Thread: Scared witless

Scared witless

Got my first Pedi appointmetn this Friday night. Nail tech has been very encouraging and supportive. Bet they've never had a defensive tackle in their salon! Wish me luck!!
    Michelle

congrats to you and enjoy!! i'm getting my first make over next week and i don't think they ever did a linebacker before either! i'm nervous as heck...
    anyways, i wish you the best of luck and hope that it is the first of many more to come...
    paula

Michelle,
    Just relax and enjoy.
    What color you are going to pick, should be your only worry.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Relax and enjoy the experience. You may want to pick a color out early unless you are going with a clear coat. Whatever you do you will have a relaxing good time. If your legs are shaved it is a better experience as they many times do a calf message with lotion. The chair is a message chair usually and it feels really nice soaking your feet in the bath with the jets going with the message chair running. A lady friend of mine went with me the first time I got mine done. She asked what color I was getting and I told her I would get mine to match hers. She laughed and said she didn't know when to tell when I was kidding sometimes. With the message chair on I didn't care what color they put on them. To her surprise I had them match hers they looked so good in french tips with rhinestone studs on each toe. Truly one of my best fem experiences to date.

Come on. If this former QB can get a pedi you can. Of course the QB's were always referred to as the "Pretty Boys" LOL! Enjoy! Hopefully they will rub your feet with the hot flat stones.. Heaven!

Have a great time! Don't be too nervous. I hope you will show is pictures of your toes when they're all pretty

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Silver Member
    Good luck Michelle. Enjoy the experience.

Silver Member
    Relax and have fun. Its not as big a deal as you are afraid it is.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I was nervous my 1st time too...a wonderful experience that I've repeated many times since.....always in drab. Picking the color is always the most fun.....

Have a wonderful time, Michelle.....

Michelle,
    You are probably not the first person built like a brick football player they have seen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Once they start your pedi, you will relax and wonder why didn't I do this sooner.

good luck if you like it an end up going regularly you might make a few friends the ladies where i go always ask my wife when we end up gong alone

Michelle, I'm betting when you go and then post again about your experience it will read something like "Went for my first of many pedi's to come". The first time I went was because I had 3 torn ligaments in my left knee and it was really difficult for me to do my own. After that first time, I pinned my wife to the couch and asked her "what other secrets are women holding out on us?" LOL! Trust me, you will love it.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Charles View Post
    Got my first Pedi appointmetn this Friday night. Nail tech has been very encouraging and supportive. Bet they've never had a defensive tackle in their salon! Wish me luck!!
    Michelle
    My guess is that you are wrong on them seeing a defensive tackle for the first time. I have my manicures and pedicures done at a full service spa. The girls tell me, and I have seen, some big burly men getting pedicures. One of the guys is a coalminer. Another is a long haul trucker.

Unless these girls are 18 and right out of school, they have seen it all. Nothing will phase them.

Sit back, relax, smile, and be sociable. Ask for color to be applied and don't bat an eye. They will take great care of you.

After you are done, give the girl a generous tip, and you will have a friend for life.

I just got my monthly pedicure done last night. A very relaxing 2 hours.

Jodi

Biggest problem with Pedi's is that the chair and basin configuration is too short for someone my height. It's just uncomfortable to squeeze into the provided space.

Banned Read only
    Michelle
    I've been there. Feeling incredibly scared at just walking through the door (knowing that once you do so, there is no turning back). It's silly really. But nevertheless the feelings themselves are very real.

Fast forward a few years and here I am, in the beauty industry myself, and you'd be surprised at how many females come for beauty treatments while themselves feeling anxious/nervous.

The first time is always the worst (that is, the thought of going for the first time). The experience itself - there is no pain. There may be judgement, but because the treatments last for a specific length of time (for example, an hour or so for nail extensions), then during the course of your treatment it changes from an initial trepidation to one of enjoyment and relaxation. Trust me, I've had clients before who's hands were shaking during the first ten minutes of their procedure. After that though, they act as though they've had it done a thousand times before.

Try not to worry about it. Yes, it is a little more unusual to do a man's nails (pedi or mani), but you do not have anything to worry about. That fact that your nail tech (who you spoke to), is encouraging and supportive will just make the experience all the more enjoyable. She'll understand and appreciate your apprehension, and react accordingly. You'll be fine.

And in no way will the thought of a defensive tackle, even once, even briefly, enter your mind once you sit down and the treatments FOR YOU begin.

I will wish you luck. But you simply will not need it. Go and enjoy.

Again , the responses are a big reason I belong to this group. I am not as active as some, I work two jobs, but I really sense caring and friendship with the girls here. that support we share is needed and heart warming. I am going to pick a nice bright rose or red and I'm wearing sandals out when I am done. I am nervous, but you have all added confidence to my special treatment tomorrow.
    Thanks soooo much!!

OPI "I'm not really a waitress" is always a favorite color of red if you are looking for a specific color. I have kind of gotten to like french tips but variety is the spice of life. Gotta come back and tell us how it went. So many who are nervous the first time can't wait to go back again after completing the experience.

Nail tech has been very encouraging and supportive. Bet they've never had a defensive tackle in their salon!
    Michelle
    What makes you so sure about that. When I was in San Francisco, I saw some men well big enough to be football players wearing Tutus and platform wedge shoes.

Oh, BTY, it was Halloween.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Well I did it girls, I hope the download thing work! Had so much fun and will be back!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Good Job Michelle, I'm well pleased with you and your courage. You go Girl

I love the color, Michelle. Glad you had a good time.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue