Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I get to dress as a woman for 1 day at work, is this mean spirited?

Just my two cents: do not pander to "conceptions" - dress for success!!! start now and find a GG or makeup artist who may help with early morning application. This is an opportunity to represent yourself as to your concept of CDing.......if you need to pander to the "provcative" presentation-that is your choice...however, dressed to the nines as a working woman(office that is) is the better presentation......you will also feel a bit moer comfortable throughout the day

You will not believe this, I found some breast enhancements ($15) that look like silicon forms and a wig at value village. Got a bra and a glitter x-mas top. I want a short glitter skirt, the kind that is popular for the holiday season. I am going to wear glitter on my face and in my hair. Getting a manicure too!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    So dress to the nines and enjoy yourself. They might think this was going to a fun silly thing. But maybe its time to let 'her' out into the real world.
    Do your best and you might be on a new road to happiness.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Frillee View Post
    Its only a couple of bucks and most of the people already have the required amount. The cost is spread out over many 100's of people so it works out to $2 a person. SO money is not the object.
    Frillee, here's my $2. What's the date and where do I show up for a fun day?

No! no glitter on the face you will spoil a good effect.
    If it rows your boat ok, but if you are doing it to throw people off the scent... Don't....
    I suppose if you need to look funny, well...
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I like glitter!

I like glitter!
    If the girls aren't coming dressd like chip and dale dancers then don't wear glitter. Grow up.

I want glitter!!!!!!! And glitter I shall!

acceptance

I wanted to dress a little ****ty or provocative! Knee high purple striped Thigh High Stockings with black Gogo boots, a short ( a little above the knee) black dress with a Sequin tank top, glitter on my face and purple lipstick.

Here is the top:
    http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/p...&pid=330096023

The thigh highs:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Womens-Mad-Ha...item51a08fc040

There is no history, the women of the workplace decided this and though we would have fun with it. They also have to dress as men.

if you want people to not make fun of you then don't make fun of yourself. dress in business attire and give it your best shot. get nail tips , shave the legs and tweeze the brows. go in looking so good they won't know its you.

glitters heels and purse. a little formal for the office but you could pull it off with the right dress.

Dress to the nines and maybe they'll ask you to dress more often, what a break that old be
    Formerly Lolisa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you go ****ty and glittery I see this not working out well at all.
    Go classy and stylish you could pull it off. Put your fetish to the side for this deal is all I'm saying.
    Involving a GG girl in the process of make up is a smart plan.Maybe have another help you pick out a nice outfit.
    She isn't going to pick out anything trashy because she has her reputation on the line.By that I mean other women will give her grief over a bad outfit choice.

if it were me i would have on a cute skirt just below the knee, and a "basic" pastel blouse, under a lite grey or black jacket. two in heels (black). and hose.

modest length earrings (i like dangles) and short neck-less. a bangles bracelet. (i like the jingles).

of course my good wig and proper make-up. if i could arrive a bit late for work or get a early appt time get it done by a mak-up pro. (yes for this day i would spend the bucks).

just right for a day at the office.

but what purse to have....???

loni

Well sweetie, is there any update? How did it go? Details
    Last edited by LauraLuvzMuzic; 12-18-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'm with Meghan, go kickass. Kickass does not have to be ****ty. I have a high waisted black pencil skirt and high collar white blouse that when paired with the right heels. . .well, you get the idea. The skirt is below the knees (which is quite unusual for me) and the blouse covers everything and is not tight. With good makeup and nails, jaws will drop honey. And anyone who wants to joke or ridicule will be reduced to ash.

Go slow with it, let them know that you are enjoying yourself, and let the cameras snap. Among hundreds of employees, someone is going to be jealous of you.

I dont think the tone is to dress as a "visible minority"...it's just a laugh for charity and I doubt there is any mean spirit behind it, exaclty the opposate in fact.

Try and go looking as femme and kickass as possible, floor them with your looks and enlist a couple of GG's you know are skilled in things like make-up and style and get them to prep you.

If I was to do this, I think I would dress work appropriate but slightly upscale. No glitter or miniskirts. I would follow the company dress code, but try to out do the women in the office with upscale office fashion.

It would probably raise eyebrows though to show up in expensive clothing for a one-off stunt.

I'm anxious to hear how this turned out. Huge opportunity. I hope Frilly did a good job and not a ...IDK...glitter tramp thing.
    Mary

I did this once. When I "lost the bet" (our team surpassed our goal for a charitable contribution), I showed up looking like any stylish professional woman. The stunned silence was priceless. My only comment was, "If you guys are going to bust your asses to top our goal, I am going to do my best to pay off my bet." Little did they know...although a few might have suspected

Agree 2000000%. Show 'em what you got.

It's only discriminatory IF THEY KNOW you are TS ... if you are CD, then, it's kinda busting your balls a bit.

But ... take the opportunity ... and do the best job you can. A visit to a professional makeup artist would be well worth the money for this! MAYBE YOU CAN CONVINCE THEM TO DO IT MONTHLY!!!!

Silver Member
    Ultimately, it is your choice if you do it and how you dress, regardless of what other people think. However, I'd really think twice before you bring your dressing into your workplace. While you could probably get away with it, there is always a risk people may start to wonder... are you sure you can deal with that? Things can hard enough in a workplace without the risk of that hanging over your head.

Ok. Everybody will be expecting you to dress like a hooker. So shock them and dress to look as best as a REAL women. Walk talk and be a women for the day and don't break the lady like day. That will floor them more then if you dressed as a ****. If you need to wear glitter do so only lightly. Believe it or not but less is more. You'll have way more fun if you do it as if you've been dressing as a women there for years.
    Just my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I just think it's a shame you only get to do it for a day, try and see if you can extend it for say "a lifetime" LOL!!!!
    I want to be this girl!

If you are good at it, dress sharp and flaunt it.
    Knock their socks off.
    I live losing bets and showing off my ability.
    Not as good as I used to be. Sigh!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.