Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "How to walk like a girl?" Help needed

"How to walk like a girl?" Help needed

Okay, I just got a request from a online friend of mine.

She's a Civil War reenactor, and she knows about Katrina. Anyway she's making a dress for a guy as part of an event scenario. She asked me to come up with a basic set of instructions on how to walk, what mannerisms to use, etc.

I don't know how. I mean, I just walk. I'm still trying to walk on heels without falling on my dupa. So I'm asking you for some help here. What would you suggest?

Katrina

If you put inDUPA, that means that you are Polish, so be proud of General Polaski, and sulute your Polish heritage...BJ

Quote Originally Posted by matrioshka View Post
    Okay, I just got a request from a online friend of mine.

She's a Civil War reenactor, and she knows about Katrina. Anyway she's making a dress for a guy as part of an event scenario. She asked me to come up with a basic set of instructions on how to walk, what mannerisms to use, etc.

I don't know how. I mean, I just walk. I'm still trying to walk on heels without falling on my dupa. So I'm asking you for some help here. What would you suggest?

Katrina
    Try this walk like your walking in a train track, swing your legs around your other leg. Your hands, turn your palms inward (like your careing suit cases) let your fingers lose. You don't have to swish but a little might be ok , just don't over do it. You could tell her to see if the guy can pop his hips from side to side, but thats hard for men to do. We don't have the same hip movement as women do, LOL. If you get them to walk in heals it wil come better. and small steps your not in a hurry. I hope that helped. HUGGS an good like on helping them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

walking in heels

Practice, practice, practice. I am getting better all the time.
    Shelby

Love walking in high heels - start with 1 1/2 heels and go to 2 1/2 and then to 3 1/2 etc. - I can now walk better in heels than I can in my drab shoes. 4 1/2 heels start to get a little tricky - also hurts muscles in your feet and calves - muscles that never hurt before - don't understand how anyone can wear 4 1/2 plus heels for more than a couple of hours - but i can wear 3 1/2 and under all day
    Love,
    JoAnne Wheeler

Elven Warrior Princess RoxyRocket47's Avatar
    What I've noticed is that posture is everything when walking... I learned in an acting class (we spent a long time studying people's movements and what types of people moved in what ways) that men tend to slouch their spine - as do some women, but that women with a particularly feminine, sexy, or confident walk tend to have perfect or near perfect posture, which affects how their legs move.

Keep your spine properly arced - think like you're sticking your butt as far behind you as you can while keeping it even with your shoulders - which should be kept back. If you walk with this posture, you'll find that - especially if you are also in heels - you will gain a tendency to roll your hips slightly.

Also, perceptions of confidence plays a big role in passing - arms crossed in front of you, looking at your feet, etc are movements that will draw attention and scrutiny thereby detracting from perceived femininity. Arms to your side with a slight sway while walking are the most confident in appearance. Aggressive motion is equally as bad as meek motion BTW - as instinctively one will pay more attention to sharp or exaggerated movement.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by RoxyRocket47; 01-06-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo :(
    --------------------------------
    - Roxy, the Elven Warrior Princess

"Life is better with a giggle!"

check out this website. they show neutral, male and female. turn on the lines.

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLgender.html

Walk with your hips.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Walk with your hips.
    ...not with your shoulders.

Shannon, that is wonderful, just so illustrative of the difference in walking. Great find.

shannonsilk check out this website. they show neutral, male and female. turn on the lines.

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLgender.html

Don't forget one of the simpler rules ... keep your legs together and elbows in when you walk!

What I found is that keeping your feet pointing straight ahead, taking shorter steps, and correct, straight posture help lots. The arms are the hardest for me but try to swing them and at the back of the arc the thumbs should be pointing more away from you. Try to lead from the pelvis, not the shoulders. Wearing heels will naturally give you the rolling hips.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

It's all about tits and ass......Push them both out proud and then try walking on the balls of your feet. It will be unnatural and you will feel like a freak at first, but after a few minutes you will start to get the hang of it. The beauty of this method is that it causes your arms to raise at the shoulders and flow at your sides. Just like how them proper ladies do it

I just walk too... I tried the whole butt wiggle thingy but it looked too fake!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Whenever someone asks me personally for suggestions on how to walk like a woman, I always reply with asking this question:
    Which woman they want to walk like? a 80 year-old with physical health related restraints, a 40 year old woman that never wore heels in her life, a woman that walks like a duck...... blah blah....
    yeah I'm a smart ass, but take a look at how each woman walks differently...... only revealing similarity that I notice with women walking are small strides

If you really want to get the whole thing together Karren, you'd better practice the butt wiggle thing.
    "in varietate concordia"

IMO, the best thing to do is to constantly observe the experts, women.
    You can learn a lot by just watching women and how they typically go about life everyday.
    That's how I learned how to conduct and present myself appropriately in public.

Me, I don't believe that one should walk with one foot in front of the other, because, from my observations, that's not how women naturally walk. They walk just like any other person, feet side by side and with some natural hip movement. The only time I see women exaggerating it are at events, such as, modeling shows, fashion shows, beauty pagents, or beauty competitions (i.e. Victoria's Secret fashion show, Paris fashion show, Miss Universe, Hooters swim suit competition, Hawaiian Tropic) because they want to impress the viewers or the judges by looking hot and sexy on the catwalk.

Everytime I'm out, whether in guy or girl mode, I continuously obeserve women, keying on certain things that can help improve my presentation. Of the things I've observed are:
    1. Women walk with their backs straight, not slouching, and head up.
    2. Women generally walk with the feet side by side and with a little hip movement
    3. Women's walking pace is a little slower, more graceful, and fluid
    4. Women femininely swing their arms while somewhat pointing their hands outward.
    5. Women walk with confidence and a smile. It's amazing how many times I've crossed paths with a woman, smiled at her, only to have her smile back in return.

These are just some things I can think of, off the top of my head.
    It takes a lot of practice, but the key is to not overdo, or exaggerate, because it doesn't look natural. And if something doesn't look right, people will surely notice especially those young tweenies and teenager girls because that's how they learn, at an early age, about fashion and style. They're very observant and can spot something unusal from a mile away.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 01-24-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    Joann - you give excellent advice. I must remember that as well!!

~Samantha
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

I know I'm necroposting here, but I wanted to thank you all for the advice.

In the course of our discussion, we hit a snag: What is en vogue today wasn't how it was done in the mid 19'th century. Back to the drawing board...

I'm going to end up with the dress when this is done, looks as if I'm in the market for a corset.

ETA: I'm not Polish, I've known quite a few over the years, and some of the words (dupa) have rubbed off on me.

Katrina
    Last edited by matrioshka; 01-13-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Had to add something.

I'm glad you necroposted (gonna have to remember that term) because I would have missed Joann's FANTASTIC advice if you hadn't. Now I'm definitely going to go get a pair of heels!
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

Walk like you have a string pulling you up by the top of your head. Keep your elbows glued to your sides and wear high heals. The rest will fall in to place. Don't exagerate it, try to relax and hold your head up and smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB View Post
    Don't forget one of the simpler rules ... keep your legs together and elbows in when you walk!
    I think that this is very simple but exceptionally helpful advice.
    warmly, Linnea

Hi, When I go out in public as a lady, I do not concentrate at all about how I portray myself. I do not think of what I'm doing, but just go about my business naturally. I do observe woman's movements, but not when out dressed. At home I'm in heels etc. always now. To instill femininity in my stride and gestures, at home I wear a long, tight, slitless skirts and 4" heels. They dictate my hip and leg movements with femininity. My inserts and bra control the actions of my upper body. A purse and long fingernails direct a natural lady's motions. Doing domestics or any other activity then, with a little effort, becomes a natural feminine flow. I may check myself in the privacy of my home. Sometimes now I have to watch myself as a guy as these movements become part of my persona. I really hope I've shed an alternative light on the subject for you. Practice does make perfect (at home) then go out and play the game, don't think about the plays.

my wife told me put one foot in front of the other,,not to the side but like your walking a line,,also women push chest out and but out,,thats the proper posture of a female.. hope it helps..
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

It all has to do with illusion for men! Women are built differently most have a spine arch at the lower spine that is 20%+ more than men The distance across the pelvis to the attachment of the legs is also greater. the wiggle in the walk is produced because of the distance the outer hip has to travel to move the legs!! A womans weight is centered in the lower half of the body.

Soo there are obstacles to over come if a man wants to walk like a woman
    1. stand erect
    2. chest out
    3. head straight
    4. arch back
    5. elbows in
    6. swing arms at elbow
    7. palms forward hands slightly cupped
    8. shorter step
    9. place one foot infront of the other "rail walk"
    10. accentuate hip movement, don't over do it

And Above all once you remember all this and actually try to walk like this!

DON"T FALL DOWN

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"