Thread: Women's Boots

Women's Boots

I had a post before about "do people make fun of other people for the way they dress." Well, I recently started wearing a pair of flat boots to work. (Yes, they are women's boots. I have a very small foot for a man so I wear a woman's size 7.) Anyway,these boots are suede and totally flat. No heels at all. Well, people kept commenting on them and saying things like, "Why did you wear your house slippers to work?" (I guess they are saying that cause they have no heels.) Well, today my co-workers (and they are all women) said don't wear those boots anymore to work, they don't look right.

I'm sure you'd say what I'd say..."I'm gonna wear them." But can you come up with any good "come-back" lines when I start getting comments like the ones I mentioned above. Don't be afraid to to give me some sarcastic ones. They didn't spare my feelings, so why should I be afraid to spare theirs!

tell them...

If I was in your boots I would tell them that they are comfy and you love them on your feet.You may also add that you don't live in their closet and choose their clothes for them. Sounds like some"mean girls" and you need to bite em back!

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    If I was in your boots I would tell them that they are comfy and you love them on your feet.You may also add that you don't live in their closet and choose their clothes for them. Sounds like some"mean girls" and you need to bite em back!
    You said it all!

"I'm sorry," you could say, "my favorite boots, with the four inch heels, are in the shoe repair shop."

Them-"Those boots don't look right!"

You- "Would they look better with a skirt?"

My shoes, My feet, My life and I like them.

Someone told me my Ugg's were women's boots! I told them that they were wrong, they were my boots. I paid for them. ...BJ

Even in thier teens girls, now women can be mean. As a CD I hope to never get that characteristic of a woman.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

"thank you for the kind advice" .... then ignore it!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Wear what you want of course. But still.

Did you ask here why the look wrong? Perhaps like me she just doesn't like boots that are flat in disques. Maybe she thought the color was wrong or out of season. Did she say anything else?

I guess I wonder some rimes if the snarky comments really do us any favors.

Lisa
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

[SIZE="2"]Who are your coworkers to tell you what you can't wear to work? Until they start paying for your footwear, I would wear what I'm comfortable with!!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I wouldn't wear them to work unless you told them you are a cd.

Oooh!...

... sounds like the green-eyed monster of jealousy rearing its ugly head here.

If you really want to get their goat, just nod and smile sweetly, and start humming Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots are Made For Walkin' " whenever one of these mean girls is nearby .

You could also ask them to show you the part in the office dress code policy where it states that men can't wear flat heeled suede boots. Likely not many takers there...

Wink

Tell them " If you don't like them then , why don't you go shopping with me and you buy me the right shoes then I can CONFORM to the ugly shoe club that your in." Then walk away. If that does not work then say " Why do you care what's on my feet , unless you want me to wear what your wearing then TFB." If she says sure then you trade and show her up by walking better in heals "if she is wearing them " then say I don't know what the big deal in high heals are. They feel fine but uuuuhhhgggglllllyyyyy, your shoes are ugly and smell weird." then flip them off and put your boots back on and go "ahhhhh much better..... prettier ,and the smell better too."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaS View Post
    I wouldn't wear them to work unless you told them you are a cd.
    Agreed.
    Unless youre out then this is the same effect as having heavily plucked eyebrows.
    It doesnt look quite right on a guy.
    (I cant help but think of that episode of friends where Joey got his brows waxed.)

True, it is your choice in what you wear and when, but dont forget to keep a level head.
    It's possible they would like them more if you told them about your CDing. Heck, you might even get questioned about where you got them!
    Samantha -x-

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    heres a good one " would you prefer my stilettos? that can be arranged."

or just simply show up one day in a pair of flats and when they say something about them comment that since they don't like the boots you thought they would like these, then wear the boots the next day and see what they say.
    when in doubt, dress

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smileinsecret View Post
    Agreed.
    Unless youre out then this is the same effect as having heavily plucked eyebrows.
    It doesnt look quite right on a guy.
    (I cant help but think of that episode of friends where Joey got his brows waxed.)
    Men should get waxed, I think bushy brows for men make them look sloppy.

I get mine waxed and I am not out. I also get regular mani-pedi's and shave my arms, chest and legs. I only ever got one comment "you're a runner is that why you shave your arms?"

Wear what you want and be proud of it. As far as comebacks, my favorite.

{put on a slightly sad face and speak in a sad soft voice} "My mother gave them to me just before she died."

Or substitute anyone you want for mother.

You will never get another unsolicited comment from that person again.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

I guess I don't get it.

Is one's footwear somehow related to the job you do? Is there a company guide for presentation? If so, then there may be an issue, but only with your supervisor, whoever that may be.

If not, the simple answer is, "what I wear on my feet is not your decision. Thank you for your opinion." All the other answers of the two word variety would not be proper to print here.

tina

I'd ask: What kind of boots do you think i should wear? When they suggest a style i'd say: You buy me a pair & i'll wear them.

See if they'll put their money where their mouth is. (& who coudn't use a free pair of boots)

Although it is a bit of a coming out / yet in drab issue there is more to it; especially for those blessed with small feet. (Disclaimer here - mine arent really small - women's size 9 ish). Often men's footwear come with a sole thickness that looks good on a men's size 9-10 but is far too thick for sizes 7-8. They are out of proportion for the length and look clunky. The goodyear welt construction (think how Doc Martin soles are attached) are just not as attractive as a upper that merges with only a seam into the sole. I am not overly kinky for shoes but there is a lightness and beauty to the line of even simple flat shoes and boots. If my feet were as lovely and tiny as yours I would be in your dilemna as well...Dee

(not a whale)
    they're probably telling you that for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by baby beluga View Post
    they're probably telling you that for a reason
    And what might be the reason?

One time, when I was at a party, a woman approached me, and said, "I didn't know they made men's boots with heels that high."

I would have said if you don't like these then I will wear the 4" spiked heels.

Teri