Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: restrooms

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by My Lady Marsea View Post
    [SIZE=3]I like totally agree Kelly, if you're going to talk the talk, then walk the walk. ...Also remember while in the girls room it's always FFF (feet facing forward lol).[/SIZE]
    She forgot to add you need to "squat the squat". Don't piss in the sink like I do.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisGTS View Post
    My wife always tells me about how dirty the ladies room is; for example, pee all over the toilet seat from hovering and toilet paper all over the floor as if they were used sashes from a ladies room beauty pagent.
    .... and to think how much it ticks off women when guys don't put the seat up first!
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    She forgot to add you need to "squat the squat". Don't piss in the sink like I do.
    Good Lord!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

earlier this year i took a business trip and had to use the womens room at penn station new york...its a very cozy little room and obviously a big city train station restroom is raunchy...thats not news.. the news was the flat out, real punching fist fight that broke out right as i was leaving...the 2 women bumped into each other and it just set them off....

fists were actually flying.
    one woman threw at least 3 connecting punches...and we all just stood there!! a couple of us filtered out and got the security..

and off i went...any anxiety about my first trip to manhattan erased by a fight!! I couldnt make this stuff up..

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    That's just nutty Kaitlyn. I'm not sure what I'd make of that... I hate physical violence... When its part of film it doesn't bother me... when its real life and I'm there. I shake for at least an hour till my body has calmed down.

On topic... I avoid peeing in public restrooms... I only use them in emergencies and when I travel. So I actually haven't had to use one yet. I'll be traveling en-fem in two weeks so that will be my first time using the womans restroom. I'm all with Kelly on this though... we really need to just put our big girl panties on and do it. We may be a little different... but our bodies still does its business the same. And someone looking like a girl in the mensroom... I've heard of ladies doing it, but us in a mens room sounds like trouble.

Still... I live in a state which does not recognize transgender bathroom rights. It sucks.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Women's restroom of course!

At first, I would have though that men should always use the men's room, no matter how they are dressed, unless you are really transgendered (i.e. very passable and living primarily as a female). But, women's rooms have more privacy, unlike men's rooms with open urinals. My wife is handicapped, and I have gone into the women's restroom with her dressed as a male, and have not yet had a problem if I announce that a man is entering.

So, maybe the best approach is to announce yourself "I am a man dressed as a woman, here to pee. Is that OK with everyone?" Or maybe that would cause more trouble? Has anyone tried that?

J.

ladies

without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    So, maybe the best approach is to announce yourself "I am a man dressed as a woman, here to pee. Is that OK with everyone?" Or maybe that would cause more trouble? Has anyone tried that?

J.

I'm sorry Juno but I think that is not the thing to do. We go out dressed and want to be treated as women and not go shouting to the world that "We are men hear us roar!" I would never do that , That could be just as bad as walking into the men's room. Sorry hun that just the way I feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiny10 View Post
    When all dressed up and out on town and if you have to use a restroom which one would you use?
    I use the ladies and it doesn't seem to cause a stir. Recently, I needed to go at the end of a train journey but was having difficulties getting through the turnstyle, so they sent a female member of staff to let me in.

When I began my transition at work, this was a topic of debate with some wanting me to use the disabled facilities 4 floors down from where I work, then the head of HR looked into the subject and decided I must be allowed to use the ladies from day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Skye View Post
    we really need to just put our big girl panties on and do it. We may be a little different... but our bodies still does its business the same.
    I disagree. If we put our panties on to "do it", that could get a bit icky I normally take them off before I sit on the stall
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

the ladies room - without any problem

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    Just make sure you pass well enough to not cause excitment
    I've seen some transsexuals, real pretty ones on youtube use the urinator on the mens room, for show. Poor guys...but I think it was a little funny. That looks dangerous, especially if they are drunk.

If one is not all that pretty and girly, they probably wont mind.

Not sure what rest room causes the least excitement.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I use the ladies room As it was said here you must also be sure you "pass" well enough to use a multi stall restroom. If you are not comfy enough find a single stall or unisex restroom.

Aspiring Member
    When dressed enfemme, I have always used the ladies room; no dawdling, do my business and get out of there. I do frequent gay and lesbian bars and feel quite comfortable when there but I have noticed that like most of us, ALL the CD'ers use the ladies restroom but ALL the male presenting lesbians use the ladies restroom as well. I guess they didn't read the memo about using the restroom of the sex you are presenting......

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    When youre dressed you use the womans bathroom thats what you are representing as.

Sometimes though it seems we dance around the topic. If you are presenting as a crossdresser- like some people say they are.. Then shouldnt you use the mens restroom. You are not trying to present as female. If by your presentation and mindset you are trying to present as female then I would say use the womens.

Well for me anyway this has always been a no brainer. No way would I walk into a mens restroom when I am female. I do look for and use a family/handicapped restroom when possible or a convenience store with a unisex. That being said I have used the ladies hundreds of times in all situations, get in and have a wee, wipe, wash up and scram.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

absolutely always use the ladies room as that is what we are when CDed - I've never had anyone say anything to me when in one - Ellen

My concern is what to do if you are not passable, or what about men who just wear a dress and no make-up or wig?

I found one reference used by employers to "The principle of least astonishment" which says to use the restroom where your gender appearance is the closest match. So, even if you are not passable, use the women's restroom. If you are obviously a man wearing a dress, use the men's.

If you are not passable, the main concern is legal. It would really suck to get arrested as a "man sneaking into women's restrooms". Right now, many laws are city statutes. The good news is that many states are passing laws. If passed, I think ENDA wil cover restroom use.

Here is a link to information on current laws:
    http://www.transgenderlaw.org/ndlaws/index.htm

I started using the the ladies room shortly after I started going out and never had a problem; however at first I would try to time my entrance as to weather it looked busy or not. One day being out at the zoo I had to go, the restrooms were crowded and long lines developed so I got in line. When it came my turn I decided to just do this thing. I went inside where lines were waiting for an open stall. While waiting I saw the whole scenario in the mirror - I diden't look any different than any of the other ladies. That made me feel at ease, I went in the stall as another waited for me, before I left I washed my hands checked myself in the mirror, touched up my makeup. I always use the ladies room when dressed. Look good and feel confident
    Debbie

At the end of the day, most of my decisions are based on common sense applied to the circumstances.

If my goal was to use the restroom, I would do a quick assessment of the environment. Which restroom would provide the greatest chance of "going" without encountering any negative consequences? (based on current circumstances).

My goal is to "relieve myself", not take a political stand, start a brawl, get mugged, get arrested, test the law, etc.
    Keep it simple...just my philosophy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK just my 2 cents. I use the ladies room. However When I use the room I go in and do what I came in there to do. I do not stand in front of the mirror playing. The idea is to go and do what you need to do and leave. No one will care if that is all you are in there for. The longer you stay in the room the longer others will wonder why you are in there. Which means closer examination of you. If you pass well no problem. but if you don't in some places you can have a problem. Why make a problem when all you really want is to just do what you need to do and leave. As for safety. I aggree that going into a mens room in female mode is not smart on many levels.

However I am presenting determines which rest room I use. However, when using the ladie's room I get in and get out.

Use the women's restroom every single time. I've been enfem 100% of the time for six months now and have never had a problem passing.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    My concern is what to do if you are not passable, or what about men who just wear a dress and no make-up or wig?

I found one reference used by employers to "The principle of least astonishment" which says to use the restroom where your gender appearance is the closest match. So, even if you are not passable, use the women's restroom. If you are obviously a man wearing a dress, use the men's.

If you are not passable, the main concern is legal. It would really suck to get arrested as a "man sneaking into women's restrooms". Right now, many laws are city statutes. The good news is that many states are passing laws. If passed, I think ENDA wil cover restroom use.

Here is a link to information on current laws:
    http://www.transgenderlaw.org/ndlaws/index.htm
    Good points and thanks for putting up that link!

I still think that you should use the ladies though. In the past, when I didn't pass hardly at all, I still had no trouble from women when using restrooms. Not even a single comment. In the men's I just cannot imagine it would have gone so well. For whatever reasons, women generally aren't going to give you grief over this issue - as long as you just do like them, go in, do your thing and leave. You can check yourself in the mirror or whatever. Just don't "hangout" or try and make a new friend. Be a woman, and they'll respect you for the effort.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.