Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I can't take anymore"

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    I know this problem only too well. I have two wardrobes, one double for skirts and the other walk-in for dresses, blouses, cardigans and underwear. Both also have shoes in boxes on the shelving. The rest are in the loft on hangers. I now have almost 600 dresses, and the skirts have reached 999 with a policy of one in, one out. I think I have over 200 pairs of shoes and boots, and lots of tops in boxes in the spare room. One of the biggest challenges was how to store the jewellery - all the necklaces and pendants are on hooks inside the doors of the double wardrobe,and the earrings are in 3 hardware divided boxes, and the scarves (over 100) are on special 'hole' hangers in the walk-in. I absolutely love these clothes and spend most of my tiem in them. In fact today I reckoned that if a woman is under 30, I have probably spent more time in a skirt/dress or even a bra than her.
    I should show this to my wife so she'll back off . I don't know numbers but I have two dressers full of clothes, half a walk in closet, and a pile at the end of the bed.... plus about eight or nine pairs of shoes. Maybe around forty or fifty dresses? I just did a mini purge at her insistence and got rid of about 100 shirts, pants, and dresses, and it seemed to barely make a dent. Ban Goodwill, WalMart and Ross indeed! (I always misread that "Ross- Dress for Less" sign as "Crossdress for Less"!)

Aspiring Member
    The questions is why do some of us tend to go overboard? What could we get out of a new this or that when we are approaching numbers like these? Especially those of us who have massive pieces of the same type of clothes

And you look great in it all too Ms. Lynn Marie! Yes, I am in the same boat. Never before has my walk-in closet floor been used to store things, and now it is. It's time for a big spring Purge I see coming up!! The neat thing is once space is freed up and made, then one can go shopping for..........well you get the idea.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Sometimes I think people like us should be banned from Ross and Goodwill, Macys and Zaks.
    And a lot of other places that push fashoin.
    Let's throw in Victorias Secret as well.
    Ban them all I say!
    Give us our closets back!
    No, no, no, please Ross et al, she was only joking! =) We need you........

Also special props to Volume/Payless Shoe Source for actually stocking size 13 shoes on the shelf. My pantyhosed piggies thank you!

~Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    The questions is why do some of us tend to go overboard? What could we get out of a new this or that when we are approaching numbers like these? Especially those of us who have massive pieces of the same type of clothes
    In my case, as I imagine in others', I started out buying anything I found in my size. As I started to figure out my "style" and what I liked, I started being a little pickier. Other times I find deals on things I know I don't need and think, I just HAVE to take advantage of this deal! I currently have not bought myself anything in about six weeks, which is a record for me!

Love it, just read the term "pink fog" for the first time. So very expressive, so appropriate, one of the reasons I love this forum.

Have a wonder, pink fog kind of weekend!

Banned Read only
    There is a very simple solution to this problem. Go out and buy land. On that land build a comfortable house to live in. The rest of the land is closet space! Oh, do find out how high you are allowed to build while you are at it. My new three story walk-in closet is just wonderful!

Warning: I bought over 100 acres.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    ROTFLMAO! Hahahahahahahahahahahahah......... passed that point a looong time ago!
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

My Mom told me once that I have 10 times the amount of makeup she has and that I have enough. But mom also thinks that I sould not wear short skirts . LOL. Moms what can we do with them....... LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I have purged over the years (now calling it denial, ugly word) but I completely understand the pink fog effect on the closet space. In male mode I have 3 pairs of shoes and a stack of black t-shirts. However when I walk into a store and just want to get done, Amie takes over and off to the shoe department we go. Only 7 pairs of shoes for Amie but that is more of a hiding from the teenage daughter delima. Once she moves out Mark's wallet and Amie's spending will cause some problems.
    Explain to me why I can't live in both worlds? ....... Well your rules are stupid!