Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossdresser Day

Banned Read only
    As if I'm going to walk around looking at other peoples wrist for a rubberband!
    Wont work for me. And is Friday 14th November, really Crossdressers Day? If it is, then the festival organisers have chosen a good day to kick off the Feast Festival in Adelaide, free opening night party. I dont think I'll need anything like a friggin rubber band to detect other cd's/tv's.

Janie

Hi Janie...This is not just for the 10 percent that dress up and go out all the time. This is for the 90 percent that feel they are alone. If we start noticing that there are many more of us than anyone ever thought, it could start to make more and more of us braver and maybe dress and go out ourselves. Seeing cders dressed up has to be common, before it gets accepted. This is one of those small steps that everyone talks about.

We need our own colors for the future. Many of us won't wear the gay pride band because we aren't gay. We just want to wear womans clothes and be accepted. But don't stop with any ideas in the future.

If someone ask you why your wearing the rubberband and if you tell them the truth. Bingo...you just made them uncomfortable. What a perfect day.....
    Last edited by Di; 11-15-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    Hi Janie...This is not just for the 10 percent that dress up and go out all the time. This is for the 90 percent that feel they are alone. If we start noticing that there are many more of us than anyone ever thought, it could start to make more and more of us braver and maybe dress and go out ourselves. Seeing cders dressed up has to be common, before it gets accepted. This is one of those small steps that everyone talks about.
    Hi Sandygal ... I'm not in that 10% that dress up and go out all the time. If I dont bomb out, this coming Friday will only be my second time out, dressed, the other was Halloween. What I was saying is that this rubber band thingy wont be of any use to me personally, because its not something that I would pay any attention to, to notice. If its something that helps anyone else, then good for them.

Janie

I'm in. Now I just have to find a two inch wide pink elastic.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Its almost here,lets try to keep this thread near the beginning until Friday. No more excuses. Like they say "Sh_t or get of the pot"

On Friday, the guy somewhere in western NY with the red rubber band on his left wrist? That's me!

Banned Read only
    In the UK postmen have a habit of snapping rubber bands they remove from packets of letters around their wrists to be re-used.

I guess you could say that today is Crossdresser Day Eve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Happy crossdresser day eve!

just to keep this going sandygal

Crys xx

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    I guess you could say that today is Crossdresser Day Eve
    I hope every girl is going to be hanging up her (black silk) stocking!

Sadly enough, I *ALMOST* forgot about tomorrow. Then I saw the rubber band sitting on my desk and was like "OMG, I should go check that thread!" So, here I am.

I'm wearing it tomorrow, matter of fact, I'll be putting it on here in about 30 minutes when tomorrow comes and won't be taking it off until tomorrow evening. Thick, tan rubber band on the left wrist of a red-headed guy with a beard and an Atlanta Falcons hat at KSU, that's me!

Question

Well ladies, It's post Crossdresser Day and I'm not seeing any reports of sightings
    Hoping that everyone is sleeping in.......and to hear something later.
    SandyGal. did you have any luck?

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Well, I didn't see any rubber bands but I did see Elvis. Not really, but I saw no other CDs and no one noticed me so my day was a big bust. Maybe next time.

I just read the post today November 15th so I think I missed it. Dont recall seeing any rubberbands yesterday. Good thought though.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

For a first try I think we did good. A few sightings and the knowledge that there were others out there, somewhere, that had rubber bands on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Hi girls....We didn't have to many sightings, but thats ok, its a start. For many of us, wearing the rubberband was quite exciting. It was our first time letting another person no that they truly were not alone. I'm hoping we can all put our heads together and pick one day of the month to do this. I'm thinking the second Friday of every month. I hope this site can make it a sticky thread for all to see.

Thumbs up

Good idea, I only picked this thread uptoday also and I would have done it. If we go another 12 months without raising awareness, it may pass by unnoticed again. 2nd friday in December is the 12th.

T
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    I had an idea and was wondering what the rest of you think. Only people on this site and other sites if we spread it around will know. How about the simple act of having a rubberband on our left wrist on the second Friday of November sound. All of us and anyone supporting us will only know. I have heard so many ideas over the years, but I thought this might be the easiest way for us to notice each other and to see just how many of us are out there. If this works well, we can try it more often. Start spreading the word........................

A national crossdressers day cool lets do it in july and not in one of the cold months

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Marking our left wrist with a rubberband on the second Friday of each month will be a great advance in networking on a bit more public way. I would be gracious of the Forum Moderators to mark each of those days with a reminder so that those of us who are memory challenged can join an a consistent basis.

This type of banding is quite effective. After all every time I see one of those bright yellow wrist bands, I am reminded of Lance Armstrong's -Fanci
    Last edited by Di; 11-15-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: ?

I wore mine ,and I did not see any others , But I am a truckdriver and was only at truck stops. in Reno NV. I think every sencond friday is a great Idea. Although I wear it evetime I am out of the truck and all the time in drab. We need to find a good sing that works well with dresses and all that. A rubber band does not go well with a long black dress LOL. HUGGS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Question So for next time.....

First off I want to thank Sandygal for her great idea !!!!.
    I'm sure we'll be hearing more tales of sightings in the coming days.....
    I'm going to throw an idea out to everybody...Would Saturday - shopping at the mall or grocery, etc. day be a better day to be out and seen?
    Just seems to me that it would be a higher traffic day as opposed to friday where most people are at work half the day. Just a thought. Comment awaaaay!

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....