Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many CD lead actors In T.V. or movie can you name!!

How many CD lead actors In T.V. or movie can you name!!

I mean true Crossdressers . Ones that dress BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. Not beacuse of a job, or they were tricked into it or, cuz they were running away fro somethung or someone. I can only name one And she not a lead. In the Drew Carie show Drews brother. But of course he hooks up with Mimi so Maybe he's not a true Crossdresser lol . So how many True CDs in a big role can you name. they can't be gay tv tg just plain herdo CD whos love dresses. I think I know the what you all will say. Oh Daim Edna Is playing a full woman And is not playing A CD. SO I don't think she counts. but anything you think Please put it down. Just make sure you say if they fit the pramaters. This should be fun to see how many I missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I remember several episodes of All in the Family wherein the Bunkers needed extra cash and rented a room to a full time CDer. It made for some pretty funny interaction between her and Archie. This was not a lead role, however.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Ivy
    The character Sam Malloy, played by Aiden Mitchell on The Riches. He is one of the main characters and it is the best and most real representation of crossdressing on U.S. television. It is not a gimmick of the show, it just happens to be a character trait and it is shown as such. Aside from times when his crossdressing might bring unwanted attention to the family, they let him be who he is. One of the best shows on TV and Minnie Driver is OUTSTANDING. From Wikipedia (the show's site is lacking a bit right now):

Sam is the youngest Malloy child and frequently dresses in girls' clothing. The idea for Sam's cross-dressing came about before Izzard, a cross-dressing heterosexual comedian, joined the show.[7] The first night they spend in the Rich home, Sam draws a large mural on a wall in the house depicting their recent adventures, including the car accident and Dahlia's release from prison. In addition to his artistic endeavors, he also speaks French. Like the rest of his family, Sam appears to be very clever and adept at trickery. In episode 3, Sam is the key player in an elaborate con of Dahlia's to get the Malloy children into Rosemere Academy. During the season 1 finale, Sam expresses reluctance and even denial in leaving Eden Falls.

Why not Drew Carey's brother? Mimi wears an awful lot of makeup, sounds like me a few years ago...
    Last edited by valenstein; 11-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Dorothy Michaels, aka Michael Dorsey - Dustin Hoffman's character in "Tootsie"

Lola, the drag queen in the movie "Kinky Boots" (played by Chiwetel Ejiofor, aka The Operative in "Serenity")

Glen/Glenda, the title character(s) in Edward D. Wood Jr's. "Glen or Glenda" (yes, I know it's not the most competently made film of all time, but it got the issue out into the public).

Ludovic Fabre, the young cd'er in "Ma Vie in Rose"

Parinya Charoenphol, whose life, career, and transition as a MtF transsexual was documented in "Beautiful Boxer".
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynTX View Post
    Dorothy Michaels, aka Michael Dorsey - Dustin Hoffman's character in "Tootsie"

Lola, the drag queen in the movie "Kinky Boots" (played by Chiwetel Ejiofor, aka The Operative in "Serenity")

Glen/Glenda, the title character(s) in Edward D. Wood Jr's. "Glen or Glenda" (yes, I know it's not the most competently made film of all time, but it got the issue out into the public).

Ludovic Fabre, the young cd'er in "Ma Vie in Rose"

Parinya Charoenphol, whose life, career, and transition as a MtF transsexual was documented in "Beautiful Boxer".
    Tootsie Does not work. He did for the work. I have not seen the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Tootsie Does not work. He did for the work. I have not seen the others.
    you ought to watch Kinky Boots it is the best movie about crossdressing that I have seen---Another one is Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar---I love Patrick Swayzie's character.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Breakfast on Pluto a book later made into a film.

Novel Plot summary

Set in 1960s to 1970s, the novel tells of the transwoman Patrick "Pussy" Braden's escape from the fictional Irish town of Tyreelin and a drunk foster mother, to find herself and the biological mother who gave her away. Bad luck surrounds her until she finds temporary contentment with a married politician who acts as a sugar daddy. The latter is killed by either the IRA or the Ulster Defence Volunteers, leaving Braden alone once again. She moves to London, becomes a prostitute in Piccadilly Circus, and later is arrested on suspicion of an IRA bombing, only to be released a few days later. She later embarks on a search to find her mother and is not successful.

Film adaptation

Director Neil Jordan's 2005 film adaptation of the same name starred Cillian Murphy in the central role. In the film, the main character is called "Kitten", not "Pussy", and there are other significant differences between the two versions of the characters, a central one being that the hypersexual Pussy is depicted explicitly as having sex with many male and female characters throughout the novel, while on screen Kitten is not shown even kissing another character on the lips.

Pussy's politician lover in the novel becomes a glam rock musician played by Gavin Friday with whom Kitten may or may not have had a sexual relationship, and Pussy's lover Bertie Wooster becomes magician Bertie Vaughan (Stephen Rea), with whom Kitten has an unrequited flirtation. Liam Neeson plays the priest that Braden believes is her biological father, a character renamed Father Liam, although a number of reviews erroneously call him Father Bernard, as in the book.

Cillian Murphy won an IFTA Award (2007) for Best Actor and was nominated for Golden Globe (2006) as Best Actor in Musical or Comedy for his performance. Patrick McCabe and Neil Jordan won the IFTA for Best Script, and Jordan also won Best Director

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Banned Read only
    The late Peter Cook was in many films/tv series and I can remember him claiming on more than one occasion on chat shows that he was a CDr. But since he had an uncanny ability to instantly appear to talk knowlegeably about almost any subject whilst keeping a perfectly straight face I was never sure.

There was I movie I watch once that I have to apologize for because I can't remember the name or even who stared in it. But it was about a crossdresser who brought out his "suitcase" because his wife was gone. He then gets a call from her saying she was back early He tries to beat her home but doesn't. She finds the clothes and throws him out. The rest of the movie deals with him moving to a rooming house loosing his job and meeting an understanding women. They them proceed to set up his old company using crossdressing as a ploy to get in. Thats as best as I can remember it. Sorry I don't have more info on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

The Three Stooges, several times, in their little episodes, Stan Laurel, as a lady houskeeper, in one of their episodes. Jethro, as Jethrine, his sister, in The Beverly Hillbillies. All were great!

I don't think you all undrestand What I am asking for. To wong foo was a great flim I just love it ,but they are drag Queens , I mean that The lead or supporting cast are CDing for them selfs only not for other reasons. And I don't mean the real peson them self. OK I hope I said that better, When you can't spell very well somtimes I have to find other words to use,I does not work all the time. Thanks for all the Moive Ideas.

http://www.calpernia.com/index.htm
    Maybe it doesn't count because she's post-op now.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha59 View Post
    There was I movie I watch once that I have to apologize for because I can't remember the name or even who stared in it. But it was about a crossdresser who brought out his "suitcase" because his wife was gone. He then gets a call from her saying she was back early He tries to beat her home but doesn't. She finds the clothes and throws him out. The rest of the movie deals with him moving to a rooming house loosing his job and meeting an understanding women. They them proceed to set up his old company using crossdressing as a ploy to get in. Thats as best as I can remember it. Sorry I don't have more info on it.
    Sounds like the plot to "Just Like A Woman" referred to in Katie B's post above.

Just Like a Woman

Hi Trisha,

The movie your refering to is, Just Like a Woman. See Katie B's post in this thread. Good movie it's available on DVD from Amazon.com

Huggs, Renee

Soldier's Girl is a 2003 dramatic film produced by Showtime. It is based on a true story: the relationship between Barry Winchell and Calpernia Addams and the events that led up to Barry's murder by fellow soldiers. It was written by Ron Nyswaner and directed by Frank R. Pierson, with Troy Garity starring as Barry and Lee Pace starring as Calpernia.

Jim Baily in Switch

Years ago, when many of you were wearing three cornered pants. Jim Baily did a co-starring role in the TV series Switch. Which starred Eddie Albert.
    Baily played a countess,in a two part episode.

Then there was Christopher Morley, of Freebie and the Bean fame. Who did guest appearances on Hawaii 50, Vegas and a couple of other TV shows.
    You can find video clips on Youtube.

Huggs, Renee

I recall that there were several episodes of Miami Vice in which one of the supporting cast CD'd. Martin Ferrero played Isidore "Izzy" Moreno. A petty criminal and fast talker, Izzy is always known for getting into quick money schemes and giving Crockett and Tubbs the latest information from the street. In one particular episode he executed a major crime kingpin while en femme.

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar

Trisha, The movie was, as others have mentioned "Just Like a Woman".

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    The best one I know is Just Like a Woman with the marvellous Julie Walters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Like_a_Woman_(film), where Alan Pasdar plays the real-life Gerald/Geraldine.
    Katie, It was Adrian Pasdar, not Alan. He is also currently in the American TV series "Heroes", now showing on the UKs BBC2.

Thanks all for the title of that film. It just goes to show that if you do not know the title you it can be right infront of your eyes and you can't see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Trisha, sounds like you are talking about "Just Like a Woman"

Eileen

Aspiring Member
    On the now defunct soap opera "Santa Barbara", there was a male character named "Bunny" who became friends with one of the female leads "Gina". Part of the story line for a while was that Bunny liked to dress up in Gina's clothes and with her assistance they had some great times together. I read about this story line in a newspaper review, so I taped the program for a while and watched the Bunny/Gina segments, but they never got back around to the crossdressing storyline while I was watching. This was over twenty years ago.

On the British sitcom "Keeping up Appearances", Hyacinth's sister Violet's husband is always wearing his wife's clothes, but we never see him. Most of the time, we just hear Hyacinth's reactions to Violet telling her about it over the telephone.

Crossdressers, who are not drag queens or transexuals or men dressing up as women to accomplish some specific purpose (i.e. Mrs Doubtfire, Tootsie, etc.) are few and far between in the movies and on television. I guess the screenwriters don't understand us enough to be able to write a story about us without the "gimmicks". In fact, Drew Carey's brother Steve is the only one I can think of where we saw him in both male and female mode almost every episode over several seasons, and he was accepted by all the other characters who rarely commented on his appearance, that is except for Mimi who he married, and who made him give up the crossdressing. There was a lot of insight into crossdressing on that show, intermingled with all the laughs about matters totally unrelated to crossdressing.

Veronica

a silly one I know but Rupaul who loved to crossdress and it made him/her famous had a talk show for awhile.
    I love my husband even when he is being my girlfriend!

Eddie Izzard made a war movie about a group of men who went behind enemy lines during World War 2 to steal a nazi code breaking machine.
    It was called All the Queens men and also starred Matt Le Blanc from Friends

There are alot of movies that involve crossdressing. However there was a television show called "Soap" in which Billy Crystal played a crossdresser, a true crossdresser. The plot eventually involved him seeking SRS. It was a comedy but some of the plots involving him and his SRS were taken seriously and I think nicely done for the time.

In the movie "Angel" one of the lead character's street friends is a crossdresser named Mae (his real name was Melvin).

In "The Damned" Helmut Berger plays, to quote John Cleese in Monty Python's Fraud Film Director's Sketch, "a stinking transvestite what should have his face sawn off."
    Last edited by KathrynTX; 11-10-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?