Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to get ready?

You surf CD.com while in the tub? Oh Christina...

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Why not Ze?
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

02-036.jpg if you are talking about "this" kelly it's easy. I don't wear much make up especially at this time of the year. In this pic, just some lip gloss. My b/f is used to me now lol. It was also a good week..no zits!
    Now if you were just being sarcastic....
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

About 2 hours for me as well, I'm never in a big hurry. The whole process is fun.

Is I promised here's the link http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=133681

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post

Don't you shake your cartoon face at me young man.....I happen to have a 20 in TV VCR DVD combo player in there too. I take all day baths too. So

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

It is kind of like having sex...

If it is just the same old routine...about 10 minutes.

If I am trying something new and exciting...about 1 to 1.5 hours

2 hours if taking pictures is on the menu....lol

Last edited by eluuzion; 07-10-2010 at 02:37 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8rys, going on walkabout
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post

That is what modern Tech is all about... I surf with the "frankenberry" from the tub all the time. As well as answer emails from the shower, I"ve also taken calls from the shower. That requires a little explanation.

Back on topic... In Christina's thread I said I took about an hour to get ready, well after a month of solid practice I am down to consistently 40 min from stepping out of the shower, to walking out the door. Time breaks were in the makeup application stage (4), and styling my hair (7min).

Gold Member
    I haven't had enough practice on the full thing to get my time down. From the start of the shower to hitting the door it is two hours for me and styling my hair is the biggest impact on my time.

If I go by all the dates I had (when much younger), 1/2 hour is before the date picks you up and 1 1/2 hours is after the date has arrived and is sitting in the living room being subjected to questioning by your parents.

I need about half an hour to be presentable.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

absolutely depends

Absolutely depends on where I am going and what I am doing. To go to the store or out on a normal night 30-40 minutes from scratch (after shower). Fetish clubs? Hours.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    It is kind of like having sex...

If it is just the same old routine...about 10 minutes.

If I am trying something new and exciting...about 1 to 1.5 hours

2 hours if taking pictures is on the menu....lol

[SIZE="3"]Now that was funny. Thanks![/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze
    How long does it usually take you to completely cross-dress? I'm talking make-up, wig, clothes, and whatever else you ladies do to pass as much like a woman as possible on a given day. Is it 10 minutes? An hour? Does it take less time the more practice you've had?
    [SIZE="2"]As soon as I retrieve my panties from the oven, remove my face from the storage jar (and wash off the formaldehyde), get my wig off of the clothesline, and bring my favorite crinoline down from the attic, I’m ready to get ready. The whole process of transformation, start to finish, takes a fortnight, especially if the Moon is in Sagittarius. It gets longer year by year. Ironically, it takes me more time to dress in drab, because the entire process fills me with unhappiness. I would say self-loathing, of course, but I’m in mixed company here. If I had my druthers, whatever druthers are, I would never leave a completely dressed state – it would save me a lot of time…[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

If I do it right and there is ice in the fridge . . .

Right now I need to shower, shave, do my nails, shave a little more, fix the smudges on my nails, put on my makeup, get the foundation garments on, pick an outfit, try it on, decide it's no good, take it off, find my jewelry and shoes that make a pair, get my hair on, decide on a new outfit, pick out new jewelry, stop and fix a gin and tonic and drink it, pick out new jewelry and shoes, make another drink, make sure I have what I need in my purse, give myself a little spray of smellgood and then I'll be ready. It shouldn't take more than one hour, eight minutes and fifty-three seconds.

But then I'll stop at the door and wonder what I forgot and that could add a little more time to the process.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It's the Journey and the Destination

I'm a dress-for-pleasure CD, and the pleasure begins when I start making up. My goal isn't just to get to the finished product, but to enjoy the process. I love watching the transformation as it happens in the mirror. So I'm never really in a hurry. When I go all out (the works), 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

In the summertime - as long as it takes to step in some sandals and throw a dress over my head, about one minute.

About 30 minutes, give or take after showering and shaving.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

on average if I am not going to dress up fancy about 30 to 45 minutes. If I need to really dress up for a special reason about 60 to 90 minutes.

everyday ware about 60 min to 90, getting ready for a date i have taken up to 2.5 hours to getting ready.
    Mistybtm

Right now I'd say 20-30 minutes but I don't really have a lot of options to work with so there's not so much decision time.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Time

To 'underdress'....minutes. To dress up, no make-up just for fun....a few more minutes. To make-up face, nails, wig, earrings &c &c a good hour/hour and a half. To take photos of all this get-up....certainly a whole 3-4 hours minimum. Preferrably a whole day.
    For me that's rare enough, as it involves retrieving everything out of secret storeage, doing the CD thing, stashing EVERYTHING away again and checking it's all gone, then getting rid of the make-up, nail varnish &c. and stowing things like the tripod & mirrors away, too.

Aspiring Member
    from lingerie to cooking to final hair.....3-4 hours full drag

just cding, a couple min

-Donni-

For me the basics (bra,forms, padding, and pantyhose) about 10 mins, clothes (skirt, blouse, or dress) 10 mins, my face well, 20 mins on a good day, wig, and final touches 10 mins so its about 45 to 1 hour from drab to fab.

At Least an hour and that is if I don't mess up my makeup.then back and forth between outfits.So it can take all weekend Ha.

Same as Rachel 1hr + or - and I am a lot more tolerent of my wifes preperation time since I started doing makeup and dressing to go out

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Before I even think about going out fully en femme, I need several days to wax/pluck my beard, shave everything else, deal with ear & nose hair, trim & shape eyebrows, give myself a decent manicure/pedicure & polish, color my hair (temporary color that washes out in a few weeks) and maybe get a haircut.

AFTER all that, I can be out the door in just a few minutes depending on whether I'm wearing hip/bottom padding in addition to breast forms.

I'm fortunate to have my own long hair and my beard is mostly white so I don't need much makeup to cover it when it's plucked/shaved.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/