Thread: Therapists

Red face Therapists

[SIZE="3"]Hi everyone,
    Does anyone know of any therapists in the Bucks County area of Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia? I need to find a therapist who will accept Magellan Insurance which I have through Keystone Health Plan East?

Thanks,

Robyn
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Mistake at birth, should have been born a woman[/SIZE]

Hi Robyn,
    This is how I found one in my area, that is covered by my insurance. First off, I found a list of counselors on www.karenserenity.com
    She has a list of all the states and counselors in each state that deal with transgenders.
    Then, I went to the internet site for my insurance and looked up a list of authorized providers. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, So I'm not sure your insurance company will have aprovider network list on-line or easily available. But, they probably do.
    After having both lists, I simply cross checked.
    It worked for me pretty easily.
    Good luck to you.

I do have a question for you and anyone else here that would like to answer.

When you went to your counselor, did you already know what you wanted and just needed to get 'officially' into the system, so to speak, so you could work on getting the hormones you want and work toward getting SRS and all that. Was the stop at a transgender counselor your step in the direction? Or, did you sincerely have transgender issues and questions to which you wanted (and needed) help to find the honest answers for yourself and did not necessarily have getting on hormones and an SRS as 'the' objective for going to a counselor but hormones and SRS were only a possible outcome.

Thanks and good luck to you.
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

I lived in Central Bucks County when I started seeing my therapist, but she is located in Wayne, PA, about a 45 minute drive on a good day. If you are interested, write me and I will provide you with her name. She is really a doll and did me loads of good.

Unhappy Therapist

[SIZE="3"]Hi everyone, I am still searching for a therapist in Bucks County, PA. I have Magellan Insurance, through Keystone Health Plan East. It seems like nobody wants to accept it
    Magellan emailed me a list of 30 some therapists How long should I wait to hear back from one when I call them for an appointment? I leave a message on their voice mail and wait? Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Robyn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Mistake at birth, should have been born a woman[/SIZE]

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    you should hear back the same day(if before closeing) or the next anylonger I look at another place.

Mariah
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

In the explicate reality, unless if I am on CD.com, then I'm here...sorta

therapist

Hi Hon, you may want to call the insurance company and ask for a hand in finding someone and also ask if the insurance company will pay the normal in-plan benefit if there is nobody in your area that has openings or takes your insurance. Some companies will do this, depends. Doesn't hurt to ask. Also, some providers will actually do the paperwork to accept your insurance for you. You may be able to get the insurance company to cover one visit (get it in writing first) up front to see if you like the provider, then ask the provider to sign up. You can arrange this on both ends with the insurance company and then the therapist you want to try in advance. Hope this helps.
    Pearls

Robyn

Many girls go wherever it takes to get the right therapist. Also, you need to make sure you are comfortable with the diagnosis being on a piece of paper..

my therapist take blue cross and write general anxiety disorder as my "diagnosis"..once i got to the point where i decided to transition..i didnt care anymore but while my fate was theoretically in play i didnt want anybody knowing ,,,

i live in burlington cty nj and see a therapist in malvern PA!!
    i dont know what insurance she takes outside of Blue Cross..i have had blue cross so long i don't anything about other plans or why a doctor would take one plan over another..

also, i bet only a small % of tg women in philly/bucks area post on this forum so you are best off hitting the phones until you find a good one...one risk here is also that sometimes the best therapists are in demand and don't mess with insurance...

I wish I looked Like This markie v's Avatar
    Good luck. I have to drive an hour one way in good weather to the closest Therapst that my Insurance takes.
    Markie V

Finally went to therapy!

Read the link below.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=95976