Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone notice you seem to be more feminine ?

I think we all are looking for others to notice much more then others actually do, people are far to busy to take the time to look. With that said though, woman are far more observant then men and in an office setting with time on one's hands that more "detailed" observation is possible.

I also believe that in the deep recesses of our minds we want to be seen as our true identity, so enjoy the game of being caught and providing an answer that best suits your situation.

I deffinately dont think anyone I work with have noticed, however being self employed im really only around a few people in my office once or twice a week and around other contractors at job sites. However 2 weeks ago I was on a job site and was inside an apartment where about 6-8 other contractors were also and I was working on plumbing a bathroom and broke one of my nails (that ive been trying to grow) as soon as it happened I hollered "MOTHER F*&#@R I BROKE MY NAIL!!" Then I noticed it got awfully quiet in the apartment, after about 20 seconds everyone just went back to work like nothing happened. Still bothers me how my fem side shines through so easily now. Im really gonna have to start watching what I say and do.

Chastity

Quote Originally Posted by Chastitycd View Post
    I deffinately dont think anyone I work with have noticed, however being self employed im really only around a few people in my office once or twice a week and around other contractors at job sites. However 2 weeks ago I was on a job site and was inside an apartment where about 6-8 other contractors were also and I was working on plumbing a bathroom and broke one of my nails (that ive been trying to grow) as soon as it happened I hollered "MOTHER F*&#@R I BROKE MY NAIL!!" Then I noticed it got awfully quiet in the apartment, after about 20 seconds everyone just went back to work like nothing happened. Still bothers me how my fem side shines through so easily now. Im really gonna have to start watching what I say and do.

Chastity
    I just hate when that happens. Cost of job goes up automatically.
    Danielle

Chastity, sounds like you and I are in the same business or in closely related businesses. I have to watch myself all the time on job sites. My biggest problem here is that I live in a snake pit of old school rednecks and religious bigots and they quite often jump on thier soap box at the drop of a hat and Christina has to bite her toungue nearly off to keep from saying something to the selfrighteous jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by christinac View Post
    Chastity, sounds like you and I are in the same business or in closely related businesses. I have to watch myself all the time on job sites. My biggest problem here is that I live in a snake pit of old school rednecks and religious bigots and they quite often jump on thier soap box at the drop of a hat and Christina has to bite her toungue nearly off to keep from saying something to the selfrighteous jerks.
    I know your pain my friend. We live in the bible belt, I can only hope one day our corner of the world will catch up with the rest and stop living in the 1950's. Our support group cant even hold public events without meeting head on constant drama, all because one of the southeasts largest Religious Colleges is in our town. One day....

Chastity

In male mode I look manly i guess. I don't trim my eye brows or grow out my nails. I'm too nervous to let my nails get too long. I tend to bite them as soon as they're long enough to be bit. I do, however, find myself doing little thing like sitting with my ankles crossed or twirling my hair with my fingers. No one ever picks up on any of these things. I guess no one would suspect it from me. Pretty funny I think

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Although I grow my nails out on a regular basis, my wife, who knows, gets more concerned when I shape them. My eyebrows are blond and even though I pluck them, they aren't noticeable. If I let them go, they would become shaggy and then the change would cause some attention, so I guess they will stay plucked. I've been epilating my legs, arms and upper chest for a few years, so now there is a little bit of fur that grows there, but everyone who has seen it is used to this version of me. Other than that, I'm not what one would call feminine when I'm in guy mode. The biggest concerns were more with my politics and social conscious. I worked with pretty conservative folks, so being an old liberal caused as much distraction as anything I would do to my appearance. The guys couldn't see through their dogma induced haze to notice my manicure. The women were just happy to have someone around who would treat them like real people.

Since I retired I've grown my hair out and my ears are pierced. When I see any of them now they just figure I've gone back to my hippy days and ways. Maybe I have, but I'll know better when I find that perfect Tie-Dye skirt to wear on a fine summer day.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

......after I just made my post this morning about the broken nail.....what did I do... I left home, went to Lowes to pick up supplies needed for the day and went to check out. Theres a cashier that I know very well since Im in there everyday and 2 customers in line behind me. I went to pull out my bank card out of my wallet, looked and it wasnt there, I looked up with closed eyes and without thinking I say, "Dammnit I left my bank card in my purse..." The register counter was not big enough for me to crawl under but I almost tried. I laughed it off and said "oh I meant my wife must have taken it out and put it in her purse." (Complete Lie) I dont know if they bought it or not, but I paid with cash and got the heck outta there.....FML

Chastity

Well that's a good one on the finger nails. Last night I was scratching the back of one of my biological replacements and he said you need to cut your nails. My SO came over and said let me see, I did a quick flip in male fashion (yes, GG look at their nails differently, they lay their hand flat and look at the back, while GM turn palm side up and curl the fingers) and she said "Oh". That was the end of that. I think the SO is catching on...

My nails are about as long as in the pic.... no that's not a pic of my hand.... I wish it was. I use a clear gel polish and am very matickulus in my filing... So I'm thinkin' the SO is gettin' pretty suspecious and we're just staying off the subject...

Renne.....

Not really,I don't wear womens clothes to be more feminine,or emmulate women,I like certain styles of clothes and shoes,some stupids call it metro style,I was told it's the androgynous style of dressing.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Hell.... Tell em you get waxed.... and go for Mani Pedi.... I know lots of guys who do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chastitycd View Post
    ......after I just made my post this morning about the broken nail.....what did I do... I left home, went to Lowes to pick up supplies needed for the day and went to check out. Theres a cashier that I know very well since Im in there everyday and 2 customers in line behind me. I went to pull out my bank card out of my wallet, looked and it wasnt there, I looked up with closed eyes and without thinking I say, "Dammnit I left my bank card in my purse..." The register counter was not big enough for me to crawl under but I almost tried. I laughed it off and said "oh I meant my wife must have taken it out and put it in her purse." (Complete Lie) I dont know if they bought it or not, but I paid with cash and got the heck outta there.....FML

Chastity
    You remind me of that story about a guy who was interviewed by a preacher to become a deacon and when the preacher asked him why he should be appointed a deacon he told the preacher because he didn't cuss, drink, or smoke. Well after the interview he steps out the door under an open window and doesn't realize the preacher is standing there in the window when he reaches in his pocket and says " GD! I left my bleeping cigarettes at the bar!"

Renne, I too look very forward to the day where my hands can be that pretty too. Mine are in such bad shape rightnow that it would take a solid month of work just to have something to work with.
    Last edited by christinac; 04-18-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added second thought to avoid a double post

If I have long fingernails, they accumulate dirt almost instantly. Let's just say my hobbies aren't very feminine at all. Or masculine for that matter... they're just weird.

I did my eyebrows a while ago, and the funny thing is, no guys noticed, but practically every girl i ran into did. Sometimes they didn't even know what was changed; I was told twice I looked like I was wearing makeup. (I wasn't. Really!) I guess girls notice eyebrows a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vir Nova View Post
    If I have long fingernails, they accumulate dirt almost instantly. Let's just say my hobbies aren't very feminine at all.
    Back when I was racing motorcycles I had a female friend who was also a racer. She said that one of the best things about being a girl was that if she couldn't get her nails completely clean she could just throw a coat of polish on them and all was good!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I do! That might be because Im am taking my dressing a bit further though!

The only person who notices is my wife. "When are you going to cut your fingernails?, Why do you stand that way? You need a hair cut." I could go on