Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masked Dressers

Quote Originally Posted by KayleeDahl View Post
    I'm fine with whatever anyone in our community wants to wear. For that matter, anyone in the world. And I have to say, there are girls like docrobbysherry that ROCK the mask!
    I have to disagree 100%. It's not possible to rock a mask.
    It makes you look like a dead person. period. But, if you're into necrophilia, go for it.

We are all "masked"...

I struggle with make-up... I sometimes take an OK photo, but in real life I feel like no matter how many layers I use I can always see my beard shadow, and all the other ageing imperfections... bags, lines, bad pores...

So should I wear the real "mask" or body suit? I know and understand why we do, but for me at this stage it is not for me. But Sherry makes it work well and she is a gem! We do what we do because we are all different! Diversity is good not bad!

What is the problem that so many people have with diversity? I think the CD "tribe" is OK. Do we really need to divide into seperate tribes? And fight, etc...

So to address the original post, I don't think the suits are about identity, they are about expression, and I think you need to rethink your "received" understanding?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

As far as the clothes,hosiery,makeup,etc.being hot or uncomfortable I wait for cool weather or else I crank that air conditioning way up and I don't worry about it!

I personally would not where a mask , But I can understand why others prefer to. Who am I to say what others where I'm a cross-dresser! people sure don't like what I prefer to where. How dare you others condom some one for what some one else find's comfortable to where. I am hear to learn.I find mask wearers sexy some times. Doc & Kathy and others show me They can be sexy they just hide there faces. I wont show my self at all Just Google your name and you can see why. To many people I don't want to know can find out to much. I love this site but there seem to be a lot of Bigotry also.Just my opinion.

Account is closed
    I thought this was like a zorro mask. I was a little confused.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl2b View Post
    I personally would not where a mask , But I can understand why others prefer to. Who am I to say what others where I'm a cross-dresser! people sure don't like what I prefer to where. How dare you others condom some one for what some one else find's comfortable to where. I am hear to learn.I find mask wearers sexy some times. Doc & Kathy and others show me They can be sexy they just hide there faces. I wont show my self at all Just Google your name and you can see why. To many people I don't want to know can find out to much. I love this site but there seem to be a lot of Bigotry also.Just my opinion.
    Hey kiddo, there is bigotry everywhere... decide which side you are on and live you life!

I am with you... Sherry and others rock! I have learned so much and they are part of my family... It is broad community... but that is its strength and purpose.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

More than my 2 cents, I guess!?

I actually PREFER to wear my suit in summer because the silicone feels FREEZING going on in winter!
    My masks r only face masks, NOT "pull on over your entire head" masks. They're probably not as warm as a layer of pancake makeup!
    Since I don't bother much with makeup, I'm really not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by katty View Post
    .. As for not having an avatar etc, not everyone wants to put on an avatar pic, it's not necessarily out of fear or anything. I think mine is pretty honest though, haha I'm a hippie cat at heart!
    I didn't mean u, Katty! Actually, my comment was intended to be a, "those who live in glass houses", parable. Because Kiera said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiera79 View Post
    ------, don't hide behind a wall or plastic just because it is convenient. Do the best you can to make a good impression while representing us TG individuals.------
    , and yet, has NO pictures posted of herself!

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    Hi.
    A mask is used to hide the real you . is it not. make up. hair, as said glass s apart from a mask for a fancy party or a marsked ball.
    Iv done all of them . the masked ball was our Edwardian group end of year do dressed in 1900 to 1910 time. tho every one knew who i was any way. 11 years i wore one of 3 wigs to hide behind, not any more , im open faced . so people see me as being open as in my pic.
    as to glass s just a nice pair not black tho just a light see through . to stop the sun glare .
    my history is all out there so no hideing,
    ...noeleena...
    This may come as a SURPRISE to u, Noeleena, but I don't wear a mask to HIDE! I wore it every time I dressed alone and in private for 10 years BEFORE I came out online here!
    And, another interesting fact for u:
    While many CDs dress to express "my real self", I dress to become SOMEONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Which explains WHY I sometimes wear my female suit! How many of u see a shapely, naked woman in your mirror when u remove your clothes? Without my suit, I see a skinny, shapeless, flat chested old man!
    Would U begrudge me my "fantasy" of becoming a woman?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-07-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

Without my suit, I see a skinny, shapeless, flat chested old man!
    Would U begrudge me my "fantasy" of becoming a woman?
    Someone needs to hit the weight room!!! Or should I say, someone else besides me does.

Once as a teenager I dressed up and then put on my Jason Voorhess hockey mask. It was definitely a surreal feeling and I liked the feeling because I finally felt like I was looking at a female in the mirror. ( at the time I wore no makeup and didn't shave my face )

I can definitely understand why a person would choose to wear any type of mask. I'm not sure if they experience the feeling I had when I put on that mask many years ago if not I imagine it may be similar

JenniferB - MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!

A quality mask is a good way to get a realistic feminine look, especially for someone who doesn't want to pluck brows, and struggle to hide male features with makeup. If you are not artistic and hate doing makeup, a good mask may be a better choice. Dressing is all about having fun. Different people have enjoy different things.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliana Hart View Post
    JenniferB - MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!
    I totally agree. Her avatar pic alone speaks volumes.
    Actually though i was surprised it took 26 posts before someone crossed the line of decency.

Cassie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I find the thought process behind wearing a mask/body suit fascinating. I don't think I'd be personally interested at the moment, but I like to think that we are all here to learn and support each other. Is it possible to maintain a positive/supportive attitude?

tina

Can't we all just get along? There are many reasons we do what we do. Regardless of personal preference, snide and snippy comments that divide a community destroy so much good that the entire community has together. We think society is intolerant because they won't accept our dressing and here we sit, intolerant of each other.

I wear my mask only to cover my goatee. I do not want to look in the mirror and see my hairy mug when I am trying to be as pretty as I can be. Every couple months, I shave my goatee and then I don't use my mask. During these times, I try to go many places where I didn't feel comfortable with the mask. When I have the mask, I am limited on where I go becasue I don't want to scare the natives and have them coming after me with pitchforks and torches.

An earlier post said something like those "masks are creepy" or something to that effect. Isn't that what most of society is saying about men in dresses? "Keep those pervs away from my kids...you never know what they'll do!"

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    A quality mask is a good way to get a realistic feminine look, especially for someone who doesn't want to pluck brows, and struggle to hide male features with makeup. If you are not artistic and hate doing makeup, a good mask may be a better choice. Dressing is all about having fun. Different people have enjoy different things.
    Anytime I have seen these people that wear these masks in pictures or in person I can say that there is not one chance in a million that they look realistic. More so they look like a maniquin and when they move one realizes there is a person wearing that stuff.

I haven't tried a mask; maybe I should. I've looked at them and wondered how one would work for me. Right now, I'll just enjoy the pics of those who do wear them and leave it at that.
    warmly, Linnea

I don't use masks but I've seen around the net this thing called "femskin". Anyone here use that?? (google it)

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Anytime I have seen these people that wear these masks in pictures or in person I can say that there is not one chance in a million that they look realistic. More so they look like a maniquin and when they move one realizes there is a person wearing that stuff.
    Right, call me mean or whatever. I just keep it real. I agree that there's not one chance in a million a mask looks lifelike. Think about it. You go to a funeral home...someone says "Oh my, doesn't she look good?" Ummm No, honestly she looks DEAD... That's what a mask looks like. If that's your deal, go for it. Just don't pretend it looks real.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferB View Post
    Right, call me mean or whatever. I just keep it real. I agree that there's not one chance in a million a mask looks lifelike. Think about it. You go to a funeral home...someone says "Oh my, doesn't she look good?" Ummm No, honestly she looks DEAD... That's what a mask looks like. If that's your deal, go for it. Just don't pretend it looks real.
    Hard to beloeve I am sitting justifying myself for what i wear on this foum where everryone wears something different. My main goal for this is education to try and get tolerance for our differences.

For me, I use the mask so noone at fifty yards can see my facial hair. Up close I am sure it is obvious. I just don't want to drawv unnecessary attention from afar...much like this thread.
    Last edited by Christy_M; 12-08-2010 at 12:44 PM.

I don't think anyone needs to "justify" wearing a mask or anything else but that doesn't mean one can't find a mask "creepy" looking. It's an opinion. That's all. We can be civil about it but I would think as CD/TS's, our skin should have grown a little thicker by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Sue View Post
    Someone needs to hit the weight room!!! Or should I say, someone else besides me does.
    Actually, Rebecca Sue, I STOPPED working out a few years ago to LOOK MORE FEM!
    (Less definition in my arms and legs now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    I don't use masks but I've seen around the net this thing called "femskin". Anyone here use that?? (google it)
    The above posts refer to my "female suit", Ashlee. It IS a Femskin! Which is the ONLY one piece, neck to ankles, silicone female simulation appliance made that I'm aware of. There r NO extra openings or zippers! U enter by stretching the neck open wide!
    Here's a pic of a 60+ y/o man wearing it with a mask. (Me). Decide for yourself whether or not it looks "realistic". Even if NO ONE ELSE DOES, it works for ME!

201-1.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    Once as a teenager I dressed up and then put on my Jason Voorhess hockey mask. It was definitely a surreal feeling and I liked the feeling because I finally felt like I was looking at a female in the mirror. ( at the time I wore no makeup and didn't shave my face )

I can definitely understand why a person would choose to wear any type of mask. I'm not sure if they experience the feeling I had when I put on that mask many years ago if not I imagine it may be similar
    That is almost exactly what it is like for ME, Jessica! I don't see myself, I prefer to see attractive women in my mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Kate, I've GOT to say this! Folks that look in their mirror and LIKE seeing a "man in a dress" there, well, God love ya! And, I think that's FANTASTIC! I'm just NOT where you're at yet! ( I've only been dressing for 13 years).

When you've been lookin' in the mirror at an unattractive man for 50+ years like I have, and suddenly u see an ATTRACTIVE woman lookin' back at u, well, God love ME, too! For now, I'm HAPPY to be a pretty manikin, rather than another homely "man in a dress"!
    Is there ANYONE that can't understand THAT?

nevermind
    Last edited by CatAttack; 12-08-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    like shooting stars in a barrel

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    That is almost exactly what it is like for ME, Jessica! I don't see myself, I prefer to see attractive women in my mirror!

Kate, I've GOT to say this! Folks that look in their mirror and LIKE seeing a "man in a dress" there, well, God love ya! And, I think that's FANTASTIC! I'm just NOT where you're at yet! ( I've only been dressing for 13 years).

When you've been lookin' in the mirror at an unattractive man for 50+ years like I have, and suddenly u see an ATTRACTIVE woman lookin' back at u, well, God love ME, too! For now, I'm HAPPY to be a pretty manikin, rather than another homely "man in a dress"!
    Is there ANYONE that can't understand THAT?
    Doc here is one problem. Since NOBODY knows what you look like it is impossible to say wether you would look like a man wearing a dress. On the other hand both you and I have been to Southern Comfort. I personally can say I have seen some very beautiful CD girls at SCC and they were not wearing a mask. Actually I saw MANY of them. Sure there is the dude in a dress as well but then it is impossible for me and/or anyone else to get an opinion of what you WOULD look like.

It is technically illegal to wear a mask in many places (except for certain events and days). Perhaps there is a reason for this. I have mixed feelings about what you are doing. Part of me supports your wish to do this but as I said before there is nothing realistic about the appearance (facially speaking).

It's hilarious that anyone on a crossdresser forum could criticise someone for looking "unrealistic" and "creepy"! I don't wear masks but I'm guilty as charged anyway. At least I'm not delusional.