Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't explain to people WHY I love to Crossdress and be treated like a woman?

I can't explain to people WHY I love to Crossdress and be treated like a woman?

I have told My whole fam, And friends. I only well 2 people who have a problem with is my mom, she realy HATES it , and my dad , Whom does not like it BUT he is trying to change the way he thinks about it. When people ask me why do you do it , the only thing I can realy say about it is that, I just love to so much. So can you girl give me some ways to explain it to them when they ask . Thanks Ladys. HUGGS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Gold Member
    This is a tough one.
    I guess basically tell them you are a real strong feminine side.
    Or that you like pretty things.

I mean come on, none of us really know why we enjoy it.
    Just another preference I suppose...

Think of this - can you explain why you enjoy anything that not everyone does? Like types of music or foods or television shows?

Right before we got off our chat I was saying I am a bit of a language nerd. I often get asked why I chose to study French and yet I have no idea...

hobbies and preferences cannot be easily explained...

Anyways yeah for lack of better response just tell them about the femme side3...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

that is a good question but just tell them why do they like vanilla and you like cholate and every one like different things others also tv some like hunting and we justlike fem clothes and whao!!!!! and enjoy it while we can

Beats me.... I'm driven to crossdress.... and I can't explain it either...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

why don't you post that in a form of a question like .. why do you cross dress or why do you like to cross dress ? that might help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I wish I could explain it to myself.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I,ve no idea why i crossdress, but i do know i enjoy it

I would say, "Even though I am male, I also very much identify with females in so many aspects of my life and enjoy wearing their cloths and presenting as female sometimes."
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I don't know myself but I truly do love it.
    Angie

Can't explain it well enough for most people to understand. Sometimes, when someone will listen, I ask this question of the other person...

Are you left handed or right handed?

They answer.

Then I ask...Why?

They don't know why, they just know they are.

Usually the discussion ends there.

No closet is big enough!

I thinkwe have female brains and think like a girl... I truely believe that

Surprise! You don't have to have a reason, not even for Mom and Dad. When it's Family asking that question, it's often because they are trying to assure themselves that they are not responsible. I know that sounds selfish, but imagine the shoe on the other foot.

I would answer that question with a question, "For what reason do you sleep eight hours a day?" Or, "Why do you breath and eat food?" Chock it up to life's many mysteries. You are just the way you are. Maybe there's a better question to ask them: "If I can accept myself as I am, without figuring out the reasons, can't you do the same?"

Peace and Love, Joanie

Banned Read only
    I've thought about this for years and my only conclusion is there is no answer as to why I (or you) crossdress you just do!
    It's perfectly natural for some males to like dressing as females, it exists everywhere. If there are people on other planets then there's a little green man somewhere sitting wearing a dress and carefully applying his makeup! Just accept what you are and enjoy it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Many of us may be in the same boat!

How can anyone explain what they don't understand? I certainly don't understand, and have difficulty explaining CDing, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Males = Bright Plumage

One reason might be that we are males, and males like bright plumage!! Look at peacocks, for example!

On a more serious note, I dress because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes far better then I do male clothing. I have no real desire to be a woman, although I don't mind being treated as one at times. But under my feminine finery I am still a man, and that is the way I like it. I have been asked many times why I dress, and I always answer exactly as I did in the first sentance of this paragraph. Nobody has ever has had a problem understanding that answer.

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There have been many threads with the same question and all have reached the same conclusion, nobody knows. If you have a need to explain why you dress give an honest answer, "I honestly do not know why, it is just the way I am wired."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I know what your saying I really cant explain it either.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

No insight here. The only idea I have is to ask the other person why 'they' think you do it? You probably won't get the correct answer, but maybe an opportunity to correct a misconception they might have about you.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Its what I have discovered about the whole package deal when it comes to ME. I like all the aspects of who I am, and make no bones with anyone close to me about how I feel. All we can do is put out the best positive image for others and make it count.

I do it for several reasons and for reasons I cannot truly put down on paper.

In a nutshell, I love being.

Zara
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Think of this - can you explain why you enjoy anything that not everyone does? Like types of music or foods or television shows?

That is easy to explain, I LIKE music cuz it makes me feel good and I love to sing along. The food tastes good. And the televison takes me into a world I could not go in my life. Good points I think I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanMarie View Post
    Can't explain it well enough for most people to understand. Sometimes, when someone will listen, I ask this question of the other person...

Are you left handed or right handed?

They answer.

Then I ask...Why?

They don't know why, they just know they are.

Usually the discussion ends there.

I like that one sound good and they can't tell you why, I will use that Thanks HUN

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    I thinkwe have female brains and think like a girl... I truely believe that
    I am not sure I beleve that. Why, well I think we all male female of all types Have a female and male side in our brains and we CDers for years did not let our the FEM side out. We crushed it into a small ball in our heads. Lets say most men have 80% male ,20 % female. WE may have 60% male or In my case I may have 40% male 60 % female that Is now trying to get out. But that still does not really explain why we have the need to. Or why we get a rush when someone calls un she , her mam lady mis e.t.c. But thanks It very well could be true. I never have a closed mind about anything. I like the thought of a Fem brain. Neeto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    No insight here. The only idea I have is to ask the other person why 'they' think you do it? You probably won't get the correct answer, but maybe an opportunity to correct a misconception they might have about you.
    Very good one I will have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zarabeth View Post
    Its what I have discovered about the whole package deal when it comes to ME. I like all the aspects of who I am, and make no bones with anyone close to me about how I feel. All we can do is put out the best positive image for others and make it count.

I do it for several reasons and for reasons I cannot truly put down on paper.

In a nutshell, I love being.

Zara
    Yes that sumes it up and I think that way. I just wish I could give my mom the explaintion she need to be ok with it.

I would love it if she would come on the site meet you girls and then maybe she might gain some insight on the whole CDing thing we do. Thanks for all your insights keep them coming PLZ HUGGS to all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Interesting, yet insolvable question

I pretty much feel the same as sissystephanie does: I feel like a man, but love to dress as a woman. That brought up a lot of questions to myself, like: Does this mean I'm gay? No, I'm sure I'm not! To me the idea of having sex with another male is just inacceptable! On the other hand, I'm sometimes thinking of what it might be like with a *******...

Or: Would I like to continue living my life as a woman, meaning having breast implants and other surgeries? I'm honestly not sure, and I REALLY regret that there's absolutely NO WAY in JUST TRYIN' that part. Anyway, what I'm saying is that even while we are CDs all-together, we're still different in our behaviours, longings, feelings, needs,...

So if you ever find an answer to that question, it'll definitely be YOUR answer. Elsewise (and that's more likely to happen) I found SusanMarie's answer quite good, and I also think that it's good to find out what the questioner is REALLY up to know, and then find the answer TO THAT.

Most of the times these questions really might just come out of some fears and concerns, but most definitely they come out of ignorance and insecurity. I'd suggest that you find YOUR way of explaining your feelings (NOT: answering the question "why?", since there's no answer to this question), hoping that your loved ones will be fine with it, and thus be fine with YOU in ANY aspect!

All the best,

W.

If I ever got asked its real simple for me, I was born this way.

I used to just say 'It just is.'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

When I am fully enfemme, I feel "at home".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Lets say most men have 80% male ,20 % female. WE may have 60% male or In my case I may have 40% male 60 % female that Is now trying to get out. But that still does not really explain why we have the need to. Or why we get a rush when someone calls un she , her mam lady mis e.t.c. But thanks It very well could be true.
    Christina, I think you're on the right path

While I don't have the answers, I feel pretty confident in why I personally crossdress. Think of it like the political spectrum. We all lean left or right to some degree, with many historical crazies at the extremes. It's the same way with sexuality - everybody has homo and heterosexual tendencies, with a few homo and heterophobics sprinkled in. I feel as if we all have separate but coexisting spectrums of political, sexual, and gender-identity slants (among countless others) that make up each facet of our personality.

Another important factor is that I am the sum of my parts. One small piece of the larger whole of me that is a crossdresser - why it's more important to have femme fingernails than toenails - can be answered by taking the sum of smaller pieces of me. My fingernails are prettier, they're easier to work on, they're healthier, etc... Each one of these pieces can be broken down in yet further ways, such as why these things are important to me and how much weight in my personality does each carry? My personality can be broken down to so many levels that the "answers" to a single question quickly become exponential in number, rendering it meaningless to try and find one single, satisfying response that explains my behavior

I find it more useful and satisfying to see that I am the sum of my parts. Rather than trying to explain why I do one thing or another, I realize that we all have a unique experience in life and that all attempts to explain ourselves to others, regardless of topic, are at some level comparing apples to oranges. We crave experience, whether our own or in others' stories, which is the flavor of life. While we can sympathize and relate to each others' experiences and strive to understand them, we all have our own slants and imprint memories in our brains differently, and must realize that vicarious experience is only partially fulfilling compared to the real thing.

It may not be a satisfying answer to those who question you, but you don't crossdress for them. Sorry if that was overly-philosophical, but I'm going through such a phase in my life at the moment
    Last edited by Alayna; 11-04-2008 at 06:29 AM.