Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser Versus Diaperman

Crossdresser Versus Diaperman

Another post I read today made me think about how we judge others. Several months ago(close to a year) I was hanging out in Gigis here in the Detroit area. For those who dont know Gigis is a gay/lesbian bar that a number of us CD's hang out at especially on Saturday nights. Those are definitely dress to impress nights and everyone tries to look there best( or maybe Im just shallow) I was sitting at a table with a friend trying to look sexxy in a leather minidress and high heel boots. I say trying cause not so sure that was accomplishing it. I love to people watch and glancing over by the bar I saw something that amazed me. My friend notice it and said "Yes he's wearing a diaper." Sitting on a bar on a stool was a man with longer hair wearing a shirt and large adult diaper- no pants. My friend said "He comes here a lot- he's harmless" I finally was able to look away- felt like staring at an accident. Over the past months it gave me a chance to think about it off and one and I still chuckle about it. Fo me its for a different reason. As I latter said to anothe CD friend, here I am in guy in a leather dress passing judgement on a guy who wears a diaper. To some people we are both freaks and maybe I'm the one whos actualy stranger. You know what I guess I'm growing more comfortable with that. Next time I'm at Gigis and I see him I think I will buy him a drink. The only thing I wont do is sit down on the same stool as him. Im assuming the diaper was for style reasons and not physical health ones!!!

Maybe it is so he doesn't lose his seat at the bar. LOL

I shouldn't laugh after all I am a guy i a dress What ever works !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Gina your tolerance needs to be applauded. If we all approached each other with your attitude the world would be a better place. It takes great bravery to be less than 100% passable and step out of the closet and it takes that same amount of bravey to stroll into a bar in Detroit in a Diaper. Heck, Ghandi wore a diaper? Only thing is he wouldn't let you buy him a drink.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    A number of months ago, perhaps even a year or more ago, someone did one of those "What if your wife came home one day and wanted to start wearing a packer?" type of threads, except they phrased it in such a way as to compare crossdressers to the Adult Children community. There was a fair bit of negative response, partly because the original poster in that thread phrased it in terms of cross-dressers being freaks (or at least would, to the general public, be perceived as being as much of a freak as an Adult Child would likely be perceived.)

Myself, I recognize that I am not comfortable with Adult Children, and my instinct is that there is a big gap between crossdressing and Adult Children -- but I do not have available a rationale for asserting that such a gap exists, so I do not presently claim that my instinct has objective truth. Prejudice, perhaps.

On the other hand, if someone finds the childhood sense of fun and wonder that I once had, I'd gladly pay the shipping to get them back.

I don't consider my crossdressing to be just a fetish. I consider it an internal female identity. So, I think the diaper guy is way different.

Don't buy him too big a drink... You don't know how much that diaper can hold?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Amanda, that was just what i was getting at in my post. "You" dont think that your dressing is a fetish. However others are not so quick to come to the same judgement. The man in the diapers may have seen himself in a different way than I viewed him. We all see the world through different eyes and bring our different feelings and views to the table. For me it was a lesson in my own views and prejudices. And besides that to me was an interesting story to tell and remember. Heck I may be an interseting story to someone. "Hey Ethel guess what I say at Walmart today- it was one of them trannys like on the Jerry Springer show. he was buying a copy of Wayne Newton's Greatest Hits."

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    "Hey Ethel guess what I say at Walmart today- it was one of them trannys like on the Jerry Springer show. he was buying a copy of Wayne Newton's Greatest Hits."

I guess I'm not very tolerant, anyone buying Wayne Newton's greatest hits has got to be a sicko.

But seriously you make a good point, we of all people shouldn't be so quick to judge others. Hell there was a time when piercings really bothered me, until my daughter ended up with twenty or so of them. Now I don't even notice them.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Aspiring Member
    Good post Gina. It really puts things in perspective. To qoute Ben Franklin

"I think everyone is crazy except me and thee....And I'm not too sure about thee"

I am the same way. I try not to judge people at first sight. Now I think wearing a diaper out whether you need it or not take courage , when it's under your clothes well you could guess maybe.....but to wear it and make sure the world can see you in it well IMHO that takes more balls , courage , and self worth to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Beth View Post
    But seriously you make a good point, we of all people shouldn't be so quick to judge others. Hell there was a time when piercings really bothered me, until my daughter ended up with twenty or so of them. Now I don't even notice them.
    I first got my first ear piercing when I was 19 and I could see everybody staring at it. It was just a small stud in my left ear , It was 1989 , I knew people was judging me and I could care less. I have a very thick skin and don't care what people think of me , but I know most people aren't like that. So I try to never judge people until I get to know them , I also try not to let people's opinion of others to sway my thoughts on them. If more people would do that it would be much better out there. I don't even notice people looking at my ear rings in drab anymore. I do see them see me when dressed , but that's another story lol .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    You should never forget that peoples perception is reality, it's their reality, irregardless of wether that reality matches your own perceptions.
    I love this post, because it has actually highlighted to myself how you can never really judge someone by their appearance, beliefs, life choices etc etc, but only through experience of their actions.

Depending on his intimate encounters he may have to wear a diaper.Some people will put anything in there no matter how big it is.

I think a real test of tolerance would be if we happened to see anthropomorphic animals crossdressing. It could happen in the multiverse.

Smile

Interesting subject. The Adult child to whom you refer may be an "LG" or Little Girl. That is an adult male who dresses up like a little girl of the fifties. They may wear a short very frilly dress, with full frilly petticoats. The look appeals to some fetish cds. While, I may like to give it a try, its really not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I think a real test of tolerance would be if we happened to see anthropomorphic animals crossdressing. It could happen in the multiverse.
    You mean like this???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great post Gina. I have the same view as you do. I just posted in a recent thread here about my experience of talking to an almost nude guy that walked into my favorite wine bar in San Francisco. No one talked to him. They all looked at him and then talked among themselves, probably about him after he first came in, and then basically ignored him. I eventually went up and talked to him a bit. I figured he must have a reason for doing this and so I asked him why. He said because he liked doing it. Gee, that is why I dress like a woman! Whatever floats his boat. Now, I would prefer that he was not in my specific life boat if at all possible. But if he was, what the heck. Life is too short to get too upset about anything like that.

sunny with a high of 75!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy p View Post
    You mean like this???
    Be sure to sing "It had to be You"- the song of choice used whenever Bugs appeared in drag.

Gold Member
    THOUGHTS -

Bugs bunny looks good en femme, that bitch.

CD VS diaper man -
    Well us CD's aspire to pass as women. may or may not happen but after a certain body size, the chance of passing as a baby is hopeless. We think WE have challenges. Man how would you like to have to clean up a grown up's poopy diaper? boy I don't know....

Wayne Newton -
    Yeah it would take a real sicko to buy that but here is one worse - did you know some people paid MONEY to go watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force at the theatres? WHAT is the world coming to? Folks if you don't know what it is, it is worse than French cinema.

It had to be you -
    Did you know in some southern states, well where sheep are seen as possible partners, them good ol boys (the ones who enjoy Jerry Springer) think the song is "It had to be ewe" Whatever you are thinking, you are right...

Christina said it takes more balls -
    Hey umm, alright, not to argue about this but I just got done counting mine and I have only two. How many do most guys normally have? What is "a lot"?

My opinion - Well I don't care what someone wants to wear really.
    Scientific fact - Aqua Teen Hunger Force just SUCKS
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

But isn't it a harmless reaction?

It's not like you went up and shamed the guy.

So does it really need to be examined, dissected and turned into some form of bigotry or bias that calls for a cd supported rally for the diaperguy.

Then it's more of that do onto others thing which rarely works out. And still doesn't get into the context of what or whys you were feeling about diaperguy.

Maybe it's just outside of your personal boundaries - which which if you accept that some people aren't going to accept cds then shouldn't you be accepting that you might not just like diaperguys, even if they're cool people.

That its okay not to like people too. Yeah, it's biased but you're not burning a cross on his lawn, you're not advocating against his rights to wear a diaper.. so what's the big deal?

There's a lot of intolerance in tolerance too.

I know I am weird, but I need a little evil in my life, to just be able to vent off steam and be mean with some friends occasionally. There are so many people and issues in which people are offended by... it just gets insane after a while.

Like some parents group that actually lists crossing dressing in childrens' cartoons as subject matter that should come with a mature rating - as if a duck without pants isn't?

I give the guy credit for going out in public the way he wants. I've never been a judgemental person when it comes to how somebody looks or dresses. To each there own. I guess it's all based on how society has set the benchmark for acceptance. Why is it that a female could get away with wearing male clothing in public and not get all the looks and 'hidden' comments that a male would get wearing female clothing in public? Is it really fair that we should let society dictate what we can and can't wear? I say kudos to him for being himself and being brave enough to do it!

i can enlighten on the ab/dl scene more later but i have to admit due to serious and multiple neck/spinal injuries i from time to time am involved within both the cd community and the ab/dl community... i can saw tjis that guy has gutts...the ab/dl community is shunned more than cross dressers... trust me... know first hand.. buy the guy a double 4 me would ya..

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    ...Sitting on a bar on a stool was a man with longer hair wearing a shirt and large adult diaper- no pants. My friend said "He comes here a lot- he's harmless"...
    I know it has be extremely cold in Detroit. To each his own, but what keeps him from freezing his Pamper's off?

Yikes!

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    The Adult child to whom you refer may be an "LG" or Little Girl. That is an adult male who dresses up like a little girl of the fifties.
    One of the other posters posted an abbreviation that lead me to the term I had been looking for, "Adult Baby". The subject is discussed in Paraphilic_infantilism

Sorry, just find the idea disgusting! Just Me!

Thanks for all the responses. All you fine folks had me cracking up this morning. This was not really meant to be a deep discussion of bigotry, or prejudice. I just meant a little fun at something that I thought was amusing and eye opening at the time. The world out there is an interesting place and you certainly see some things that amaze and even shock u. I would have definitely had problems not looking if it was a near naked person like Allie mentioned. My diaperman and naked man both have something in common. They definitely stand out and dont worry about "passng"! Of course that is the same with some of us CDs. Maybe the time has come to toss on my sequin ball gown put on a tiara and hit the mall. Anyone want to join me?