Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close to Flying En-Femme

It is what it is

Close to Flying En-Femme

Coming back from a business trip tonight, I had the sudden urge to just "do it", to just stop into a bathroom, change into my jeans, boots, sweater, bra & panties, and just enjoy flying the friendly skies hell, I even went to a local mall before I had to be at the airport; picked up some new jeans and a cute, cute top. Alas, it was not meant to be. Thanks to my terrible indecisiveness at the mall, and my unfamiliarity with the area, I didn't have time to change over

Well, there is always next weekend: I fly back out for business, and I'll be certain to make more time for Marissa I can't imagine flying en-femme! and am already excited thinking about it! How do you go through security?! That must be the most nervous point, since all eyes are on YOU! And then waiting at the terminal, though I think I won't have an issue at that point.

Tonight on my flight though, I noticed the person next to me reading a religious magazine regarding "Proposition 8" HA I laughed on the inside, thinking about what this fellow's reaction would have been had I been dressed

Anyways, give me some flying tips, ladies!

Kathryn Janos
    I'm just gonna give you one warning: REGARDLESS of what they are and aren't supposed to do, the security may disagree with your life choices and use that to harass you. Just... please be careful. I've been harassed before by security because of clothing in my suitcase, but passed it off as my gf's. But saying anything will only get you in trouble.

It is what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by kathrynjanos View Post
    I'm just gonna give you one warning: REGARDLESS of what they are and aren't supposed to do, the security may disagree with your life choices and use that to harass you. Just... please be careful. I've been harassed before by security because of clothing in my suitcase, but passed it off as my gf's. But saying anything will only get you in trouble.
    that's my number one fear, getting singled out or harassed while in a position where I can't escape.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa Mae View Post
    that's my number one fear, getting singled out or harassed while in a position where I can't escape.
    Yeah. I really wouldn't, just, too scary. They have you by your most sensitive bits while there, and even if there would be repercussions (possibly) they can make your life miserable for 24 hours or so. God help you if it's on a Friday night, though.

My dad, through years of protesting experience, gave me some good advice: Never get arrested on a Friday night. You won't see a judge until at least Monday.

Smile Be at your best....

As long as you can handle the extra scrutiny,you can do it! Id won't match your face...so,thats when it begins.assure them that it is you and show a second id matching the first and or slide your wig back a little,so they see you have one on. When questioned why i was dressed that way,i have told them that i plan to have genital surgery in the coming year in order to transition....that one worked for me ! Makes them feel bad and shows you are serious at the same time. But, maybe you will just slide on through! Be early enough to change in a flash from your carryon bag if it gets too much to handle... Just do it!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

close to flying en-femme

I have done it at least a dozen times and have never had any problems. I doubt that you will either and I am almost 1000% sure that security will not "single" you out unless you look like you are hiding something. dress as any woman would for the flight and you should not have problems. most of the things you are worried about would not happen in a million years of flying so quit worrying. It is a wonderful experience to come and go en-femme and I guarantee that the thrill of it is well worth the anxiety you will experience at first. Just do it!!!
    Let us know how it goes.
    Love
    Sandra Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa Mae View Post

Tonight on my flight though, I noticed the person next to me reading a religious magazine regarding "Proposition 8" HA I laughed on the inside, thinking about what this fellow's reaction would have been had I been dressed

Anyways, give me some flying tips, ladies!
    whats prop 8. I live in Canada and I don't know what that is. I figger it's a law to stop CDers from dressing. Thats never going to happen. so what is it. thanks. If you know pm me and tell me. HUGGS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Prop 8 is the anti- gay marriage law that California recently passed, trouble with come when they take it to court and try to find a way to take away a right that was accepted previously. The issue is far from over, still the religious right thinks they've won. There is nothing about Crossdressing at all.
    Last edited by celeste26; 01-17-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clarity.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

thank you hun i thought so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Prop 8 is the anti- gay marriage law that California recently passed, trouble with come when they take it to court and try to find a way to take away a right that was accepted previously. The issue is far from over, still the religious right thinks they've won. There is nothing about Crossdressing at all.
    Actually, I don't remember gay marriage being "legal" in California prior to prop. 8. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome disregarded the state's policy by allowing same-sex marriages within his city, but his unlawful act is hardly a legal precedent by which the entire state should be forced to accept same-sex marriage in spite of the fact that a majority of Californians obviously oppose it.

It's spelled Marika, but it's pronounced Janey!
    Appreciate the beauty in the current moment, because the past is gone and tomorrow never comes.
    Janey's Amost Secret Crossdressing Blog: http://marikajaye.blogspot.com

Actually, same-sex marriage WAS legal in California prior to Prop 8 and were performed throughout the state, not just in San Francisco. Prop 8 amended the state condtitution by defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDarrah View Post
    Actually, I don't remember gay marriage being "legal" in California prior to prop. 8. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome disregarded the state's policy by allowing same-sex marriages within his city, but his unlawful act is hardly a legal precedent by which the entire state should be forced to accept same-sex marriage in spite of the fact that a majority of Californians obviously oppose it.

And there we have some example of wrong. What you're referring to was that Newsome issued a decree for which he, unfortunately, had no legal standing, that ordered the city clerk to begin issuing licenses to gay couples.

Separately, however, the state Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage was legal as defined by the state Constitution. Prop 8 amended that to define it solely as between a man and woman, thereby invalidating the ruling of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Actually, same-sex marriage WAS legal in California prior to Prop 8 and were performed throughout the state, not just in San Francisco. Prop 8 amended the state condtitution by defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
    The solution is really simple, but completely overlooked in the power struggle. The State should issue everyone a license for "civil union," thus legally recognizing the relationship for its purposes. The State should not be involved in marriage, that should be the province of religions.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    The solution is really simple, but completely overlooked in the power struggle. The State should issue everyone a license for "civil union," thus legally recognizing the relationship for its purposes. The State should not be involved in marriage, that should be the province of religions.
    I have said this to every person I've ever met, damn near word for word. Do you happen to know me IRL, lol?

I fly dressed a lot and it is no problem what so ever.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I fly dressed a lot and it is no problem what so ever.
    I am very surprised by that. Some of the TSA people are awful. I was at the airport to pick someone up and was heading home when some bozo TSA agent thought I was "too disrespectful." I didn't even see him much less do anything to him. He went though his power trip thing. I said I was sorry, but he still was threatening. I got his and his buddy's names and passed the story on to a relative who is a prosecutor and also to my attorney. Supposedly he was strongly disciplined so I didn't press it.

However after that experience, I wouldn't want to do anything that gives those jerks a chance to screw with me. Good luck to the rest of you and that you never fly into the New York area.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

I have not flown enfemme but before flying I would suggest that you become very comfortable being enfemme out in public. If you have not reached a very high degree of comfort out in public enfemme before flying then the TSA folks will almost certainly pick up on you discomfort and you'll get 'extra screening.' I've flown with my forms in my carry on luggage and other fem items and never had a problem. In fact, I've flown with almost no guy clothes whatsoever and never had a problem. Some day, I hope to fly enfemme. Until that time it will be underdressed in a bra and panties with bright red toe nails!

What about sitting 1 inch from people for several hours?

No offense but you're worried about the wrong thing. There is nothing illegal about wearing clothes of any gender. If you're that worried about going through security, you're going to be miserable sitting in the waiting area and on a plane sitting 1 inch from someone who may be a religious nutcase or just an abject bigot. Security takes a few minutes in line and then a few minutes through. The flight takes forever and you are stuck with the person you sit next to.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannaCaroline View Post
    No offense but you're worried about the wrong thing. There is nothing illegal about wearing clothes of any gender. If you're that worried about going through security, you're going to be miserable sitting in the waiting area and on a plane sitting 1 inch from someone who may be a religious nutcase or just an abject bigot. Security takes a few minutes in line and then a few minutes through. The flight takes forever and you are stuck with the person you sit next to.
    Respectfully, you're missing the point. If security picks a bone with you, you are screwed. You're under their control until they turn you over to an actual enforcement agency which can be delayed for some time. Unless you'd like to try to just walk away from them, but it'd be more embarrassing to be shot in dress than just delayed.

. . . If security picks a bone with you, you are screwed. . .
    Let's not get paranoid people. The TSA does not have any more jerks or A-holes than any other profession, and unlike most other professions, THEY are highly trained on dealing with the public. They are also monitored and closely scrutinized on how they treat John Q. Public. Due to the few incidents that have been highly publicized, they are probably every bit as terrified of dealing with you as you are of them. They KNOW that if the mistreat you, the media IS going to hear about it, and their lives are going to be a nightmare of investigations, recriminations, and corrective training.

They are people just like you and I. They are trying to do a difficult job, with high consequences for failure. Screwing with us is way at the bottom of their priority list. Between there being so many witnesses around, their training and clearly defined policies on how to deal with us, I can't think of a safer place to be assuming you dress tastefully and act respectfully.

There ARE things in this world we need to fear - this is NOT one of them.

Kathryn Janos
    Sorry Kimberly, but as Christina Nicole said, unless you've been through New York airports, you're probably not properly experienced to understand the concern. It's just a straight up experience, and yes, the TSA itself does care to a limited extent about its image, but the employees themselves do not. I believe what Carlin said, that they're the same people with double digit IQs, just with government badges now.

You should have bee dressed in that seat next to that guy. So much for small talk hun.
    Angie

Sorry Kimberly, but as Christina Nicole said, unless you've been through New York airports, you're probably not properly experienced to understand the concern. . . .
    ROFL Kathryn,

I have flown in and out of New York and New Jersey too.
    In both cases, the TSA folks took their jobs seriously but did not hassle me.
    Also, we know we have at least one member on this forum who works for the TSA. I'm going to imagine she isn't going to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when she reads that everyone on her profession and organization has a low IQ.
    With few exceptions, I travel by air almost every week and I am always amused to hear the hostility directed against these people. They are trying to get us to our destination alive - that's a goal I can get behind 100%. Unfortunately that does cause some inconvenience for the traveling public, but I'd rather be a bit inconvenienced than dead.

Just a part time woman? Tina Francis's Avatar
    I flying very often with fem cloth in handluggage. In europe no problem, because you can mention it's for your wife or gf. Flying en femme, is much more difficult, because the security will ask and investigating you. They don't like funny things during their job. Travelling in the Schengen (Mid europe) area is no problem, because normally no passport comtrols.
    Tina

What Kimberly writes is absolutely correct. I have flown numerous times, both before and after I had may name legally changed. As long as you don't try to present phony identification, and as long as you don't appear overly nervous, security at every airport I have been to treats you just like every other passenger. But if you're going to sweat like a leaky sieve, or appear as jumpy as an expectant father, I suggest you take the bus.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe