Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you look in the mirror and...

When you look in the mirror and...

Tami posted a response that said

"There will come a time when you complete your makeup and clothing and hair and you look in the mirror and actually look like someone female, and not yourself in a dress."

For me this happened last summer, and was a moment I will never forget. It was the first time I was really out in the mainstream public arena. I had been out only a few times to t-friendly shops and clubs. Then last summer I had the opportunity to go en femme to a concert held at a downtown Portland theater. After deciding I would “just do it” I spent the next few weeks practicing make-up and choosing an outfit. After more than 2 hours of getting ready, I was in the car heading downtown. I parked about 8 blocks away because it was a parking lot I knew well, and didn’t want to have something go wrong. On my walk to get to the theater I felt so electrified – I can now say I was in a complete pink fog. The evening was filled with many first’s, and I gave myself a passing grade on all of them. At intermission I took the elevator down to the atrium to get a little air. Just off the elevator was a huge mirror. As I walked by I noticed a nicely dressed woman’s reflection, and then realized it was me! I stopped for a moment and took another look. That was the first time that I saw Ellen in the mirror.

So, what was the first time you met your femme self?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

I guess the first time I saw the 'woman' in me was when I saw my first pictures several years ago. Even though I saw her in the mirrors, it was the pictures that really set it for me.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time in the 'fog'.
    By the way, I think you look great in your picture and avatar.

Banned Read only
    When I was 14, the first time I ever wore stockings and heels. My Mum did my makeup and I absolutely loved the way I looked, I was a grown woman!
    Last edited by avril findlay; 12-04-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Banned Read only
    I don't remember the first time. But it's still a thrill to look in the mirror, and see a woman in a short dress and heels looking back at me.

I achieved that look, when everything fell into place once. I can't wait until I get there again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

it was a year ago last month. when i shot my avatar pic. prior to that, there was only a guy experimenting in clothing. even that night was not all the way. but for the first magical moment looking up i was fooled. did not know how it could have been me, but i was pleased. and each time the miracle comes again! better photos have and will be taken but that first moment, as of "meeting" hidden me for the first time, is priceless.
    thanks for the thought provoking thread!
    jessie
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

I guess It was when i had my frist makeover at M.A.C. they did my makeup and left me to dress, This is in the biggest mall In B.C. Canada. I almost told her to take my makeup off cuz it did not look like enough makeup. I shave my head bald so it did not look good. Well I got dressed and put my wig on ,and so fearfully looked in the mirror and saw Christina and I sighed and said to myself thats much better than the make over my uncle's girls did for me last Decmber . When the woman came back in she did a double take and said "WoW you don't look like the person whom walked in here an hour ago". she said I looked great. SO looking in the mirror I saw Christina for the frist time and liked what I saw. Since then I have got new glasses and got my banges cut and I look much better. And everybody says so to. what do you all think , do I look ok good or great , ( for a plus size girl of course)HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

We haven't met yet.................. I look like me in a dress....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just before Halloween I decided to dress and surprise my sisters-in-law and when the pictures were taken I was happy to see the results. One of them is my avatar. Keli

Agree with Karren H-- still working at it
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I dont know I think it was the first time my makeup looked right and I found the right bra size.

Hasn't happend yet Ellen I don't look as good as you hun.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Me, too.

I've never looked in the mirror and thought I saw someone female. I've looked in the mirror and been proud of my look. I've thought, "Hey! I'm kinda cute!" But I've never actually thought I pass.

There are some people on here (and I'm not referring to the OP) who seem convinced they pass when they most certainly do not. It's more that people don't bother looking or just don't care. And that's totally fine! If thinking you pass is what gives you the guts to get out and be yourself, then deluding yourself is a good thing ... up to a point (there's still the chance that someone will say something mean and shatter your fantasy).

What bothers me, though, is seeing these people suggesting that they have some kind of super passing skills and actually offering advice when they really just look like a 50-year-old guy with a ridiculous amount of makeup. Often the people they are offering the advice to look much more natural.

Smile It's me, It's me and I'm in a dress

I agree with Karen and Jillian. I look like me in a dress but every know and then I can see a very small part of my younger sister. That is kind of creepy to me so I try not dwell on it. I am hoping to be able to shave all of this hair off when I retire and then maybe Jeannie will appear. Maybe I should find a big bottle to pop out of. LOL

Jeannie

For me it was my gf that showed ‘her’ to me; she had been joking with me about the exact time the ‘she came out’ when I was getting ready and I told her I couldn’t see it, it was just me in different clothes.

The next time I dressed she pulled out a video camera and taped me for a few minutes. When I watched the tape I freaked out. I remembered doing the things I was seeing but ‘she’ didn’t look or act like me. It was so disturbing to me that I packed everything up and did not dress for another 7 months.

That must have been really enjoyable Ellen! I have envisioned going to the symphonym all dolled up, but haven't been so brave, or confident. It never ceases to amaze me, every time i a, completely dressed up! First pics were exciting, but nothing like later ones. I am pretty turned on , but, I do see a lot of my mom, which disturbs me some, but, I am here offspring. I have had pics on Myspace, and dating sitesm and Craigslist, and have been bombarded with guys interst! I think it is me, just dressed attractive, like a lady, but sometimes when dresses, feel a lot like one, but, there is this ornery old bachelor oddball fart umdermeath, too, who i to forget, when dressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Ditto me on that one other than in a skirt.... LOL.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Jill honey, perhaps you need contacts, you sister dear, are ALL Woman!

As for me, I don't remember when exactly I first thought I looked like a woman when seeing my reflection, but it was sometime in late summer 2007. Before that I always saw a guy in a dress. But it was indeed a magic moment and I remember seeing the biggest smile spread across my face, then turning and spinning and just falling in love with that look.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Was out to Keroke with friends the stage has a large mirror behind it I saw this atractive woman in the mirror when I looked to see where she was I realized it was me, was on cloud nine for 3 days [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

While I generally don't try to pass myself, I've got this odd little outfit that I often like to potter about the house in: a long silver satin smock with a Peter Pan collar, and an appliqued red heart on the left breast; a pink bouffant cap; and maybe a bit of lippy (I told you it was odd). Anyway, I've often been surprised at how womanly I look when I'm dressed like this*, no more so than on one recent occasion when, upon glancing in the mirror, I fancied I looked like nothing so much as some runway model (and we all know how weirdly they dress!) from the 1950s or 60s showing off some fashion designer's crazy idea of what women would be wearing at the turn of the century we're now in**.

*It's the bouffant cap that does it, I'm sure. I work somewhere where I'm required to wear one of these for hygiene purposes (I think that's how I picked up my strange fondness for the dorky-looking things in the first place), and I never cease to be amazed at how often they seem to make people confused about my gender. More than once, I've found myself eavesdropping on conversations where people have been furiously debating my sex ("It's a boy!", "No, it's a girl!" etc), and when I've finally stepped in and resolved the matter, I've almost invariably been told something along the lines of, "Sorry, it's the shower cap that does it." I don't know why this should be the case - do they confer some strange, epicene look on me (as my reflection in the mirror would seem to suggest), or are they simply seen as such a girly thing to wear that no guy would ever be caught dead in one?

**Most of the time when I'm thus garbed, however, I imagine myself as a middle-aged woman called Betty who works in a factory where pies, cakes and other delicious bakehouse treats are made. Mm, how glamorous.

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I would have to say I feel the same way...

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    You are right Ellen. That moment when you first recognise yourself as a woman, not a "bloke in a frock", is unforgettable. As others have said, you are still "you", but the person you suddenly recognise is your feminine side.
    Last edited by carolinewalker_2000; 12-04-2008 at 08:09 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I always get dressed in front of a mirror.
    It's a big part of the process...

Not in the mirror, exactly.. I was never a handsome guy, and I know I don't make a pretty woman. So, I avoid mirrors. When I dress up, I want to feel pretty, beautiful; but that's simply not possible. Seeing what I really look like just would destroy any chance of feeling good about myself when dressed up. So, for me, it's more, well, imagining how I might look in a different reality.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

[SIZE=2]For me it was at Transformation Manchester 4 years ago. The one and only time I've been made up and wigged. I could see an older image of my daughter looking back at me out of the mirror, but I was "all woman" for the first time in my life. My shape and body language still said "male", but the face looked good![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]