Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A contest I REALLY hope I don't win/Didn't win (Update)

Gold Member
    Maybe it is time to call your favorite sales girl for the insider skinny.

Kathi,

If you win that store will open itself up to a whole new clientelle! Just think what RuPaul did for MAC.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Kathi,

If you win that store will open itself up to a whole new clientelle! Just think what RuPaul did for MAC.....
    Oh I can see it now..... RuKathi

Kathi -- You know you will have to keep us up to date on all of this.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I first read this thread when there was like 3 other comments....I did not write anything but have been following it and have not gone to the site as you asked....After you changed your name I was going to but you were flip flopping between (I want to win....I don't want to win....I want to win....I don't want to win....I want to win....I don't want to win....) So I never went there just to make sure I did not push you over the top and win all that (DUMB) girly stuff!!! I hope you win and be proud of it. Your great hun and I love ya for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

...'our clothes are so flattering that even a man can look beautiful!'
    Chickie

So what was the result of the contest?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

A Contest I Guess I Didn't Win

Well, poo!

I looks like the contest is over and, as I haven't been contacted, (and I've been refreshing my G-mail page, believe me! ) I didn't win:

As I said in my original post, I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I am kinda sad that I didn't win the pretty clothes. On the other hand, I'm glad that I can hopefully escape with my lack of notoriety intact.

Sure, there were visions of the president of the company and I chatting about how best to serve their transgender clientele over lunch, the spokesmodel gig, and even Oprah!

Ah well, at the end of the day, I still would have been what I am today - me - a guy who loves dressing up as a woman!

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by DianeDeBris View Post
    So what was the result of the contest?
    Sadly, it looks as if I did not win. Sigh. Oh well, it sure was fun considering the possibilities! Besides, I think a member of their target demographic should have won.

Kathi

that's ok Kathi we still ya
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    Oh Darn...I was pulling for you too Kathi! Hey, maybe your notification was just ..... lost!!!!!! Yeah, you know, in cyberspace!!!! OK, maybe not, but if I were the judge, you'd be shopping right now!

Well darn! I wanted to see the big posters in the stores staring you in a sexy outfit. I was looking forward to taking all my GG friends over, pointing to your poster and saying, "she's my friend."

Oh well, there's always next year.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hrm...I was sure you'd win. =/ I did find it humorous that the only page with more views than yours was the company president's.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

That's too bad you didn't win. You would have made a very good spokeswoman in support of us. I did vote for you.

After you were ok with it, you had my vote, and not just because you are a friend. Your photo really did show a sassy confident female ready to take on the world, or at least a few shopping trips. I would have voted for you even if I didn't know you. Who knows, they may still be arguing over the fact that a CD won the contest. From a business stand point I can see them wanting to do what is best for business. Our battles are not theirs, and they may be considering how it would effect business more than who won. On the other hand, Joe Namath advertised for beauty mist pantyhose. Their claim was if they make a guy look this good imagine what they could do for a GG. Anyway, we still love you just as you are and I believe you are a great spokesperson for the CD community. Here is a link to the Joe Namath pantyhose commercial for those who never saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU

Kathi

I know winning would have been great for you even if it may have given you a few problems too.

However, I am sure your entry would have created a discussion at the company about how good you look.

You never know you might just get a call in the future.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Kathi,
    Given the number of views you had, I am sure you were a topic of conversation among the judges. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during those deliberations . You won in my world. congratulations.
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Banned Read only
    Darn! It was rigged I tell ya.

As you say, on one hand you are relieved but on the other hand you may have done more good for girls like us than you may ever know. Anyone who watched the results of this contest, believe me thier competitors did, now may realize there is a market they have overlooked. In these times of poor economic growth they all want what we have, MONEY (well some have it).

If I come across anymore contest I'll be sure to let you know

Well, Kathi, I, too, am disappointed that you didn't win. I voted for you several times (can I say that?) because I was told long ago to "vote early and vote often." (Unfortunately, around these parts, it wasn't completely a joke.) Getting the most views shows that you have a lot of friends. Keep that in mind.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Well, since you couldn't decide if you wanted to win or loose, I can't decide if I should say congrats or condolences . . .

That ok. You were probably just the runner up. So if she can't fulfill her obligations then it falls to you.
    Michelle

Complex Lolita...
    [SIZE="2"]Winning and losing -- the best of both worlds!

You deserve one of these:
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Check your spam box! Never give up! You are a winner even if they don't want to confirm it.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments, ladies! It does help to soften the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    You were probably just the runner up. So if she can't fulfill her obligations then it falls to you.
    Well then, if I'm runner up, don't I get at least a smaller tiara or something? A bouquet?

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]You deserve one of these: [/SIZE]
    Thanks for the hug, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    . . . but on the other hand you may have done more good for girls like us than you may ever know.
    Hmmmm. Interesting thought. I certainly hope I was representing us as the normal, wonderful people we are.

Kathi

Interesting update. They finally announced the contst winners on the WHBM Facebook page. I have already had one woman post, saying that I should have won due to my grace, class, and "story." I don't know if she knows that my "story" isn't really a story - I mean, I'm not doing what some brave souls on here do with hormones, surgery, and an entire lifestyle change. I just dress up in pretty clothes once in awhile.

Still, it's kind of neat to see the support of people like us from the normal public. It sure is better than the alternative!

Kathi