Thread: I was advised by my heart surgeon to wear a bra.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

I was advised by my heart surgeon to wear a bra.

I had open heart surgery about five months ago. Recovery was going great for a couple months, then I started having breathing problems, then got a stent put in the week before Christmas. I started a new job at a warehouse doing data analysis, but was spending a lot of time having to lift automotive parts. So I started having chest pains that I was unsure about. I went back to my cardiac surgeon, thankfully the pain was outer muscle and not the heart itself, but she told me I should wear a binder to try and support the healing process. My insurance decided it's unnecessary and won't cover the $450 cost of the one she recommended, so I asked if there was any alternative. She told me if I could find the right kind of bra, it could help but would not be fully supportive.

She has no clue that I am a CD as far as I know. I just hope that Catherine's will let me use my flex spending card

"oops", what a terrible serendipity!

wow... good luck hope you get well soon, I was just cleaning out some of my stuff was going to toss out 5-6 old bras maybe I should sell them as medical binder's on ebay....lol

haylee

. . . and it needs to have lots of lace because lace has therapeutic properties. Don't forget the forms as they add the needed ballast to prevent the chest cavity from collapsing in on itself.

Girl, I could have so much fun with this one

I wonder if Victoria Secrets make a medical bra, maybe you should go find out. All kidding aside I hope you feel better and have a speedy recovery.

Try a lace up boned corset, that could be supportive and accent your figure.
    What your doctor advises though is some binding to hold you together and is not too tight.
    It should be flexible.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    A fortuitous intersection of Opportunity and Reality!

Just be careful lifting stuff!
    Please call me Lisa!

I say go for a waist cincher + bra. Those will probably help you and are both inexpensive.

Maybe a nice longline bra with extra support?

Any excuse is a good one!

Had a horse step on and severely bruse my foot once. For shoes the Doc said I should wear open top sandals or if I must wear something that covered my foot nothing more than clogs. Just love when the medical profession insists on us cross-dressing!