Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to get ready?

How long does it take you to get ready?

Hi ladies. :Ze: I'm back with another curiosity question.

How long does it usually take you to completely cross-dress? I'm talking make-up, wig, clothes, and whatever else you ladies do to pass as much like a woman as possible on a given day. Is it 10 minutes? An hour? Does it take less time the more practice you've had?

From the GGs I've known in my life, getting dolled up can take forever. To go back and forth like you all are (and for some of you, in private) in addition to extras like wigs and padding must be exhausting.

And if you don't know how long it takes you, get an egg timer and report back here immediately!

Two Days for the Spackle to set. No really I can be out in 2 hours from start to out the door.

My wife used to say I took forever.
    Since I've been refining my look and getting much more practice I've gotten the entire process down to about an hour. That's including shower, shave, makeup and dressing.

If I plan ahead I can be ready in 30 minutes or so, but sometimes the whole thing is just too much fun to rush...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Ready, set, go....

Someone else asked this a few months ago. At that time, I said it was taking me about 2 hours from the time I start shaving until I put on the wig and check myself in the mirror. That's when I'm ready for the world.

I'm here to report that there has been no improvement in that time. Still 2 hours. Although I think that the results are marginally better.

I'd like to get it down to an hour. But, to do that, I'm going to have to train an entirely new pit crew.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Ann View Post
    Two Days for the Spackle to set.
    I honestly thought you were serious for a second. Shows you how dense I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    If I plan ahead I can be ready in 30 minutes or so, but sometimes the whole thing is just too much fun to rush...
    Hmm...perhaps I should've included "mirror time" to my OP.

I can do "not scary" in about 15 minutes
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Well if you don't count shaving time it's less. & on occasions when you haven't shaved your legs in a long time, then it can be "forever."
    Not counting shaving time, like an hour & a half. Concealing the beard-shadow well is the biggest task to looking like our femme selves.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Gold Member
    Hmmm....what time can you get here??? I can be ready to knock your eyes out by the time you arrive!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Even though I only dress in private, I like to look as good as I can, so its about an hour for Crissy to show up!!!

At may age about three hours. Actually less than 20 minutes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Daytime look, about 30 minutes total. Clubbing or photo shoot look about an hour. (I so want to be like Kelly).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I'm going out it can take up to 3 hours or more, depending on whether I'm doing nails and lashes. For home pleasure, I can do it in under one hour.

My first attempt at make up etc was last year, and took about an hour from start to finish - atrocious and messy . These days, with a fair bit of practice behind me I can be out the door in about half an hour.

Tash

It takes me about 20 minutes unless I have one of those days where I keep trying to find the right outfit. Somethings a girl just can not rush.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I can go from him to her in less than 40 minutes - more if I want to savor it.

Kathi

90 minutes. My getting ready always includes shaving legs and face, at a minimum.

If I really want to foof and primp, I can stretch that out to twice as long.

I luv being dressed, but I hate getting dressed. Shaving and doing makeup lost their fun factor long ago, they're just stuff I have to get through. But if I have plenty of time, I still enjoy the foofing -- moisturizing, lotion, fixing my hair and nails, picking out jewelry and outfit, padding around in panties and bra anticipating the evening.

My "Lexification" happens in just half an hour Ze. No more, no less

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    For flight day (Monday), I'm scheduling two hours, starting with shaving, showering, and contacts. If I can do it in less, I'll have time to get a manicure before going to the airport.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]30 minutes flat. No shaving. Like to put on my lingerie and heels and a black transparent dressing gown. Then I do my makeup, don wig and brush it into the style I want. Then finish with skirt and top and some jewelry, and maybe a belt. Pretty much 30 minutes, any longer and I probably wouldn't dress as much. Who's got the time?[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I have a habit of waiting til the last minute to head out for school.

SO, 30 minutes before heading out, I hit the shower, get out, dry off, do hair, do makeup while complaining to myself what a hassle makeup is, get dressed in bra, undies, slacks, top, go fix my hair again, and out the door.

I do not use a wig, and dressing as Erin is pretty much my daily routine anymore so I am pretty fast, one has to be when waiting til the dead last minute like I always do.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm starting to get the minimalist look down quite well now.

From shower to dressed about 45 min to 1 hour. Add nails to match the outfit and that goes up to around 90 min.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I can do it on one hour, and that includes chat on line and a glass of wine. Other wise 10-20 minutes.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

An hour, and that is down form 2 hours a few years ago. I guess practice does make things quicker.

Hey Ze. I wrote a thread not to long ago. Got lots of good responses. I'm on my iPhone and can't put the link on now but you can go read it and it should tell you lots. When I'm out of the tub I will get the link. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    In the beginning it used to take 2 hours but now it's 1 hour .... 45 minutes if I push it
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!