Thread: "Mommy, that man is wearing high heels."

"Mommy, that man is wearing high heels."

So last Tuesday, I was driving home from a business trip. I was in male mode, except I was wearing my GAP chick jeans. In addition to my guy stuff, I also took some of my CD stuff. I’m not sure why, but that morning I also decided to throw on a pair of Delta Burke bikini panties and my favorite pair of Hanes pantyhose for the trip home. I was wearing my drab dress shoes and men’s polo. I very rarely get the courge to go out in public, but when I saw a shopping mall and thought it would be fun to take a walk. It was the middle of the afternoon, and I thought, “What the heck?” So I pulled into the parking lot and grabbed my favorite 3.5” Mary Jane’s out and slipped them on. Ahhh….. I thought, now that’s nice! I parked out in the back 40, and began my walk to the mall entrance. Then I chickened out. I started half way back then thought WTF? So I turned back and walked to the mall. My heart was pounding! But I did it! As I walked on the polished marble floor, my heels made the clicking sound which was music to my ears. As I became more comfortable I went into stores. I even went to Kohl’s and tried on a cute pair of high heeled oxfords. By this time my confidence was pretty high. But the heart was still pumping pretty good. I eventually went into more stores then made my way back to the car. As I was driving out of the parking lot, I saw another department store. So after being charged up from the first expierence, I decided to try a higher heel. This time it was a pair of double strap T-straps with a 4” stiletto heel. I walked into the store and made my way back to the shoe section. There was a little girl doing cartwheels. My shoes made the distinctive clicking sound and I think that caught her attention. She looked at me and smiled, then said to her mom, “Mommy, that man is wearing high heels.” The two of them meandered away from the shoe section. I however chuckled and browsed a little longer before I left. As I was driving away, I thought, Gee, that was fun! My mind repeated “Mommy, that man is wearing high heels.” Hah, someone noticed and I was not mortified. I survived. It was no big deal. Now I have the courage to go out in full CD. I also feel much more confident walking in heels on highly polished floors. That is a whole different animal compared to concrete, wood and carpeted floors.

I want to thank all of you for reinforcing the notion that what we do is not dangerous or wrong. It’s just plain fun!

Cheers!
    BTW, how does one add pictures to this site?

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Good for you, Victoria. It's all baby steps in heels.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Ok good for you, now down to biss. If you want to add them to a thread. ok you go to the top attachments with the paper clip when you reply or make a new thread and click.then a smaller window will come up and you go to browse, you find the file in your puter and click on it. you have up to 5 pics you can upload. then when done click upload. I will take a few secs then it will show you the names of the pics and you may check to see if there there by previewing them, and your done.

Ok for an album , go to your page and go to album and click.then add album It will give to a "title" and "Description: (BB Code is not allowed)" you make the title what ever you want IE " My first time out and wal-mart" or something. the code same thing. then you submit and it will click on "Click here to upload pictures! " then upload them and wait . After you have done this you can comment on the pics and your done.

Ok for your Avatar. go to "Customize Profile" then go to edit Avatar and then go down to the button that says " Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer " then browse the pic you want and then your done again.

I hope that helps , Now I might have missed a step or 17 but it should help. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Interesting... not only did you do something positive for yourself, but that little girl might walk away with a slightly changed perspective on things, that can help her when she gets older... it's okay to be yourself.

Maybe I shouldn't worry about this, but sometimes when I go out it concerns me what mommy might say if the child asks "Why is that man wearing a dress?"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara918 View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't worry about this, but sometimes when I go out it concerns me what mommy might say if the child asks "Why is that man wearing a dress?"
    Yes, that is a concern. I wonder if anyone has had experiences with that?

Gold Member
    Thanks for relating your experience Victoria. Yes, it's true. What we do is not perverted or deviant, it's just fun. Too bad everyone can't see that.

[quote=Ms Victoria;1858190]

I want to thank all of you for reinforcing the notion that what we do is not dangerous or wrong. It’s just plain fun!

quote]

Oh but it is dangerous, you can break your neck in high heels on mall floors if you're not careful. Great story.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

When I have gone out fully dressed, I have notice little kids giving me a strange look more than once, whereas the adults don't seem to notice.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara918 View Post
    I don't often go out wearing a dress now that my wife has passed away. She always did my makeup and fixed my wig so I could pass. However, I do now go out frequently wearing a skirt and feminine top over my panties and bra(natural 40 B's!), but looking like the man that I am. On at least two occasions, in different stores, small children have asked their mommies, "Why is that man wearing a skirt?" On both occasions, the mommy answered, "I guess because he wants to!" And one lady added that she thought I looked nice in the skirt! I wanted to hug both those ladies!! They at least had some common sense, and apparently did not think I was any threat to their children. The world is changing!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

With little kids just smile to them...or stick out your tongue. ;-) ...really the key is to be proud and show no fear so they learn you are otherwise just like everyone else they know. Parents with kids are a wild card...it puts them in a situation they may not be prepared to discuss with the kid so if you can crack a joke that makes the kid and mom laugh, all the better.

I should clarify that my concern about mommy's explanation, which I mentioned earlier, referred to the child who may ask after I'm long out of earshot. (Perhaps I should've said "Why was that man wearing a dress?")

The closest I came was 3 years ago, when I went to a favorite restaurant of mine on the way to a Halloween party. A woman came in with her daughter, who was about 8 years old, and when they heard me talking to the restaurant owner (in my normal voice), the girl's jaw dropped. I looked at the girl and said hello (I'm happy to report she was smiling), then I apologized to her mom, "I guess you'll have a few questions to answer tonight." She replied, "Don't worry about it. And by the way, you look lovely."

That's a great story! Glad it turned out well for you!!!

My friend Erika and I went to a friendly church one Sunday morning. No one even batted an eye at us. Not even the children. Then, she talked me into lunch at a nearby resturant. Everything was going well, no one really cared, the waitress was nice. She said, "what can I do for you ladies?" It felt awesome! Then, there was a little boy, maybe 9 or 10. He took notice of us, mainly me. Kept staring. His father must have been accepting because he told the kid to stop staring several time. When they got up to leave the kid blurted out "they're wearing a dress!" Father said "so?'' I was feeling so good all morning, until that kid noticed us. All morning I felt like I passed, but I realized at that moment that people were just being nice. Glad the parent was understanding, or accepting.

But, you know what? That little incident isn't going to keep me from going out. Yeah, it hurt my feelings a bit... But, hey... Gurls just wanna have fun! And what better fun to walk into a convience store or mall dressed and your heels a-clicking away?
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last year I was handing out candy for Halloween and dressed as a wench. This little girl came to the door and when she looked at me she asked if I was a girl for the night. Her mother was just off to the siade so I told her I guess I was. She just looked at me with a smile and said okay. Her mom also smiled as they left. Little children have the most innocent approach and they will say what is on their mind. Fun isn't it.

Teri

I was in a mall in Austin several years ago. Sort of dressed in stealth mode but I was wearing some chunky-heeled black girl sandals. I passed a grandmother-type with several small children. As I passed by, I heard the little girl (4 or 5) say, "look, he's wearing girl's shoes!" Grandma says, "just keep walking." lol, I was grinning from ear to ear. Kids! They say what they think.
    O

Banned Read only
    When I have gone out fully dressed, I have notice little kids giving me a strange look more than once, whereas the adults don't seem to notice.
    The adults notice. They just don't say anything.

definitely had this happen before, when i was around 18 i was in convenient store in full drag (including a bikini top + some ultra ****ty heels) when a mom walked in with her kid. the mom smiled at me very pleasantly but her little boy said "mom that guy's dressed like a girl!" it didn't bother me at all and the mom almost seemed like she was 'checking me out' so to speak. i think she even told her kid to shut up. fun times.

You could have said, "So did George Washington!" Of course, he did so because it was OK and fashionable to do so at the time.

Sandals

I wear women's shoes quite a bit in boy mode. I especially love to wear sandals & my favorites are Cobby Cudler's witha 2 " heel. I get some funny lookes from some people, but I love wearing them.

"...When they got up to leave the kid blurted out "they're wearing a dress!" Father said "so?'' I was feeling so good all morning, until that kid noticed us. All morning I felt like I passed, but I realized at that moment that people were just being nice."

JennyS, in my book, that IS passing.