Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: gg has a questiin

I am gender dysphoric. I have an inner facet who is completely feminine and an exterior structure that is male. I idolize the feminine form, style, being and mystique. But as I have allowed my inner self to grow, my sexual identity has become very blurry. I am a closet dresser who is married so my opportunities for exploring are truly limited. It is the dysphoria that I believe would be most troubling to my wife if I opened up to her. I would undertake to live completely as a woman (until I achieved a measure of clarity) if I could do it without hurting those who haven't asked to be hurt.
    The end comment; gender isn't a continuum, it's a sphere, sex is the arrow shot through the middle of it...
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Quote Originally Posted by donnasweetheart View Post
    If you're a straight cross dresser, does that mean you're transgender or does it mean that you're just a man that likes to wear dresses?
    Sorry being pedantic in replacing your text with the correct forms in red, but to answer your question it does not mean transgender and you have actually answered the question yourself in beginning the sentence as you have done.

Hello Donna!
    If you crossdress you are transgendered to some degree. Just because you crossdress does not mean that you are bi-sexual or gay. The vast majority of crossdressers are not gay. The amount of gay crossdressers is the same number as the amount of gays in society as a whole, about 10%. Your man is trnasgendered, but probably not gay.
    Charlie

A crossdresser comes within the transgender community.

Gender and sexuality are different. Saying that a man is gay simply because he puts on a skirt is the same as saying that a woman who wears pants MUST be a lesbian. (See how ridiculous this sounds?)

For me personally, I have always been attracted to women. I find women and their clothes beautiful.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

As some of the other girls have said, "transgender" is an umbrella term which covers the entire realm of gender altering. I myself am a straight male who thoroughly enjoys wearing feminine attire at every opportunity, a crossdresser by definition, but transgendered as well. Although I have no desire to become a full time girl, the time I spend as Jill has become an integrel part of my life with no adverse consequences.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

As for me, I'm just a man who loves to wear lingere, stockings, and high heels in particular, but I also love dressing up all the way.

If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?
    For each of us it will be a bit different; I wear female clothing because I was conditioned to believe I was supposed to be female while growing up. Apparently, sometimes when things happen during our developmental age, they become permanently imbedded into your mind and personality, whether it coincides with our sexual orientation or not. So while I am definitely male, with all the stereotypical thought patterns, etc., I constantly feel like I should behave and dress as a female. While actually being physically female would make certain parts of my life easier because it would be more congruent with those feelings, there are other parts of life that would not match up as well; I don't like to sit and chat, I usually only talk when there's a direction to the conversation. I am 'fix it' oriented; when someone brings up a problem, I want to fix it, not just talk about it. Lots more, you can find the differences in male/female thoughts and behavior in some of Barbara and Alan Pease's books.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

If your a straight cross dresser, does that mean your transgender or does it mean that your just a man that likes to ware dresses?
    If you're a straight man who xdresses cuz you sometimes feel a strong attachment to a female aspect inherent to your inner self - and when in this mindset if you remain attracted only to girls then... if you think about, he's a male-lesbian at that point. That's what I am so I know what that feels like. Well, unless he's just xdressing and doesn't really feel an inner feminine presence - in which case it's just his particular kink. Imo.

Yeah, and....

OK, let's talk about all the things women do, some all at once, some just piecemeal:
    -grow hair long
    -wear hair in braids/buns/hair clips...whatever is trendy at the moment.
    -Dye or highlight hair
    -shave legs
    -get ears pierced & wear earrings
    -get pedicures & wear whatever nail polish you feel like
    - get manicures, same as above
    -wear dressers
    -wear skirts
    -wear high heel shoes
    -wear sexy and/or sheer lingerie
    -wear lacy or satin or silk or sheer underthings
    -wear revealing clothing
    -have a sexy shoe collection that rivals Imelda Marcos.
    -choose whatever earrings/bracelets/necklaces/scarves you want to wear today.
    -put on makeup: foundation/rouge/mascara/eyeshadow/lipstick, etc.
    -go to a spa
    -take bubble baths
    -have everyone adore you when you were a little girl because you wore the cutest dress.
    -pick a prom dress
    -pick a wedding gown
    -pick a cocktail dress or a little black dress, or something glamorous for New Years Eve

You get the point.
    As a for me, a straight guy, I want to do it too.....you know.....all the myriad of things that women do.

Meanwhile, women drive racecars, fly assault helicopters in combat missions, and are CEO's in Fortune 500 corporations, and own their own Harley Davidson motorcyles.

...I'm just a dude like most other dudes. I like sports. I like guns. I like restoring old cars...........I also enjoying having a feminine side, and doing what most women do. Call it weird, unusual, I don't care.
    It is what it is.

Nathalie, you've expressed it very well - thanks, I totally agree

Regarding my previous posting on this subject. Why oh why do you the girls continue to question what label you come under and question very deeply why you are like you are. I think most of you will be much happier if you just accept the fact that you are what you are and get on with your two lives. I know I do and am.

I have a strong attraction to both woman and woman's clothing. I love my male role, but I also dearly love my fem side. Dressing excites me, girls excite me....am I a transgendered lesbian...?? I do know life is wonderful, and anytime I can slip on a bra, silky panties, a garterbelt and nylons, a lovely silky slip, a soft flowing dress, heels, some makeup and jewelery and wig...I look at myselft in the mirror and just am in awe, that there I am...a woman. Oh I love the look. I love the feeling, the sound of heels, the shape of my breasts, the wonderful feeling of soft silky lingerie as I walk and sit, to cross my legs, to see the lacy edge of my slip...my mind just goes crazy...I Love it...Love it

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendastevens47 View Post
    I love my male role, but I also dearly love my fem side. .... am I a transgendered lesbian...??
    Are you transgendered? Yes - as a cross-dresser you go beyond the boundaries of your assigned gender.

Are you a lesbian? IMNSHO no because you are a man - as one SO put it a man plus, but still a man.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Banned Read only
    I'm a genetic male, but I've always regarded myself as female.
    I dress fully as often as I can. I would start living full time today if circumstances permitted.
    As for a label?
    I suppose I'm TG.

I would like to say I'm a man that like to dress as a woman. When dressed I want to look and feel like a woman, but am also very comfortable with my male persona. So where that puts me is not important to me. I'm old enough to realize I do not have a great number of years left and want to make the most of those I do have.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I am a straight man who loves to dress up when i get the opportunity to which is not so often these days. I have had feelings about wanting to be a woman but my family don't approve of it and it would complicate my life further if i ever went ahead with any sex change operation.

Quote Originally Posted by renee k View Post
    Hi Donna,

To give you my answer to your question, I'm more transgendered, than a man who likes to wear dresses. I feel I'm more female than male in my mental makeup. But I'm straight too. I'm not into men. It's just how I feel. I think the term transgendered fits who I am, better than a straight crossdresser.

Renee
    I think Donna says it for me too... if one as a CDer looks for the dee[er womanly, feminine feelings, identifying as a woman,
    at least for a duration of time(then going back to male mode), I would call this going beyond "just a crossdresser", into a more transgendered state.
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Well I'm a straight cross dresser and I'm TG . I don't want SRS but I am female more then male Like 70% female and 30% male. I identify as female more. SO I might have confused you more but I like women only and there's that. Hope I helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)