Thread: decided tell mom about my cding

decided tell mom about my cding

The other night I stopped in to see her like I do every week and I made up my mind to tell her about my cding. As I tried to explain she said " I think I know what your going to say". My mom is a Republican and said 'Are you trying to tell me your a Democrat!!!". Well I couldnt stop laughing for awhile, and then just came out with it. She saids "phew is that all you wanted to tell me". She then talked some more saying its fine if it makes me happy and even wants to see me dressed at some point. I myself have never identified as either politcal party but my mother is a chairman in the district. I felt like sharing this. ---wendy

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    Well, are you a democrat?
    I'm proud of your mom for her love and you for your bravery.
    Love will find its own way through.

Wendy your story makes me laugh:, I loved it. I think your mother is AWESOME. it is funny that she is more accepting of your crossdressing than being a democrat.
    Let us know how it goes when your mother see's you enfemme.

That's a lovely story Wendy, & your mom sounds like a wonderful lady. When is she going to see you dressed?

Good for you! Most of the time our fear is our biggest problem. Its amazing how many times the person we share this with ends up saying "Is that all it is?".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Good for you and your mom
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

That's too funny!

I am so happy for you.

I just hope it goes as well with my mother when I tell her.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Congrats, Wendy !! I'm so glad that your mom accepted you for that. I told my mother several years ago and had pretty much the same reaction from her. She was surprised, but just said that as long as I was happy, she was happy. She hasn't seen "Alana" in person (and hasn't requested it), but has seen pictures.

I hope that your mom likes the "feminine you" and you both can be even closer and do things together as "mother & daughter".......that is, if you want that. & good luck, hun.

See there are worse then CDing hun.
    Angie

Be glad that your mother cares for you as a person and not as a voter!

Hi Angela,Well we didnt get into a time yet but I did show her a few pictures that night. She said that she would not of known it was me, and then commented that I looked very good and even appeared younger.

Wendy, that is so funny and it also shows how serious some people can be about politics!
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Thanks

All of your responses have been very kind and supportive.Since being on this forum over the last 8 months, I have been able to have the courage to come out of my shell and am now a much happier person because of it--wendy

That's to funny....... sounds like you got a pretty decent Mom.

Would be willing to swap mothers ?...... No I thought not !

Helen

LOL very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy68 View Post
    All of your responses have been very kind and supportive.Since being on this forum over the last 8 months, I have been able to have the courage to come out of my shell and am now a much happier person because of it--wendy

For a short 8 months? That is good progress.

Just think if the site was around 20 years ago.....we would be out and about in public 100 fold.

You are right with this site and hearing more and more about us girls being out and about gives me and others hope and courage like yourself. Without this site I would have been stuck in my closet still today.

Beth
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

That's so nice to hear that she was very accepting of it I admire you for having the courage to tell her!
    Click my sig to see my MySpace page!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile It's great that your mom loves you and

Accepts you fully. I was never able to tell my mom, she's passed on but I think she knew about Kimberly. Someday I will tell her in person when I see her in heaven.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

It is wonderful that you came out to Mom and that she was accepting. It would probably be a good idea, however to keep your political beliefs to yourself if you choose anything other than the GOP.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Wendy,
    That is one of the greatest stories I've ever heard. LOL

Plus, who would ever have thought that political affiliation would be more important than being a CD.

It's good to know that there is still hope for the Republican Party!!!

Just kidding, but couldn't resist.

Maybe your Mom should run for an office. I'd vote for her.

Grace,
    Bobbi

OMG No! It's come to this!

[SIZE="4"]Here I've been coming out to fellow co-workers and family and friends, and finally telling them all about myself, and now I have to go back into the closet! Here I told all those people that I was a Democrat, and to find out I'm despised more than a Cross-dresser!!! LOL

Great story, I'm happy your mom excepts you for you! It's a wonderful feeling not to have to hide your true self!

Love, Tracy [/SIZE]
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

My Mom

hay girl I am very glad you had such a great response from your mom. When I told my mom and dad I could not just come out and tell them , so I left my night gown on my bed (I was sill living at home .I was 21) for her to find. It took 3 days before she found it , when she asked me who's it was I said it's mine. Her smile left her face, she went white and said ( will talk about this later) that was in 91. She still has a very hard time with it. She love me but she is not happy with it. I did ask her if I could dress over Xmas , when I will take 3 weeks off , and she might so here's hoping. I am very proud of you , you did some thing I could not do. I hope to hear from you as to how it all comes out. Huggs Christina horton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Wendy thanks for the laugh, that was a great response from your mom, I wonder if I could soften the news if I told my mom I was a Republican, no just kidding mom, I'm really just a cross dresser! You know that might work!