Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd email - How should I respond?

Silver Member
    I would respond to her e-mail. Obviously she does not have a clue as to what cd'ing is all about or even how to talk about the subject intelligently. I would make an attempt to educate her about cd'ing. I don't see any harm in trying to promote our cause to the uninformed.

Gold Member
    I know the initial desire would be to tell her to cram it.

But yeah if you at least try to educate her a bit and act friendly, it will leave her with a good impression.

That is how I see it when faced with the fact that I am the first CD that someone has ever met. I figure "Ok, if I make them feel good about their interaction with me, it will leave them with the impression that CDs are not bad people.

So she didn't know how to approach asking, but most people don't. YOu have to forgive that.

Now if someone is flat out rude or insulting or whatever malicious crap some people lay [Like the a-holes who yelled "OMG it's that f-ing queer!..."] those types don't even bother with. But if someone asks, even in a poor choice of words, give them a second chance.

Too many people think we are crazy or whatever, it is up to us to prove otherwise...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I would respond to get a more clear idea of where she is coming from.I don't think one e-mail is enough to really know what a person may be like.Wouldn't it be a shame to miss the opportunity to meet someone decent and receptive,had you given them a chance.

She may not be a good speller and is a bit insensitive but she may be an honest curious human being. I would answer her e-mail but would not give any personal information for a while.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Silver Member
    The comment about still looking like a guy is over the top for rudeness(and BTW if you look anything like your photo in the avatar, feel free to contact Me because you are HOT darling)--and the fact that she doesn't post her own photo is quite suspicious--all of those cybernet dating sites will tell you that if you don't post a photo your chances of establishing a successful contact are nil--My advice would be to write her back, tell her that her comment was rude and hurtful, answer the rest of her questions, and then ask her why she doesn't post a photo--or better yet simply write her back and tell her you don't engage in correspondence with people who wont post a photograph of themselves.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by meg_dc_00 View Post
    A few days ago, I joined plentyoffish.com and I posted a profile and pictures of me en femme. I've gotten a bunch of emails, all positive, except one... a 38 yr old female from Virginia with no pictures posted.

----------------------------------------------------
    This was the email:
    I am just curious so pardon my question if it seems rude. You still look like a guy when you dress up, is that part of the look you go for, or do you really think you look female? Also, I probably need to explore more about just why men like to dress up as women yet it does not impact their sexuality ( hence, they still prefer women). Seems essentric to me, but my intent it not to judge, I just find it perplexing.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I was just wondering is a response even necessary?
    Hi Meg, Why would you think that a response would be necessary???? You don't have to justify anything to anybody!!!! But should you want to, then tell that person exactly how you feel. Responses are personal and should NEVER come from anybody else's suggestions!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Obviously, she's a twisted, possibly VERY sick, individual!

Anyone who spells "eccentric" with two s's, is NOT a person that should be trusted with your personal info!
    Nothing is obvious at all. There are millions of people in the U.S.A. alone who are illiterate or just cannot spell but are otherwise wonderful people.

That kind of judgement coming from th TG community is just the kind of thing that makes people hate us. It is exactly how many of them look at us. How can you expect them to accept you if you won't accept them.

Ive always tried to be polite and friendly in my posts but that kind of attitude really torques me.

Doc, I have just been informed that your post was made in jest but I still have trouble with it. If people within the TG community fail to see the humor, how will outsiders see it.
    Last edited by Lawren; 11-03-2008 at 08:37 AM.

well she wants to know and trying to understand. just talk with her
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is the community that shallow?

Good grief! The person was as sensitive as she could be. In her opinion, the photo she saw did not look like a GG. I haven't seen the pic so I can't share that opionion or not but she asked a genuine, and quite good question, IMO. Does Meg feel she looks feminine? How is that rude or insulting? It's a yes or no answer asking Meg's opinion, not stating a universal truth.

Compliments may be free, but if my butt looks big in this skirt I sure would like someone to tell me.

All the posts that took offense to an inquiry for understanding aren't looking to educate the world and are the ones being inconsiderate. They seem to be looking for unconditional validation of the vision in their head. In my head I'm pretty damned hot, too but that don't make it quite as true when shown the light of day.

And to suspect a person's motives because they don't plaster their picture all over the www? What a person looks like determines their reliability or sincerity? That's offensive.

One poster commented on his mother saying he's never going to change the world so don't try. Maybe not, but he can make a small difference by helping one person at a time become more aware and tolerant. It is encouraging that there are a number of posts not being hyper-sensitive and suggesting a response to the message reasonably and honestly. Those are the individuals of substance that can make positive differences in other people's perceptions that will add up to major differences in general.

I would consider it an opportunity. The fact that she bruised you ego is good, it means you are getting her honest feedback. Ask her what it is that she sees so that if it is something you can change you can improve. Otherwise, learn and accept.

You might consider providing her with the link to a couple of good sites concerning CDing.

Such as http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd/menu.htm

If you think it would be easier than trying to explain things. She can read what's there and ask more questions, if you're open to answering them.
    DonnaT

It doesn't really seem rude, so I would respond. Give her a straight answer (pun intended).
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

I think my response might go somthing like..."Excuse me, I don't wish to be obtuse but what exactly is your question?"

I think you look super Meg, and plenty feminine. I also think, even though she might not have worded it politically, that it's good that this woman is at least willing to explore the situation and gather information rather than condemning CD's out of hand with no info.

Well my worth is that she need to be told what Crossdressing is all about. So yes give her A nice response and tell her all about us . That is the best thing to do . If we all could all help 10 people to understand CDs the world would be better. So go for it HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)