Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Pretend You are a Girl?

Most of the time I dont get to say that I am a woman or a guy, people almost always assume I am a woman. And when Im forced to I say I am a woman on the options if theres no 'not specified' one.

Coz, unless I am gonna be romantically involved with anyone, I see no reason why sex in any sense would even be a factor. I mean does me being a woman or a guy have any impact while I explain why an apple is red for example or talk about ... anything. In the distant past, the rare instances when feelings got involved, I did tell what I am. I think the only instance when I didnt was when the person seemed suicidal. And jsut like what someone said defending me before, 'people wanted to believe I was a woman' so is it really my fault if I never claimed or disclaimed I was

Besides, if id ask myself what am I, I have the body of a guy I know and the tastes of a guy but I dont feel like... it feels wrong for me to say I am a guy. I think we are in the era anyway where sex is a bit more complex and just male or female or gay wouldnt suffice... I dont know, I could be very wrong, I think that line was... mindlessly said. But thats what I think, thinking about it for a few minutes.
    Last edited by ashcrimson; 09-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    soz hun am gonna disagree with that statement ............. some of the girls are presenting as males to the world when in fact they are in fact women ......... and some of them may be very hurt and offended by that remark, which I know will not be your intention to do ............ they have it extremely tough following the road to get to where they need to be, some unfortunately never ever make it there

oi did say sheila no offence intended in anyway.... this is all about using fem names....which either way they present.....they lead both sides of the spectrum sheila....as I see it...... in real as men born as..... even tho they dress to emulate women,.... that those that dont have the support say debs has with you present her to the outside world, they "DRESS" in womens clothes... and as I said in the latter part of that there are those that have chosen the path to become women....

once again I am not knocking "men" or the fact they want to "dress" or to use "womens" names, I thought this was about "honesty and using a femme name" on other forums.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    That has nothing to do with what sex you indicate in your profile, though. If you don't want to be outed online, don't use your real name or any identifiable pictures of yourself in connection with any reference to crossdressing. Only a complete numbskull would do that and have any expectation of privacy.
    perhaps I am silly but by ticking the M box and having a Fem name would/could lead to awkward questions, ............. this could go on forever,..... my take is and always has been, when a TG presents as fem .. or Male then I will use their proper pronouns as much as my aged memory allows me to remember ...... A courtesy I feel I can afford them but just my

They do not all go on those sites to cheat ......... am not saying some don't, but at the end of the day cheaters will cheat whether online or not
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    They do not all go on those sites to cheat ......... am not saying some don't, but at the end of the day cheaters will cheat whether online or not
    I didn't say they all do..I said I would be more concerned about that than whether thier page said male or female.
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    as I put in my posting... when coming back in here I went into the wrong thread in the MTF so I read a little.....

The CDing members have a thread going in the MTF forum its a Sticky: Your female name *merged threads*
    the quick one or two I read were interesting exactly how I see things in some of the CD'ers cases that their names are close to their own real name... and others have posted for other reasons... its an interesting....read.... proves why they use femme names.....

we all learn something....

In fantasy land we can be who ever we wish to be. I wish to be a girl. So a girl I am.In real life I'd rather be a girl so I am whenever I can. I think in my mind I'm really more girl then boy anyway.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    In fantasy land we can be who ever we wish to be. I wish to be a girl. So a girl I am.In real life I'd rather be a girl so I am whenever I can. I think in my mind I'm really more girl then boy anyway.
    Angie

you go gurl....

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    That has nothing to do with what sex you indicate in your profile, though. If you don't want to be outed online, don't use your real name or any identifiable pictures of yourself in connection with any reference to crossdressing. Only a complete numbskull would do that and have any expectation of privacy.

I do agree, though, that this thread is a verbatim rerun of the "is it dishonest" thread from last month.
    Yeah Ralph, The "hot or not" thread.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Well, I'm a girl here, and I listed my gender as "female" on my MySpace site. When you visit me there, I'm a girl, plain and simple. I don't give a hoot whether I'm genetically male, or if I'm hanging the male package underneath. I'm still female when I'm there, same as here. I'm not there trolling for sex, and if you visit me there, and you are trolling for sex, then you can go elsewhere. But there, as I am here, I'm a girl. Deal with it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    Who's pretending? There's no pretense to the way I feel about myself, so why fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    I have been distressed lately at the amount of crossdressers, who list there gender as Femail on social networking sites. It just seems a littlle dishonest to me. If I offend anyone I apologise in advance. Are you just pretending? Or has the psudo annonymity of the internet given you an outlet to extend the fantasy?

Before you flame know that all of my web pages facebook etc list me as male and show both facets of my gender expression.
    Hi Daphne,

My answers:

"dishonest" to present as female? Not inherently, depends on whether you are hurting or using others.

"Are you just pretending?" No, just expressing my gender.

"extending the fantasy" No, this is reality.

Ok, I have some questions for you:

1. Is it inherently immoral to present as female in public, or cyberspace?
    2. Have you ever done so, if so, how did you feel? Like you were dishonest?
    3. If it is not inherently wrong to present as female, where do you draw the line?

I don't want to be presumptuous, but do you think there's a bit jealousy of those of us who are out and about?

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    I don't want to be presumptuous, but do you think there's a bit jealousy of those of us who are out and about?
    that could be the prob but I don't think so. She just needs to know our reasons I think!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    Hi Daphne,

My answers:

"dishonest" to present as female? Not inherently, depends on whether you are hurting or using others.

"Are you just pretending?" No, just expressing my gender.

"extending the fantasy" No, this is reality.

Ok, I have some questions for you:

1. Is it inherently immoral to present as female in public, or cyberspace?
    2. Have you ever done so, if so, how did you feel? Like you were dishonest?
    3. If it is not inherently wrong to present as female, where do you draw the line?

I don't want to be presumptuous, but do you think there's a bit jealousy of those of us who
    are out and about?
    Ok Diane you caught me. I am so jealous of all of you because your out lmao, why diddnt I think of that.

It always boils down to this. The OP is upset because he or she is just not as advanced as the rest of us. Poor dear .

I won't go into it because I don't want to get into a testosterone fuels pissing match over who is more girly.

Let's just say yes you were being presumptuous.
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 09-02-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Living the life I choose!

Daphne (male name not disclosed) since you have choosen not to answer Dilane's questions even though she specifically answered your questions, I can only surmize that you are not interested in an honest dialog. It seems the only one involved in a "testosterone fuels pissing match" is you, dear. And as far as I am concerned, you can have it all. I don't care for the stuff myself.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Daphne (male name not disclosed) since you have choosen not to answer Dilane's questions even though she specifically answered your questions, I can only surmize that you are not interested in an honest dialog. It seems the only one involved in a "testosterone fuels pissing match" is you, dear. And as far as I am concerned, you can have it all. I don't care for the stuff myself.
    I disclosed my male name in this thread yesterday along with my occupation adress and adress of my employer. The post was deleted by the administration. Further I would have answered Dilane's questios had she not added her little supposition about being jealous.

As you did (no male name disclosed) in the opening of your post.

I realize I have upset some people here for which I have tried to make peace. So tell me again who is not interested in honest open dialog.

Just my two cents, but why are you all so upset to begin with if You are all that comfortable with yourselves, it shouldn't really matter what I said. Beyond that why would it be so important that I disclose my name. As I tried to do yesterday. The question was about biological sex.
    Living the life I choose!

[QUOTE=DaphneGrey;1855327]

I won't go into it because I don't want to get into a testosterone fuels pissing match over who is more girly.

[QUOTE]

ya can tell me to butt out...

but with the comment Holly made as well as Daphne, as quoted ..the above comment is a typical...male comment and trait...... so where is the gurly in all that.... n thats coming from me a GG/FAB at birth.... geeze... you lot.... get over it an... if you want to emulate women or be a woman act like one.....

but then oi can show a very male trait meself...by saying yer lot are all piss n no parfin.....LOL... dont take things so seriously..... AS I posted whats in a name.....
    Last edited by az_azeel; 09-02-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

This thread is done, I'm sick of the arguing in it.

And FYI, read the rules, you are NOT allowed to put your real names in the open forum for your own protection. What you did yesterday Daphne was really stupid, not only giving out your full name and almost where you live. This section of the board is open to anyone to read, what you did could have put yourself and your family in danger from lunatics who hate CD's... next time think before you post... and now this thread is done.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn