Thread: Surprised at not standing out as a bearded lady

Surprised at not standing out as a bearded lady

I've been visiting various Starbucks in our area while dressed (skirt, blouse, stuffed bra, women's sandals, etc.) for a couple of weeks and continue to be surprised at how easy it is. I wished I'd started much sooner.

People come sit next to me and talk, perhaps a little more than when I'm wearing men's clothing. Just now a fellow in his 60s moved from the other side of the store to the chair next to mine (his wife followed a little later.) I asked if he moved to enjoy the sun and we had a 10 or 20 minute conversation about computers, etc. It was no different than if I were in drab.

One difference is that the staff, if anything, is a little friendlier: they really want to make sure that I have a good experience as a crossdresser in their establishment.

Even high school kids are reasonably polite. Sometimes I've noticed them snickering a little after they leave, but not to my face.

It is nice to just dress as I like and work away on my computer in public and to be able to look up everyone once in a while to see pretty women smiling if I catch their eye

Way to go Sam. It seems like a big step for you.

Starbucks

I am going to go to a starbucks when I get home. I was going to do this before and thought it was funny that you have had a good time there. I also will go in drab there to look for a girl friend too. So. I will keep u all posted. I should be doing it before hollowen. And no I am not going to a party. I have no friends to go with. So wish me luck. Huggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Being treated well going to Starbucks as a guy in a dress look - wow, more acceptance now. Hope it's no more a problem at work.

But I rarely go to Starbuck because I don't believe in paying $4.60 for the largest size of cold coffee. I discovered I can make my own great tasting cold coffee instead and save lots of money. I only use cashback cards at Starbucks to eat there, because I think they're a ripoff!

Nice Sam, If that works for you it probably work for others. Like going shopping or to a movie. Great step forward. Keli

I remember the first time I went to a movie with a top that was vaguely feminine: I felt very conspicuous.

I've been going to Starbucks for years (in drab), not so much for their coffee (tho I often get a quad ristretto which is cheap compared to "mixed" drinks), but because it's a comfortable place outside of the house (or work when I worked) to use the laptop. The background noise helps me to think, sometimes things are just too quiet for me other places

I wonder how long till the novelty wears off and I want to do something else

Quote Originally Posted by Sam44 View Post
    I've been visiting various Starbucks in our area while dressed (skirt, blouse, stuffed bra, women's sandals, etc.) for a couple of weeks and continue to be surprised at how easy it is. I wished I'd started much sooner.

It is nice to just dress as I like and work away on my computer in public and to be able to look up everyone once in a while to see pretty women smiling if I catch their eye
    My SO & I met at a Starbucks cafe in bookstore. He wasn't dressed though, but I was smitten with his deep blue eyes and his long, blond hair.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Being treated well going to Starbucks as a guy in a dress look - wow, more acceptance now. Hope it's no more a problem at work.

But I rarely go to Starbuck because I don't believe in paying $4.60 for the largest size of cold coffee. I discovered I can make my own great tasting cold coffee instead and save lots of money. I only use cashback cards at Starbucks to eat there, because I think they're a ripoff!
    See Jessy, maybe your missing the point here.. And there's a correlation between acceptence and the type of people that frequent Starbucks.. Or that are overly hepped up on caffine or both!! Yeah!! I hate coffee but I'd buy one and just set there looking pretty if it gauranteed acceptence.. Wouldn't you? Cheaper than a new pair of panty hose!! Lol.

Guess alternatively if you frequent cheap-ass, watered down coffee places.... they will hate you big time!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Congratulations!

When I saw the title for this thread, I bet with myself that it would be somewhere around Vancouver. Seattle will do. With all due respect... you could be an elephant in a dress and most people in this part of the world would probably be cool about it.

Sam, I'm glad to hear you can get out and have discovered that most people really don't pay that much attention to anyone else. Enjoy your coffee and time out.

you could be an elephant in a dress and most people in this part of the world would probably be cool about it.
    Just be sure to tuck the trunk otherwise it might cause a commotion.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB View Post
    ...you could be an elephant in a dress and most people in this part of the world would probably be cool about it...
    Yep, when I've walked in parks, very few people seem to have any negative reaction. I've gotten much more grief dressed in colorful men's shirts in, say, LA.