did go out but I do not think anyone gave me a second look and if they did I did not notice but I do not go out anymore because I have an agreement with my wife but there are times I would just like to go out as a man and wear a skirt or just work around the house in a skirt.

Well I'm sorry about the fact you can't go out anymore. But at least your wife is ok with it , even a little and thats something.

It's hard for me to gauge the whole "do I look good enuf" thing. I think I do most of the time to ppl in passing i.e. walking past, coming & going in a shop or on the street. So there's that. Of course it's perhaps more important to most to know they "pass" when interacting, speaking, laughing etc with others. There's where I have a hard time judging myself, not that it's all that important to me in the 1st place though. My personality precedes me, if you will, which therefore complicates things and why I think it is hard for me to really know. I am always at ease and rather quick witted and charming in an unobtrusive way (if I may be so bold as to say) with my attention focused on the person with whom I am communicating, instead of on myself, worrying about acceptability.

All I can say is I've never been treated in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable or unacceptable. If someone "knows" it must be they immediately accept me as I am because I never see a reaction, only a bit of pleasant conversation and a friendly "good bye" when I leave, such as from a cashier at the register of a store, or a waitress in a diner. In fact I get much more smiles and pleasantries than my male counterpart ever does - such a formal unexpressive stuffed shirt is he (no twisted brain teaser of a pun intended, lol). If someones making faces or pointing with derision behind my back, I guess that's always possible. How would I know? Why should I care? Besides..."sticks n stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." So THERE! LOL...

Christina,

do I pass? That is in their perception.

I have been out as a woman for most of my life. People that know me treated me as a lady when I acted like one. If I didn't act like one, well that was a different story. Ability to pass is subjective, partly on apperance but mainly on your presentation.If you feel female and present that most will see you that way and respond appropiately.

danni

u r rite danni

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    Of course it's perhaps more important to most to know they "pass" when interacting, speaking, laughing etc with others.

All I can say is I've never been treated in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable or unacceptable. If someone "knows" it must be they immediately accept me as I am because I never see a reaction, only a bit of pleasant conversation and a friendly "good bye" when I leave, such as from a cashier at the register of a store, or a waitress in a diner. In fact I get much more smiles and pleasantries than my male counterpart ever does
    I think you are right about it being important to "pass" (or as someone said so well "to be passed") when interacting. I know that my voice is incongrouous, although someone recently described it as Baritone which is already nearly 2 octaves up from where I started but like you, I do not get negative reactions to my face.

I also get lovely smiles from people - in fact today, I was going up to the pharmacy counter in my local Asda (which I had not visited for about 2 months) and the sales assistant gave me one of the biggest brightest welcome smiles I have ever seen AND she remembered both my old and my current name when she needed to look up my records.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I just LOVE your attitude about it Christina!

I don't pass either, despite all the wonderful words many of you have wriiten me, almost convincing me I do! I only put the best pictures on here That said I don't really care. If I wanted to pass I'd have to dress differently and pretty much change my whole style to try to blend in. I have no interest in that. Amazingly I have had nothing but great experiences dressed out in the world. Not one bad word, not one confrontation. I'm sure it's inevitable, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, with my big old platform boots on and fabulous big hair on

Hopefully I will be able to emulate Christina's attitude and take it in stride. As she mentioned, we already get an undeserved bad rep, hopefully I will not add to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I would love to "Pass" and used to look pretty good when I was young, however, as we get older that aspect of ourselves diminishes (At least for me anyway). I really try to present myself well dressing appropriately, style my hair properly and apply my makeup to my best ability, but can only do so much. Like the rest of you, I wish to be treated with respect and as a lady.

Rach

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Girl View Post
    I just LOVE your attitude about it Christina!

I don't pass either, despite all the wonderful words many of you have wriiten me, almost convincing me I do! I only put the best pictures on here That said I don't really care. If I wanted to pass I'd have to dress differently and pretty much change my whole style to try to blend in. I have no interest in that. Amazingly I have had nothing but great experiences dressed out in the world. Not one bad word, not one confrontation. I'm sure it's inevitable, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, with my big old platform boots on and fabulous big hair on

Hopefully I will be able to emulate Christina's attitude and take it in stride. As she mentioned, we already get an undeserved bad rep, hopefully I will not add to it
    You have the out look I do. My mom says I shouldn't wear the really short skirts I love. Like you I would have to change my stile. After all when were new we are like 14 year old girls and go nut with makeup shorts skirt etc. After years of LOTS of dressing is when we "calm" down and Blend. I hope it never happens to me