Thread: Out to my daughter, wow!

Out to my daughter, wow!

I have read so many posts by so many of you, about coming out. My daughter (middle aged) and I just had the most amazing conversation, she has known about my crossdressing for some time. We have had a great discussion, and she is fully supporting and understanding. It feels wonderful, and I feel so relieved after being nailed in the closet for so many years! I just love her, and wanted to share. Thanks for listening, and hang in there.
    Susan

Congrats Susan. I guess in a way it's validation that we did something right while raising them, isn't it. I know I was nervous talking to my girls about it, and it turned out wonderful.

Banned Read only
    It sounds like you should have told her a long time ago! Now you have someone to help you with your CDing, and maybe go do some girly things together. Congratulations

Thank you Stephanie, I think you are right! She is a good kid, and very bright. You are very cool as well.

Thanks Vanessa, yes, I'm sure we can shop and do some girly things in the future, we even talked about that!

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    Congratulations Susan!!! it is so nice to hear such a positive story like that! And I am sure that in some ways it could make you even closer to your daughter because you two can do things together that you wouldn't do if you were in the closet....of course cloths shopping together comes to mind for one!
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

I'm happy for you Susan. No doubt, you have raised a very good daughter. One who does not judge and accepts you. I bet it feels like you are even closer then ever before.
    About seven years ago, my step-daughter found out. I was shocked at how much she knew about crossdressing. It made me wonder if her ex-husband might have been a CD. She just seemed to know to much on the topic.
    Not only did she accept it, but for Christmas that year, she gave me a nice baby doll gown.

I know your joy and relief in having your daughter's support. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by susanCD123 View Post
    Thanks Vanessa, yes, I'm sure we can shop and do some girly things in the future, we even talked about that!
    I think that's great But not to rain on your big day . Make sure you don't over whelm her with it. Just like telling a SO go at her pace not yours and it will be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Awesome

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    My daughter is 20 and we have never discussed crossdressing. On occassion she does laundry and has folded panties she knows belongs to me. Neither one of us has had the courage to discuss the matter.

Gold Member
    I am happy for you Susan. I came out to my oldest this year and it has been great. Let her set the pace (I was too slow for mine) and have a ball!

Gold Member
    What a great piece of news Susan. Coming to someone close to you is like taking a massive weight off your shoulders. You have a wonderful daughter there, I think it's a great reflection on you.

I feel the same way...

...and I came out to my grown daughter just after Christmas this year, fully expecting that the discussion could go either way.

Not only was she super cool and understanding about my revelation, but I think it made us even closer, knowing that I trusted her enough to share such highly personal information.

Now, if only my wife were equally accepting and open-minded...

It's great to be able to be out...but you kind of need to so some "picking and choosing" as to who you do come out to...family meembers are one thing and the girl who does your eyebrows at the local salon or the tech who does your pedicure is a different animal...say as to a fellow worker...all are not equal when one is considering who to come out to...

But once you come out to someone...especially if it's a significant person like a family member it becomes easier...then come out to a few more people here and there...and after awhile it does become the "no big deal"...even when you hit that "speed bump" where someone suddenly no longer has that friendly relationship with you before you disclosed ...you discover a new attitude of "if they can't accept me as I am, then I don't need them anyway"!!!! Then you find yourself developing relationships who those who are willing to accpet you both as a male as well as a female...

I think it all becomes the growth process that we girls need to follow if we are going to come out of the closet and be free as our female side wants....

Then once you get outside and start mingling in public oh girl...watch out at what happens...yeah, you get a few of those "WTF" looks now and then but you've get to the point where you just smile...chuckle at their response....and move on....then suddenly it all dawns on you....your female side is now "free as a bird"!!!! to go out and do all those things we want to do as a girl....

Just my humble opiiion.....

S.
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 06-14-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

that sounds great. Now don't the closet door hit you in the a** as you take the new found freedom and go out and have some fun. You deserve it.
    Michelle

The Kids are alright

Great news darling. I came out to all three of my kids last year. They all are very supportive. My daughter was the most suportive. She calls me her third parent. She can't wait to get together and go shopping with me and maybe a lunch date. The only problum is she lives in Boston and I'm in Michigan. So I'm planning a trip there this summer. Anyway, enough of my ranting. This is for you hon.
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

My 12 year old daughter spotted my ankles one day and asked if I was wearing tights (pantyhose), I told her they were actually just socks (knee-high) and that I should go change them for normal socks, she said "no leave them on, I like them". The same happened with my girlie shoes. None of the family mention my girlie clothing anymore.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm so glad everything went so well.
    My daughters know about Stacey and are very supportive. I even went out once as Stacey with my youngest who just turned 20.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Thumbs up

Just want to thank each and every one of you for your support! It is a wonderful feeling, I will take it slow, and keep you all posted. Thank you girls!
    Susan.