Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is over for now

I wish I looked Like This markie v's Avatar

It is over for now

Well the Wife figured out what I was going to Therapy for, well she asked and I told her.

Well to make a long story short..... I canceled all my Therapy.

I decided for the time being I rather live with my Children and Wife cause I can not afford to be on the street and loose everything I own at this time. I will slowly start to liquidate my belongings so when the time comes I will be prepared.

I told her I would not persue changing my Gender. However there will be a time when either the kids are old enough or something else happens where I can persue who I really am.

Anyway I am sticking around cause this is a very helpful forum.

I have made some friends here and I want to meet some of you someday.

You cant get rid of the feelings for who you really are, however you can choose to not show them and keep them to yourself and enjoy them when you are alone.
    Markie V

Finally went to therapy!

Read the link below.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=95976

well i do understand and i wish you all the very best. and i hope all works out for you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Markie, I understand your position very well (was there this past summer) and wish you the very best.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Markie

Take care during this difficult time.

I hope and pray that everyting works out for you.

I to am alone and wish it were otherwise.

Look after yourself and remember that we girls are here if you need us

x

Coda...
    Try and take care of yourself in other ways...if you need to use sublimination...the most important thing is that you are happy in whatever form it takes...

Thanks for all the kind words and support.
    Markie V

Finally went to therapy!

Read the link below.

Best wishes to you Markie. We'll still be around and it's great to hear you'll hang around with us
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

Markie, I know personally what a difficult decision you faced. I too chose wife and family over the true me 43 years ago. My journey has been a blend of the highest highs and pure hell. We have to do what we feel is right and I know you chose carefully. I wish you well in all regards and will pray that your journey is not too difficult but filled with countless other joys.
    Hugs, Andi

Markie,
    I wish you well. I know I've tried to respond to your posts several times in the past. You and I have some substantial similarities. However, everytime I try to respond, before I know it my post has digressed and has become chaotic, unorganized and hard to follow. So, I just hit cancel.
    Anyway, sorry about your situation with the wife. I have a wife and 2 small kids. For me, the kids have the most impact upon this. My wife and I also can't afford to seperate at this point in time. We get along well and function, for the family, well. However, the 'spark' has been gone for awhile and she doesn't seem to want to light that spark bak. I've given up on relighting the spark, since I can't .... aarrrrrgghh.
    See, that's how get off on a tangent, I'm doing it again.
    Anyway, I wish you well and hope to continue to see you on this forum.
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

i'm so sorry to hear that, honey. i wish you the best of luck, and we will be here for you whenever you need us. hope everything turns out for the best.

Reframe the choices?

Markie,

Forgive me, but I haven't been part of any past interactions with you on this topic, but -- I wonder if you should think outside the box.

You're looking at a choice (a) between wife, children, current life on the one hand, and (b) therapist, potential gender change on the other. Due to a conflict, you are jettisoning (b) for (a).

But, perhaps you've framed the choice wrong. Could you move the therapist to door (a) for a while, and keep seeing him/her? Defocus the conversation with the therapist away from pure gender change (which wife sees as "bad") to management and understanding of your gender issues (which she should support).

And if you've already committed in your head to a gender change, living female 24x7, SRS and all that, it seems to me that you (bleep)ing need the therapist! Won't it be frustrating and lonely doing without? Can you really live with this totally in the background until the kids are off to college?

I just went through a divorce (oddly enough, not triggered by her "finding out", although she doesn't know), and I'm not out on the street with nothing. You may have a faulty assumption there. If you live in a community property state, you'll end up with about half of everything you own, and joint custody of the kids. Just because you are TS/TG doesn't automatically mean the court is going to treat you like an axe murderer.

It breaks my heart to think of you not only giving up what you want for your own future, but also cutting yourself off from the support you need in order to get through it.

Hugs,
    Susie
    Last edited by susiej; 12-11-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Markie, As long as your married your family has to be part of your transition. I can understand your wifes reaction upon finding out that you had begun to transition into being a female. She did not marry a woman and being married to a woman is not what she wants.
    Transitioning is often a start and stop process, not a straight line. If becoming a woman is truly whats best it will happen, you just have to give it time.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Banned Read only
    Golly markie! I'm with susuiej on this one!

From first readng your post, it strikes me that therapy (of some sort) is exactly what you need right now... and as a couple! To help her better understand your need as well as to keep that communication line open.

Pushing this thing that absorbs you into the back of your mind for another decade or more is not gonna make you any easier to live with and not gonna make her any more comfortable...prolly just the opposite!

Oh, baby..rethink your decision...with your wifes input. Please?

(...put worried smilie thing here...)

dear Markie,
    i'm with Deja and SusieJ too. there are always possibilities.
    i cannot give up my family nor my genetic birth appearance. so i cling all the more to loving, sisterly an other arms. please talk it through, not for transitioning per se but for being comfortable in your own skin. and in your family.
    we are here for you.
    all my best,
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

Take care.
    Love in the world, please

I looked like this mostly
    Dear Markie, I understand that neither I nor anyone else here can truly understand everything you are going through, but I am glad to know that you will stick around here.

While being true to yourself and true to how you feel are important, you family is important too. I think that gender is only one part of our identity and we have a life to live around our identity. Just because you won't continue along the path to transition, at least not for now, it does not change who you are. Your wife loves you for who you are, but she probably does not understand that you gender identity is also part of what makes you you. It may be good to have a very honest and hear-to-heart conversations, prefixed with "I hope we can share our feelings and I am not trying to justify what I was trying to do" to understand the core reason behind her objections and let her get an idea of your inner feeling too. This will help in both of you adjusting with one another and finding a solution that works for both of you (of course, with some sacrifices on both sides).

I am not preaching, and I hope I do not sound like it. Actually, last evening, while surfing channels on my TV, I found a show in which a married couple was about to split up, because the wife enjoys dressing up and visiting gay bars and hanging out with drag queens. It was an innocent hobby which helps her express her femininity. The husband was very annoyed. He believes that gay people are untrustworthy and unreliable and he does not want his family to have any close contact with drag queens or gay people. It affects his ego that his wife hangs out with such men. The wife had past divorces and she had lived a life of lots of hardship. She has no way to express her feminine side, except for going out in drag. She has gone out 7 times in about 10 months, and once after 3 months of marriage. The husband wants to divorce because of this. Anyway, in the end, the husband was asked to understand that his wife had been through a lot in life and that she had finally brought herself to trust a man when she met him, but she needs to be herself at least once in a while and as long as it is innocent, he should be more willing to give up his fears and also give up his homophobia. He just did not understand her perspective, while she supported all of his hobbies and participated in them too. The only way they reached this conclusion is after they were both asked to write independent letters explaining in very great detail their viewpoint about why they were right.

My point is that perhaps communicating even more with your wife about the topic and understanding how she feels and why she feels that way might help both of you move ahead. Only you know what will really work best for your situation.

Hope to read your messages. I had read several of your previous postings and I like your logical thinking about topics.

I'm at those crossroads myself.

She found out about my "other self" - but she insisted that I go to therapy. I'm just at the beginning stages, but we both feel that this could at least let me know how others in the same situation are dealing with it, as well as giving me a good foundation to possibly pursue it further - while at the same time help minimize the collateral damage it might cause.

I'll have to see how it goes - and let you know.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I totally admire you for putting your family first, especially your kids. Children deserve the best upbringing they can get.

Love you, love your choices, sis

Hugs, Marci and Julie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

The Wife and I dont have much to begin with. I have no savings and everything else we have is debt. I truly would be out on the street.

My Wife said she is not a Lesbian and will not become one, I can understand her point.

I will wait till the kids are older and out of School or maybe I will win the Lottery.

I can still be a Girl inside and not show it on the outside.

Take care everyone and thanks for the support!

Happy Holidays!
    Markie V

Finally went to therapy!

Read the link below.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susiej View Post
    Markie,

Forgive me, but I haven't been part of any past interactions with you on this topic, but -- I wonder if you should think outside the box.

You're looking at a choice (a) between wife, children, current life on the one hand, and (b) therapist, potential gender change on the other. Due to a conflict, you are jettisoning (b) for (a).

But, perhaps you've framed the choice wrong. Could you move the therapist to door (a) for a while, and keep seeing him/her? Defocus the conversation with the therapist away from pure gender change (which wife sees as "bad") to management and understanding of your gender issues (which she should support).

And if you've already committed in your head to a gender change, living female 24x7, SRS and all that, it seems to me that you (bleep)ing need the therapist! Won't it be frustrating and lonely doing without? Can you really live with this totally in the background until the kids are off to college?

Hugs,
    Susie

[SIZE="3"]I agree with Susie you wouldn't try to lose weight by stop eating would you just not healthy[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Oh Markie, I am truly sorry. I hope someday we can meet, one WI. gal to another. Hang in there and stay close to us.

Quote Originally Posted by susiej View Post
    Markie,

I just went through a divorce (oddly enough, not triggered by her "finding out", although she doesn't know), and I'm not out on the street with nothing. You may have a faulty assumption there. If you live in a community property state, you'll end up with about half of everything you own, and joint custody of the kids. Just because you are TS/TG doesn't automatically mean the court is going to treat you like an axe murderer.

It breaks my heart to think of you not only giving up what you want for your own future, but also cutting yourself off from the support you need in order to get through it.

Hugs,
    Susie
    i can't tell you what to do but i was in your shoes and the problem is i too stayed until it hurt so very bad that i almost ended it all... please look after yourself you can still love your children and give your wife another chance of happiness ... we all know were this will end up. don't you think you both deserve to be happy for what time you both have left... it's never easy but we have one life to live not two .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Markie,

I'm sorry to hear about your turn of events. I think I can understand the internal conflict that self, family, and SO present. In the end, I think we need to be true to ourselves. Ideally, all our loved ones should be able to embrace who we are and allow us room to grow. But the reality is that some people find change hard to take.

My best wishes to you and I hope you find your path. I agree with you: I think you can be a girl inside without any visible indications. It's more than just clothes and makeup.

Regards,
    Stephani

I would recommend going to therapy still...

Markie,

It really is sad that you must forego your own happiness for your children's. But I completely admire you for it and you should definitely be applauded for your efforts. I neither have a wife nor children, so I am in no place to empathize with your situation. Only you know what's best for you. We here can only give you advice from an outsider's point of you, but when you go home and look at your children in the eyes, we stand on the side lines.

Having said that, you are obviously doing this because you think it is in your children's best interest. However, I think children are the least judgmental individuals. All they need, is a parent whom they can depend upon and who will love them no matter what. And I think by depriving yourself from who you really are, you also are depriving your children of who their true parent is. Also, one think to thing about is that your children may not be as accepting of you when they are already grown up as they may be now.

But I think you also mentioned that it was also a financial decision. So it is definitely something to think about.

But the point of my message is that I would recommend you to continue with therapy. Even if it's little, I think therapy is a good outlet for you to express yourself in a drama-free, non-judgmental environment. I know it sure helps me discover myself, where I want to be, and where I am right now. It's very therapeutic.

Also, one thing I wanted to mention is that I used to be your way. I know how hard it is to keep it inside. But I analogized my feelings to my therapist as being like a volcano. It builds up inside, and one day it will eventually explode. You can only keep so much hidden inside. Having said that, some of you have higher tolerances than I do. So, what happened to me may not work for you.

Bottom line: I wish you the best of luck. PM me anytime you need a friend. And the decision lies within you. Just take down all our advice, but only you know what's best for you and your family.

Love

Markie,

not all decisions in life are in our control. I was faced with a similar dilema couple of weeks ago. But then I realized I can't risk loosing my family for my own interests.

Hope you can get back quickly to what you want to be really.