Thread: Those Oops! moments ...

Those Oops! moments ...

I was having lunch with a long-time GG friend, and started talking about some embarrassing moments I've had in the out-and-about world. Here's what came to mind:

• Eating my hair. It took me quite a while to learn the art of not eating hair.
    • Having a heel sink in deep and get stuck when walking over a grate or pavement transition. Last time was about two years ago, but I had a near miss last weekend.
    • Leaving the bathroom with the back of my skirt hung up in my underwear. This happened once; I was saved by a woman who noticed as I was leaving.
    • Losing a breast form to the dance floor about 10 years ago. Fortunately it was very dark and I discretely reclaimed it! Now they're always attached.
    • Accidently stumbling over someone's foot and saying "excuse me" in my boy voice. I almost never slip up on my voice, but that didn't stop me then!

Anyone else have tales from the front lines?

-- Diane

(Currently rethinking the whole lip-gloss thing, since my longish hair sticks to it on breezy days)

My ooops momment came when I locked myself out of my motel room dressed. With no car keys or Id I had to go to the main office and get a new key card.

Platinum Member
    Only a minor thing - I was wearing a rose/pink, thin strap tank top and linen beach pants (both from Victoria's Secret and clearly on the fem side of androgynous) when my youngest step daughter (early 20's) stopped in unexpectedly. Her only comment was "love your top". My wife giggled and all I could think of saying was "thanks".

being dressed in a skirt, blouse and heels when the door bell rang. Not thinking I opened it to a co-worker who was door knocking for a politcal candidate.

Yesterday I was shopping at the outlet mall with my wife. I was dressed in what I call 1/2 drab. (androgenous) and I saw a pair of shoes that my wife would love. I pointed them out to her and she tried them on while I was looking for myself. She walked over to me and said " These are perfect, I'm going to buy them". I didn't realize that she immediately walked away. I said "see there is another advantage to being married to a crossdresser. I turned to look at her and she was gone but standing there was an older couple who looke totally horrified.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I too ate my own hair when I used to wear my wig. Then I realized that that's what barrettes, hair clips, and scrunchies were for!

Otherwise, I've only recently started wearing low cut dresses and I keep forgetting to put my hand on my chest so that the neck line won't drop and reveal me and my breast forms. Thankfully, the times that I did forget were the ones when everybody else was drunk, so it was all ok

I haven't had one of those moments yet, but I can't help but laugh at some of the stories. I have to say that my personal favorite is losing a breast form on the dance floor.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    Losing a breast form to the dance floor about 10 years ago. Fortunately it was very dark and I discretely reclaimed it! Now they're always attached.
    Yeah! I had one pop out and roll into the middle of the floor at the women only exercise center! The place is a circle of machines, and everyone faces inward.

I just scooped it up, turned away, and put it back as best I could. No one ever said anything. I guess they might have thought it was as a result of having a breast removed.

Now I wear industrial-strength bras for exercise sessions!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I was xmas shopping two years ago and I had just bought a long white skirt at (get this) Sams Club!! Lol. And it's the kind of skirt that has only a strech waist band. I Did not notice it was falling down. I caught it just before it got passed my long tops bottom hem. I stoped walking and pulled it up as gingerly as I could. I looked around and saw that no one had even noitced.

You see in drab (Mike) has never and could never be embarassed. But that day I found out that Christina sure as hell could be. I have never felt that before and I must say it was fun. I even blushed after that thinking of what could have happened. I think it would be neat but it's as I said has never happened to Mike. So why I might have to do is get Christina embarassed one day just to see what it's all about.

Ya ya ya! I know what your thinking. Your thinking she is so full of it. She has so been embarassed ,but the truth of it is that ,that was the closet I ever got to it.

So does that make it a oops moment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Christina,

I've found those oop's moments come when we least expect them. when we just are being ourselves. happy and out of the blue they are there. and it happens to GG's also. lifes quirkey moments

Danni

pretty sure we all have those awkard moments from time to time. just life. yes, gg's to!

A few months ago, after a week long 24/7 Amanda time i was back in bobmode.
    I went out with my daughter and we called in McD's for lunch. I was in the toilets washing my hands, having used a cubicle, when I became aware of two young GG's giggling at me! I had gone into the ladies in bobmode !
    Thankfully there was no fuss and a good laugh with my daughter !
    Last edited by Amanda Stubbs; 08-17-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Spelling !

The fact that we can laugh at things like this happening proves that we are doinf just fine in our own lifestyle.