Thread: Ladies 80s. (another outing!)

Ladies 80s. (another outing!)

Like I mentioned in my "Mall" piece, I've taken an assignment for a local magazine that is a participatory journalism type piece that is all about how my city treats crossdressers, and as such, how outsiders in general might feel in the city. I went to the mall last weekend in full femme, and keeping it going, I went out last night to a local rock club that hosts a weekly "Ladies 80's" night every thursday. The concept is pretty basic, women get in free and they play dance music from the 1980s. It was recommended to me by a friend as a good place to go because it's not a gay bar, but they get a pretty mixed crowd so it would likely still be safe, but it was definitely outside of my comfort zone, which is part of what I like about doing this article.

I'll try to keep this brief but wow was it a lot of fun! I went with two friends of mine, one of whom did a great job applying my makeup. They couldn't stay long so the plan was just for all of us to go, hang out for a bit and then take off. They left after we danced for a couple songs and hung out at a table. I went across the street to a bar that I'm a regular at, because I was just in the mood to go in there in full femme and give the bartenders a shock (they've seen me in skirts but never full girl mode.)

Well, as I was hanging out there having a beer, three girls came in, and *gasp* I knew two of them, casual acquaintances. At first my heart skipped a beat, oh no, these girls are going to recognize me and the world will end! But what ended up happening was, they came up to the bar and were right by me, and I just felt relaxed and comfortable, so I chatted up the girl I didn't know, because she was right by me, and the other two would occasionally toss in something but were mostly talking amongst themselves. One of them kept tossing me glances because she didn't quite recognize me with my makeup on but she knew she knew me somehow.

So finally I thought this was funny enough that I said to her "I know you, btw." and then she finally clicked "Are you Ryan!?" and I was like, "yep." and she got all excited. I have to admit, I kind of did a cop out move and told them about my article, mostly cause I was still slightly in panic mode, and also cause I know this will get back to people and I wanted to control the gossip as best as I could.

Anyway, I had been planning on finishing my beer and then hitting the road but the girls would have none of it. After they finished their drinks there, they made me go back to Ladies 80s with them and hang out and dance with them. It was really, really awesome, because the place was packed and the four of us were just rocking out on the dance floor for a long time. I've never been a big fan of dance clubs in drab, but boy was it ten times more fun being a girl at one.

A couple of awkward moments, some guys would approach our group to hit on the girls and then get a little uncomfortable when they realized I was a dude, though some other guys were totally cool about it and thought it was amazing that I was out and confidently dressed. One guy started dancing with me from behind and hadn't seen me from the front, and honestly he was getting just a little too friendly for my comfort and I felt like I had to shake him off like a dog. All the other times I've been out as Alyssa, I've gone to lesbian bars, so this was the first time I ever experienced what it's like for a girl out at a club, really different experience but pretty cool to get to go behind the curtain.

The only real bummer about the evening is that the door guys charged me a cover to get in, even though I was in full girl mode, wig, breast forms, makeup, everything. Not really a huge deal because I was kind of expecting it, and to be honest I sort of feel awkward even when fully dressed acting as if I actually am a woman, but it still left me slightly bummed for a minute or two. It actually bothered my friend Jenn more than it did me. I ended up getting enough drinks bought for me that I still came out on top.

Sounds like you had a really fun evening Alyssa, and your aquaintance not actually realising who you were until you told her, showed how differant you must look to people who know you as Ryan when you present as Alyssa,

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Sounds like you had a really fun evening Alyssa, and your aquaintance not actually realising who you were until you told her, showed how differant you must look to people who know you as Ryan when you present as Alyssa,

I don't think that's really the case, to be honest. It was more that I just haven't seen either girl in a long time, so they were just playing the "where do I know this guy" game to begin with and the makeup threw them off. The bartenders and door guy at the same bar had recognized me immediately and I'd never been in there dressed before. I had also even taken my wig off when I was sitting at the bar because it was so hot, so I wasn't even presenting that much as Alyssa, as much as I was Ryan in makeup.

What was funny was that when we went back over to Skully's, one of the girls got it into her head that she should call me Megan because she figured it was as fittingly irish a name for a girl as Ryan was. I tried to tell her "Well, sometimes people call me Alyssa" but she was a little too drunk at that point I think for it to sink in so she just kept calling me Megan all night as a game.

Wow, Alyssa, sounds like a great experience, thanks for sharing

[SIZE="3"]Alyssa, you sure are a lucky girl. Sounds like you had quite a good time.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

You had a great time I'm sure. Did the gg's ask you any questions like....will you dress again for us, will you go out with us again ?

Sounds like blast. Good follow up questions above. Oh, do tell.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    You had a great time I'm sure. Did the gg's ask you any questions like....will you dress again for us, will you go out with us again ?
    One of them mentioned she was tending bar at a place near where I do comedy so I stopped in there tonight before some comedy shows I was doing tonight. She smiled when she saw me and said she was off Ladies 80s for a while cause she was nursing a hangover from the night before. She did mention the next time I wanted to go out maybe she'd go or something, and to be honest, stupid me didn't really take the hint that maybe i should ask for her number to try to set such a thing up. I realize now that was probably exactly what she wanted me to do but I just was still so caught up by the whole thing, and focused on my upcoming shows that I didn't put the clues together.

Way to g g g g g g g go girl. Tell me do you get to Canada with your act. I do get down there but being a trucker I don't get to stop much. So if your coming to the Vancouver area pm me and I will try to get to your show. I would love to meet you there. I would be dressed of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)