Thread: "Thats not really you?"

"Thats not really you?"

Out at the mall shopping and purchased a bathing suit at Dillards today. I wrote a check and of course the SA asked for my drivers licensed when I handed it to her she looked at it long and without looking up at me she stated "that is not you in the picture" I smiled and told her it was and then handed her my transgender ID card that has both my male and female picture. She said"Oh! I am so sorry" I said that is fine and that I took it as a compliment since she sincerely did not know I was one and the same. What a boost to my confidence. For those who don't know me too well I have been going out in public for some time now and I am very comfortable as is but this was like icing on the cake.

Cool - couldn't see it getting much better than that!

What is this TG ID card you speak of?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Always Pretty in Pink PanteeQueen's Avatar
    Did someone say "cake"?

Laura something little like that can really make a girls day! You go girl!

Eileen

KEWL!!!! BJ

In Canada we don't have the TG cards , but it would be great to have one. I would not want to have me male pic on it but just all of my female stats. good on you .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    ah, ya, lol, what she said.........
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I Love A Starry Night!
    Simply great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    They're made up by various groups, usually at conventions. You could actually do as well yourself with a simple graphics program. They are NOT legal ID but work well sometimes to convince people that you are who you say you are. At one point I actually carried a series of pictures that showed me "transitioning" via makeup. Never used them but thought they might be handy.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Cool - couldn't see it getting much better than that!
    Last edited by Patty; 03-21-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: wrong placement

Aspiring Member
    Why, my dear, it's always been you!

After something like that happening the only question I have is have you come down from cloud 9 yet or are you still floating up there? I know I would be.

Way to go girl.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

It is an ID card with pictures of you enfemme and drab along with drivers license info. used primarily if you are pulled over by law enforcers while you are enfemme. It has transgender information on it to educate them as well. You can order these from Lambda Beta Rho, Dept. TIC, PO Box 337, Shady Spring, WV 25918-0337. For $15 US, checks made to above organization, the filled out form, a photo of head and shoulders en homme and en femme or a disc with same, a SASE with postage to return the pics or disc and ID card. For more information and to obtain the form email tasidevil@yahoo.com. PS this is a Tri-Ess chapter endeavor and the form ask for your Tri-Ess member ID. If you are not a member I am not sure they will make the ID card, ask Tasi. Hope that helps.

Sally has a point you can make your own without all the information that is on this card.

Christina, having the male photo along with your femme is to prove you are that male person on the ID. I do not present the TG ID unless I have to, as in the case of my thread. PS I could have used my credit card and avoided all this but then I would not have gotten the reaction that I got.

Eileen, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_A View Post
    After something like that happening the only question I have is have you come down from cloud 9 yet or are you still floating up there? I know I would be.

Way to go girl.

-Paula-
    Yes and no, I try not to take myself too seriously. There is more to the story that in total gave me a very good feeling. I ordered a more femme reading glasses just prior and my script has my male name on it. Without getting into the whole story she never hesitated or batted an eye in fact she and I had a lot of small girl talk while she was filling my order. Later on while window shopping in the other stores I had many "May I help you mamm?" As I said in my thread it boosted my confidence level. It felt great.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-21-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: merged

Way to go Girl ! Now lets see the bathing suit. You must be very passable

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"