Thread: SO willing to participate in my dressing!!

SO willing to participate in my dressing!!

Two weeks ago, I came out to my SO with no negative reaction on her part. I thanked my lucky stars and kept quiet about it since that day. Today, I told her that I value her feelings immensely and would like to know how she feels about my CDing if she wanted to express herself. She said she'd had to just put the topic away for a couple of weeks since it was such big, new information. She said again that she's not comfortable with public dressing because of fears of what idiot guys might do. I said I would honor her concerns.

I said I really need to dress at home. She said she wants me to have everything I need in life, including this. She asked a lot of questions such as when I started feeling like this, and how far do I want to take it. She told me she had thought about buying me a piece of lingerie (wow!) but didn't. She wondered how it would make her feel to sit next to me in the evening on the couch while I'm dressed in lingerie or a feminine robe of some sort. She asked about makeup and I confirmed I definitely want to go there (with my own makeup of course). Then she just blew me away... She suggested we shop online together for big/tall girls clothes!! I couldn't believe my ears. I can't wait until this weekend to come so we can shop.

First off, my SO is the most loving, understanding, considerate person I've ever met. I wish everyone reading this post would have the same acceptance. It really saddens me to think how upset I would be without her acceptance, or worse, her rejection. I know many of you have to endure that loneliness in the CDing area of life. For my part, I didn't pester her right away after the initial "confession." On the other hand, I didn't want to wait too long before gently bringing it up again, so two weeks seemed about right. I also was quick to respect her boundaries and made it very clear that her feelings matter to me more than anything else.

I'm so utterly new at trying to protect a wonderful relationship while revealing my deepest need (crossdressing). Somehow, I'm bumbling along like the old Mr. Magoo cartoon and not only gaining acceptance but miraculously the participation from my SO. I have a hard time taking credit for this, but I hope maybe this story can be of help to other girls who are ready to reveal themselves to their most loved one.

Love,
    Mandy

Aspiring Member
    That sounds great, you have someone really special & accepting.
    It must have taken a lot of courage to tell her but what a great reaction.
    Good for you.

Nichola
    x

You are very lucky. Good luck with your shopping.

That's awesome. I love reading posts like these.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Most important question...can you share sizes????

That gets touchy...I buy something I love and "snick!" it's hers
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Sounds like you did it just about right.

I am glad for both of you that ya'll are going to find a way to move forward.
    Michelle

Aw! Happy!

I'm glad to hear you've been having such a good experience with it, and also that she's been considering joining in! I hope that your online shopping together goes really well! I'd also suggest getting some fashion magazines to go through together, so you two can talk about what you like and don't like out of the main trends this season - and get to know each other's taste a bit. You could even try guessing which item on the page the other person would most like?

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Sweet. My SO doesn't like me CDing, but if I buy something she likes, she will borrow it. That is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Most important question...can you share sizes????:
    Ha ha ha ha ha! This made me laugh so hard! Your humor is so appreciated because my emotions have been through the wringer the past couple of weeks during my "coming out". But no, my SO is a size 4 to 6 and I'm... well, we still have to figure that out. 6 foot 3 inches tall... yuck. I hate my size. With a measuring tape and the online catalog style guides, I'm hoping we can order some things that fit. I just can't describe how excited I am about shopping online with my SO!! I told her tonight whilst washing dishes that I was soooo excited about shopping this weekend. She sweetly smiled and said "good!". I'm so lucky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    Aw! Happy!

I'm glad to hear you've been having such a good experience with it, and also that she's been considering joining in! I hope that your online shopping together goes really well! I'd also suggest getting some fashion magazines to go through together, so you two can talk about what you like and don't like out of the main trends this season - and get to know each other's taste a bit. You could even try guessing which item on the page the other person would most like?
    Babeba -- I love these ideas!! Thank you for suggesting! I'm beginning to feel that two willing partners can allow cross-dressing to add another positive dimension to a relationship. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. This sounds so corny, but finally finding self-acceptance of my CDing as a positive aspect of myself and now coming out to my SO feels for all the world like I'm beginning a new chapter in my life. A chapter that is so very wonderful.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Amanda,

I am so very happy for you! I have a wife who is very supportive and encouraging of my need to express my feminine side too, so take it from me, you are gonna think you have died and gone to heaven when she buys you girly things "just because" .... especially if she surprises you with a gift!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Amanda Nothing you have said is corny,the acceptance you have from your SO is what many of us crave,but relatively few of us receive

Sure the early days can be scary,even though she knew from the start my wife and I started out tentatively but now we share so many joys and fun times.It is so much fun sharing each and every new Girlie experience together,your in for one Amazing ride Good Luck on your journey of discovery

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Some wives seem to respond differently, some reject and some accept. And of those that seem to accept, it comes with conditions. I understand that. I can only imagine though that if a woman met a a guy in a club and he told her that he cd's, and she said hey, that's cool with me, I think that kind of beginning would stand a better chance at acceptance. But in keeping it from a wife for any length of time and then springing it on her after marriage can be a problem. I don't have all the answers though. I just wish my wife understood my feelings.

Amanda, been there, done that, and I have the T-shirt. No really, I have the tee shirt, size 2X with pretty flowers on it.
    My wife and I went shopping the first day I told her, and we had to do it in the stores, didn't have the net back then. To this day I remember the feelings of fear as I told her, and even more fear when we got home and she wanted me to model what we had bought. Oh but what a rush that was.
    There is not much in live that my wife doesn't fear, peoples opinions, getting attacked, being laughed at. So I see to it, no one gets the chance to do that to her, and for that consideration, I have had 34 years of being able to wear what I want to wear, when I want to wear it, at home. I have more clothes than a careerer girl would ever need. She brings me flowers, and jewelry as gifts from time to time just to say I love you, and the card I get for Birthdays and holidays would make a young girls swoon. And best of all, most of my clothes, she was there to help me pick them out, and it's best because she is always willing to spend a lot more than I would if I where shopping alone.
    Kiss that girl, and say thanks, to your luckly star, you could be in for a wonderful ride!
    Tina B.

All I can say is make very sure that you show her your appreciation every single day. She's a gem.

And allow yourself to relax and enjoy this wonderful experience with her. The more comfortable you are with yourself, the better she'll feel!

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    You are very lucky... my wife took the other path and throws it in my face regularly.... and I have not dressed in years. Enjoy yourselves and let her set the pace for the both of you. She will teach you a trick or two about dressing and being feminine I am sure

Can't wait to see your first pics

You are an extremely fortunate person! Be sure to proceed slowly and be sure that your wife is comfortable with what you plan to do.
    Hugs, Carole

What Happened To Me??????
    WOW! You are one fortunate gal. Take care of her!
    Danielle

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Happy, happy, joy, joy!
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter