Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes don't make the (wo)man, but what about age...?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Clothes don't make the (wo)man, but what about age...?

Sometimes I dress one way and it makes me feel old. Vice versa, if I wear young looking clothes I feel very young. Am I the only one that gets this feeling from their clothes? I know this kinda asks the age appropriateness question in a way, and yet it's different. do you dress the way you feel inside, or by the candles on the cake, or by the way you want to feel about yourself?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My so says I was born in the wrong time. I love the feel, style and cut of the cloths from the 40s & 50s. The feel of the hem of a satin dress sliding across my thighs and shins is just devive.

Denise

I wear clothes that I like the look of. If that means tat I were old granny dresses or japanese school girl outfits then thats what I wear. I can't pull of the school girl being plus size and all but I do wear very short skirt That my mom tells me are way to short....LOL moms eh. I say if you like the look of an outfit and it not only looks good and is appropriate for the place your going then wear it. Now I would not dress as a ***** and pick up my kids (if I had any) as school but you get my drift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

In our world clothing, wigs, and makeup make the woman of the age we want not necessarily the age we really are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whenever I shop and then make a selection I always ask myself '...would a woman in her 60s buy and then wear this...?' After I ask that question and am satisfied with the answer I then go to the qestion '...will this dress add to the joy of dressing...?' Satisfied with my answers I then open my wallet.

I guess I feel younger in certain types of clothes! But gee, the longer myskirt is the older I feel!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The wallet is a big issue... if I had the nerve to go and try everything on in a store I would! But I select first and then buy and take back if it doesn't work for me and if I can take it back. So what about the post... I guess I wear what I like to and try out various things. Some work well, some less so. I tend to not go by age but what I think I look good in and/or what I feel good in! I can't excited by some clothes though and I know I dress younger than my age!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Silver Member
    I have always tended to dress more "mature" than I really am, but it doesn't really change how I feel inside. I always feel like an "old soul" as a GG friend once described me, regardless of how I am dressed (male, female, younger, older.)

Mostly I dress the way I feel and in clothes that make me feel the way I want to feel. ??
    Anyway, my spouse is still trying to figure out my "style". Every time we talk about clothes or shop I say, "it's not my style" and she still can't put it all together...actually neither can I. I just know when something is right or wrong for me and they way I want to look.
    She tells me that I look about 40-45 depending on what I'm in the mood for and that's about right for how I feel. So I suppose I dress my "age" in some respects.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

with me I look around at other women about my age and see what style they are wearing and try to get that style and only problem is there is no in paticuarl style women are wearing

Platinum Member
    I like to keep up with current trends but I also like my retro styles too.

Orchid

I dress younger than the number of candles. It is funny, my girlfriend has a 20 year old daughter who knows about me and even buys me things. When my girlfriend wants to know if I like something or not, I tell her to ask her daughter. 90% of the time we have the same opinions on clothes and jewelry.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

What is Old?............

I feel old no mater what I wear! Sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I find that magical garment that looks really good on me it makes me feel great. Great = Young.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My outfits are based upon my internal feelings, the mood I'm in and how I wish to present my image. However they are also aged based which I am slowly having to accept that I am not getting any younger and am definitely "middle aged". At which point I usually will wear something age inappropriate just for my own satisfaction in realizing "I've still got it!!" and to make up for my lost, never experienced youth.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    One of the delights of being a tranny is that we are less constrained than our GG sisters as to what we can wear - after all there is so much fantasy involved for us. In my case this means that although I am 65, I can - and do - from time to time choose to dress in totally age-inappropriate outfits. It's fun and I love it!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I dress WAY younger than my chronological age would suggest I dress. I wear mostly fem clothes that would look good on a woman in her late teens or 20s. I think the fact that I am slender helps me in that respect.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    At age 79 I really am in the older category!! I dress in what I feel like wearing at the time!! Sometimes I do look younger,some other times probably not!! I would never dress like a woman in her 20's ot even 30's!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I think it is so important to dress age appropriate if you want to pass......
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I dress like a mature but still drop dead gorgeous women. Which I am, yes? [Don’t answer that please]

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I feel old no matter what I wear! Sigh....
    And I will, no matter what I do, always to some degree, feel like I'm an adolescent girl of 13, 14 or so. So those are the clothes I wear. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing, I always feel the same.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Dressing for your age is hard in the beginning. We all want to experience the same things as young girls, we are learning as do young girls. Once we can get past this period then we can begin to dress and appear more natural and comfortable in everyday life.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Fortunately, I'm a closet dresser, Bri. So even tho I'm over 60, words like: age, appropriate, tasteful, blend, pass, even indecent, DON'T apply to us!

I only have to please ONE PERSON! My clothes NEVER make me feel any particular age, no matter HOW I'm dressed!

Simply, "excited", or sometimes even, "more excited"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I dress depending on where Im going and what I am doing. More than age appropriate clothing I work with keeping it classy and glamorous.