Thread: help when you started dressing

help when you started dressing

curious as to how many of you had a sister, neighbor girl, mom, aunt..ect that helped you when you first started dressing up.

I have heard many stories of sisters or neighbors helping many Cd's with their dressing.

Wish I could have been one of those lucky ones.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

Neighbor play

I have posted it before, but when I was in the 5 year old range I had a Neighbor Girl that was a little older than me.
    We would go to the movies and see shows with The Andrew Sisters, Doris Day etc.
    Then we would come home and dress and play the parts.
    Maybe that's where it started, I realy enjoyed those days.
    I only wish I knew where she is today...

JoanAz

Try reading my first time out "the link is no my signature" http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=91079 or click here.
    But the first time I dress up fully was at my Uncles place It was great but not a full go out . My sis and I after the kids did my makeup we drove home and it was night so one one saw me. But my real first time out was a warp 20. Read it and you will see why.LOL. I think there were two girls or maybe just the one whom did not believe me thought I was lying LOL. If it's you first or fifty's you should get a pro makeover. It's fun and you learn alot.
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 08-06-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Banned Read only
    I have my best friend who is helping me as I begin to dress in public. She says I have a great sense of style but taught me and is teaching me many of the basics. Verging on FtM herself, so it makes it interesting.

My sister started putting makeup on me when I was about 4 or 5. A little later she bought me a pair of leotards becasue I kept bugging her about her pantyhose.

Michelle

My sister dressed me up once or twice when I was about 5 or so.
    I didnt enjoy it at the time and was pretty scared of her.

however when I was 13 my step sister did it then too, that was fun, I thought it was great, but didnt know why

now I do lol
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

My mom was my first facilitator.

She never encouraged me to dress fully, but for her own fun, from the time I was two or three, she would occasionally put lipstick or nail polish on me, and sometimes some of her clip-on earrings. We even went out to some of her friends' houses like that.

I think I always had the urge to dress anyway, and if I hadn't been so inclined, this wouldn't have been a big deal in my life and I probably wouldn't even remember it today.

- Diane

Silver Member
    My wife helped me. She encouraged me, taught me basics.

Help whenyou started dressing

Although i loved to wear mums bra while watching her do her makeup
    it was my sister and her friends who started dressing me up when i was about
    5 and i enjoyed it so much i pestered mum till she bought me my own dress
    and underwear.

Other than the support from my wife, I have done it all on my own. No other help here.

I've never had any help. I had to learn on my own, and apart from some little help now and then I got from unsuspecting SA's, it was learning by trial and error, observing and reading. I wish I had some support and assistance in the process of learning, though.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras
    curious as to how many of you had a sister, neighbor girl, mom, aunt..ect that helped you when you first started dressing up.

I have heard many stories of sisters or neighbors helping many Cd's with their dressing.

Wish I could have been one of those lucky ones.

[SIZE="2"]Hi Ras – nobody was around to help me, either. It was all trial and error. It’s a lot easier now, though, because this site exists…[/SIZE]

as a child my mother used to dress me up. but that was without me anything about it. as an adult my wife did it for fun, which she says she rgrets

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I have two female cousins (some years older than me). When I was about 6 y.o.they used to dress me as a girl and play with them girlie games (dolls, cooking and so on). I have learned from them a lot about clothing, makeup and feminine habits.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by urmilaaa2008 View Post
    as a child my mother used to dress me up. but that was without me anything about it. as an adult my wife did it for fun, which she says she rgrets
    your wife regrets dressing you up? why is that? does she feel she "ruined" you?

Silver Member
    Never had any help at all in over 40years until I found this site

You kidding? The only help I ever got was from Helene Curtis and Max Factor.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Never had or needed any help.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I had to figure it out all by myself. At first women's clothes were such a mystery to me. Of course as a preteen everything about girls was a mystery to me.
    I just knew I wanted to be one.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I had a guy friend who would sneak his sisters clothes(my size) to me when I was about 6-7 and watch me dress..he thought it was funny but told me that I looked like a cute girl..BIG rush at the time!!!
    Kris

One of the first people I told was a close and personal GG friend. I've known her since college and we've been friends for almost 20 years.
    I chose her because she's so beautiful, very sweet, open and accepting, and dresses classy and contemporary.
    She gave me lots of advice on fashion and helped me with my makeup.
    Today, whenever I show her new things, she says that I don't need her advice anymore because anything I wear looks great.
    That to me speaks volumes because it tells me that I'm doing all the right things in how I present myself.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 08-08-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ras View Post
    your wife regrets dressing you up? why is that? does she feel she "ruined" you?
    i am a hetrosexual cd who enjoys crossdressing and feels comfortable in it. Therfore she definately doesnot feel ruined, it is only that she doesnot like it, but tolerates it. Actually she buys my lingerie, perhaps to keep me from raiding her wardrobe.
    urmi

My Sister has always been a part of my CD'ing, when we were younger. A lot of you have been about 5 onwards, I think I was about that too, but it was 8 onwards that I really wanted to be a girl.

When I grew older, and started becoming closer to women, I befriended one inparticular who has been my rock, she's always helped me dress, do my makeup and hair etc when we've gone out, and its been a good time, as its done in such a way I pass for being female, which is nice.

Now, I've got my partner, and although she's never seen me dress, or anything else, I wouldn't mind doing it with her, as i'm sure she'll support me.
    Lots of Love,
    Rach
    xxxxx

I had my mother,an aunt, and some women friends of my mother push me along when I was young, which I wrote about a while ago. And when I started to do it seriously, I had the help of a few GG's. My electrologist, my hairdresser, who I've been going to since 1993. All have been absolutely great and helpful.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I'm lucky to have a GG friend who gave me my first makeover and advises me. She's also been a good counsellor...we talk daily. She was the first person I told of my cd/gender issues.

Marissa
    Just like everybody else does