Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you actually want to go out?

Hon, if you are comfortable with what you do and don't feel the need to go out, don't sweat it. Even though I love to go out, like you, I very much enjoy dressing up at home. It's good to be able to relax and not really worry about how I look, just enjoy the feeling of the clothes. I have some things that I really wouldn't want to go out in, don't look good on me, but never the less love to wear.

For me, I have no interest in going out fully dressed. Since I really don't think of myself as passable, I am content to dress at home, and enjoy the feeling of wearing pretty clothes there.

Not to say that as time goes on I won't go out with elements of female attire on (such as panties or painted toenails), but I am perfectly happy to look at myself in the mirror while wearing a favorite skirt or something else that makes me feel good.

Janet

Going out for me is a big challenge !
    Suzanne

I have very little desire to go out, but it's not non-existent, either. I went out this past June to a local group meeting, and it was truly wonderful to have the total acceptance, even admiration, of the folks in attendance there. I was greeted warmly, told I was pretty, and I felt totally comfortable and at ease with them. Afterwards, we all went out to a restaurant and ate, where again, I felt completely at ease.

This is with a bunch of like-minded people, though. Were I to venture out on my own, I doubt I'd fool anyone for more than a few seconds. I like wearing skirts and dresses, pantyhose, and high heels, and this makes me stand out to begin with. So I'll turn heads, and it might not be long before they realized that they were not dealing with an actual woman. I did not have this problem with the transgender folks. And while at the restaurant, I was at least with a small crowd of others. There is safety in numbers.

I would like to go out again. I'm thinking of making my next outing fully dressed to a local wig shop where I purchased the one you always see me wearing several years back. They were really great to me, and they deserve my return business. But I'm not fully decided yet. Most times, I am perfectly content to stay home where I am in familiar surroundings and quite safe. I have the total acceptance of my dogs, and I really need little else that the outside world has to offer.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Going out dressed femme seems to be THE common desire, but reality kicks in, and then, depending on where you live in this world, you might get to do it safely, and with friends. I like doing it here, with all you fine people, at home.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Absolutely,and the longer I put it off the stronger the desire becomes.I took time to evaluate my reasons for wanting out and found it was more me wanting to satisfy my curiosity,meet others,meet the challenge and enjoy the thrill of it.It would be wonderful to slightly pass but even better to be accepted for just who I am.

I feel I need to look at it this way,my aim is not to satisfy anyone else but see it as a progressive step toward being a little more relaxed with me.My heart goes into thump mode when I visualize it.

I have gone out with another girl from here, and I was thrilled that people were friendly and chatty. There was no doubt they all knew I was CDing, it was that kind of place, but what a nice community. I felt pretty and alive.

Deja, I already know that there are a few million men out there just like myself who will accept me en femme. But that's not a surprise, really. I also know that there are a lot of men out there that are interested in having sex with us. No surprise there either. But none of that matters, it's all common knowledge to us. What a lot of us want is to know where to find WOMEN that are like that too. Now THAT will be a convention I will go to. I can see it now; WELCOME TO LAS VEGAS, THIS YEARS HOME TO THE 'WOMEN WHO LOVE GIRLY GUYS' CONVENTION. GUESS WHAT, EVERY NIGHT IS LADIES NIGHT'. Hey, I'll crawl the 2500 miles through barbed wire to get to that one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Definitely, go out -- been out a couple of times with other CD'ers but only to club type functions. Just the same, it was a lot of fun. Now, need to take it to the next level.

Gaby
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

'Passing' surely isn't an essential part of going out - but being treated in a feminine way is maybe what most of us who do go out are looking for?

Safety, for most though is very important (there are a few who may be looking for a risk ), but finding safe places to start, is perfectly possible - as Deja said?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I love going out (I don't mean to CD friendly pubs or clubs) with my sister and her GGfriend, usually shopping and lunch. Three smartly dressed women enjoying a day out, heaven! I wish we could do it every weekend but unfortunately it's usually only once a month.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Good post DJ!

It makes us face our fears head on! Or me, at least!

I would equate going out dressed, as being the same as going to a nude beach! THAT, I know about! When we visited the famous French nude beach, St. Tropez, back in the day, I couldn't wait to see all the naked breasts! What I DIDN'T realize, was how uncomfortable I would feel there, wearing a bathing suit! Once we took ours off, I felt fine! The boobs were fine! But, after awhile, naked seemed normal!

THAT is probably how I would feel if I went out among the general public dressed! Very uncomfortable, or worse!

However, going to misc. gender friendly club(s), with other CDs, ( you're one I think would be good company, Debra Jane), seems like it would be a hoot! Or maybe a CD/TG convention. Deja and others make THAT sound like fun!

For the present, my closet is just fine!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Go Out

After the first time which about gave me a heart attack I found I truly love it. Now I can't stay in

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    Yes. Too scared of the consequences to do so anywhere near here.

Sarah...
    I go out In the day time and to the mall. Tell me girls Do you think I pass. The thing about me is I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK. well I do but not for if they think Hay there's a guy IN A DRESS.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    I dress everyday/everynight, but I do sometimes get a bit agitated, or should I say reclusive. I'm content doing it at home, its just that theres another side saying "I want to go out", and in my opinion, I cant feel like a complete woman until i go out fully dressed with make up on.
    I'm going to a picnic in january outdoors, which will be my first step outside dressed, and I'm thinking of going to a gay nightclub on sunday nights nearby where cd's go too. I'm confident in doing it, and I feel I'm ready.
    Why stay home, if theres a oppurtunity to go out?
    You go girl ..........Out there and have funn
    Quote Originally Posted by debbeelee1 View Post
    I've been out about 8 times and mostly, they've been great experiences. I've only been out to GLBT bars though. I'm not passable and not ready for the mall on Saturday afternoon!
    That the only place's I have been tha mall I mean , Going to the bar's scares me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    I do NOT have the urge to go out. I am perfectly happy inside.

No reflection on anyone else intended here, but in my personal opinion, and as far as I personally feel, I consider going out dressed as both dangerous and stupid.----and I think that alone sorta kills the urge in me.

I think there is a distinction between being a "private" CDer and a "closeted" CDer. A private CDer fells no urge or need to go out and a closeted CDer "wants" to go out, but fear keeps him/her inside. I consider myself a private CDer. The psychology of the thing may be different with different people.

Well good for you . you got more will power that I. If you read the other girls threads you will find that most of the girls have not had anything realy bad happen, For the most part it's safe. People treat you as you prseant your self. If you look like you don.t belong there then they will treat you like a MAN in a DRESS. If you walk the like halls like you own them they like wize will treat you like you belong. my worth

Quote Originally Posted by Billie_P View Post
    Do you actually want to go out? Yes, I do.

I've been slowly working up to it.

I finally have a wig after trying on about a dozen of them or so on at the wig shop. So this weekend will probably have me going out fully dressed.
    Hint go to a place and get a makeup lesson for a pro. I did and I learend so much . M.A.C. does it but you find a place that has privet rooms to do it BRING her to the place get the makeup done the get dressed and go out you'll love it .

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Absolutely,and the longer I put it off the stronger the desire becomes.I took time to evaluate my reasons for wanting out and found it was more me wanting to satisfy my curiosity,meet others,meet the challenge and enjoy the thrill of it.It would be wonderful to slightly pass but even better to be accepted for just who I am.

I feel I need to look at it this way,my aim is not to satisfy anyone else but see it as a progressive step toward being a little more relaxed with me.My heart goes into thump mode when I visualize it.
    Your heart will go Bang Bang BANG BANG when you are out , oh man what fun. girls for the ones In the jail cell. oh sorry the "closet" I feel for you , but if your happey then stay there . I you go out you will be hooked . Lets all the other girls have the fun. I am just teasing you girls. If the home thing is your bag more power to you. And if I made you mad , ask your self WHY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Professional Socialite
    I HAVE to go out :> I hate spending 20-30 mins doing my make up and not having anywhere to go, alot of times i will just goto walmart or the gas station and get some items just to get out of the house. Unless I have money to go to a club but paydays are far apart :<
    To Thine Own Self Be True - Hamlet and Reba :>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janet73 View Post
    Since I really don't think of myself as passable, I am content to dress at home, and enjoy the feeling of wearing pretty clothes there.
    Janet, truth is most of us are not truely passable. Confidence is the key. I know I cannot pass so I just try to be the prettiest crossdresser I can.

just remember...what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

Going out is not really a priority for me. At some point I would like to see if I can pass, but I see it as a challenge ... something to try when I think I am ready for it. I could easily see myself losing interest afterwards, if I did go out and pass once.

I have thought of going to a local CD meeting sometime, as a different kind of thing. Somehow though, the local group just does not appeal.

All dressed up and nowhere to go...

That's the thing that drives me! Do I always pass? No. Am I treated with respect, you bet!

Here's one other thing I think about: The world is a better place with Tracy in it! I know that for a fact, and I don't want to deprive the world of it!

Go out, be yourself and enjoy!

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Deb, Since I emerged from the closet, I love going out. I have gone out numerous times with friends both in broad daylight and at night. I have also walked down to my mailbox en femme and have spent numerous days working in my garage en femme. Going out is the best part of dressing.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For me going out is an important part of my persona. i think it also ties into the fact that at my core I am a very competitive guy and equate my ability to pass as the scale to measure my success by. I am driven to perfect the walk, talk and look and then go outside and enjoy the fruits of my labors.

Do you mean that some of you actually want to stay in? OK, that's your choice, you can be like some exotic orchid and spend your life indoors inside that hothouse environment.

But trust me, it sucks! I'm sure I could find one or two Gurls who didn't like going out, for whatever reason, but for about 99.9&#37; of us being out doing things is like a drug that we would never want to give up. It feels so exhilarating that a lot of "newly-outs" want to share their experience and encourage everyone else. That's why you get a lot of those types of messages.

I'm seeing a common thread among those people who want to stay inside their home: "I'm not passable, I need a lot of work, maybe tomorrow, maybe sometime soon." I'll give you a quote from "The Music Man, our hero professor Harold Hill is trying to get Marion The Librarian to go out with him. She exclaims: "Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week!" He looks her in the eye and says, "Oh Madam Librarian, you keep on putting things off until tomorrow, you just end up with a whole lot of yesterday's."

It's not about passing, find some gurlfriends, find a group, AND GO OUT! Please send me a PM and tell me how right I was, it helps to hear that sometimes.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 11-07-2008 at 04:32 AM.

Yes I want to a and do go out. That seems to me to be a super thrill even if it is somewhere, and it usually is, very mundane, the mall the movies. I wish I understood it but I have stopped trying and just have a good time if I get read and I am sure I do I just kind of ignore it. Most folks don't notice or don't care A smile will usually disarm them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    I started going out five months ago. Before this time I was too scared to do it but once I tried it I became hooked. I just love going out dressed now and do it quite often. I have found that having a high level of confidence is the key to passing and fitting in with everyone else. In two days I will be attending a cd support meeting and several of us will be going out after the meeting. I am looking forward to this very much.

[SIZE="2"]I guess I was quite brave, or rather naive but I went to the Diva Las Vegas event the first years I started dressing up. I don't see a need for me to be in public so it's usually CD friendly events that I attend. [/SIZE]
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivianchen05

To go out and mingle with the general public no, but eventually I'd like to get out dressed to a cd friendly club or something like that and preferably go with a few others, have some drinks, laughs and just enjoy being out with other cd's. Like my SO to go along also when she finally knows, she's a blast.