Reduce the number of years married to 14 1/2 years, and reduce the number of people who know, and you have described my life perfectly. In other words, I understand where you are because I am there with you. I am coming to realize that I am not going to be able to hold this back forever, which tells me I might as well start the process now. As such, I am saving money toward beard removal and intend to start that process in September. After that, I anticipate starting low-dose estrogen and T-blockers. My wife has already told me that my transition will end our marriage, but I can't reassure her anymore. I am getting to the point where I feel I need to do this, I need to finally discover and BE me. I was meant to be a woman. If she can't be married to me as a woman, I can understand the position she is in and I don't blame her. It does sadden me, but she has to be her, too. She tells me that she will still want me in her life, but not as a spouse after transition.

This is the hardest thing I have ever decided to do, and I am only at the start of this journey, and I am frightened. However, I am getting to the point where I have to accept that I have no other real options. At this point, I am just buying time...

Anna