Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How close is too close to home - Update

Smile How close is too close to home - Update

Today I set out to visit some friends

I had good plan. A nice early start while it was dark meant I could leave the house dressed as Shelly while everyone else was sleeping.

Well you know what they say about the best laid plans

I went out to the car to put the laptop in when I noticed a police car at the entrance to my drive. As they are not showing any interest in me I am not concerened. When I return to put my suitcase in the car I find the policeman walking toward me as i step out the door. Now I am thinking Oh Sh......... so I have no choice but to wait and see what comes next.

It turns out the nice policeman is looking for directions

No comment was made on my dressing at all.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Smile message to my sister

will tell CC to count the teaspoons as you leave Shelly
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!! Something always has to go south!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Murphy's law?

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post

It turns out the nice policeman is looking for directions

No comment was made on my dressing at all.

So did you just point, or do you have the voice of Loraine Kelly?

I bet your heart was pounding hun
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar

Yikes!

[SIZE="3"]♫... "this increases my paranoia,
    like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car." ♫[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]("Almost Cut My Hair" by David Crosby)[/SIZE]

Wow Shelly! Talk about high anxiety!

That is definately an " OH SH** " moment. Glad it turned out ok.

Jasmine

Shelly - if you can handle that situation, you can handle anything that comes your way.

Wendy

Too close for comfort. Glad it worked out ok
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Platinum Member
    a little test of the nerves, but you passed - figuratively speaking at least!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    The police was looking for directions! They do not have GPS in the cruisers. Hey it worked out for you.

Oh god, that's a nerve-wracking ordeal. One of my huge fears while driving around dressed is getting into a fender bender or getting pulled over. I think I'd probably break down crying if it were me, it sounds like you handled the situation really well!

God, I was so there last weekend. Shelly I feel for you.
    This was the synopsis of my weekend las saturday night. I live in a small town about 2 dozen miles west of New York City, chronological order:

My TG support group meeeting about 90 miles south of me was cancelled because of the bizzard. So instead I ventured to new York City where there was no snow,all dressed up. I went out on foot all over SOHO (South Of Houston st. , get it?), and stopped into a bookstore and a deli all dressed up. I didn't bother stopping into any clubs or bars because I didn't feel like drinking (still recovering from a cold). There were RuPaul DragRace billboards everywhere.
    I drove back home. I have one headlight out and a cop from my town passes me, does a U-turn, and follows me to my driveway. My next door neghbor is a cop from the same town, and our driveways are next to each other, like a bowling alley. Cop dissapears as soon as I drive into my driveway. All I kep thinking was the blue lights,and waking up my neighbor cop. The car i was driving was registered in my mom's name and had out of state license plates. I had all my makeup on, a silver grey midi-skirt and knee boots. It would have been one helluva fun evening if that cop did decide to stop me!
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Just like a man, to have to ask a woman for directions!!!

Shelly, you did much better than I would have. Have you ever heard the one about the cat with a bird in it's mouth??? Nope I haven't done anything yet to be in trouble, but it's still early!!!

I would have been soo busted. Handcuffs, backseat, strip search, cell bi*ch, are just some of the things coming to mind, as he's walking up to me.

Tanya

I don't see the prob. Police are professional and will treat you with respect. So there the least of our worries when out. Ya just have to worrie about red necks.............

So how did the rest of the day go? You did not say how it went......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Pretty close for comfort. Actually I always wonder about these kind of situations that "might" happen lol

If you had the brass b*lls to ask him, should have asked if the ten inches was enough. . SNOW man SNOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

sounds more like he was fishing,
    when they want answers to one question...they ask in another way.
    something was going on in your area and he was checking you out..to make sure you were not up to no good. he had already ran your plates.

Thanks for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    So did you just point, or do you have the voice of Loraine Kelly?
    If only my voice was as good as hers it would make life even easier

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    I don't see the prob. Police are professional and will treat you with respect. So there the least of our worries when out. Ya just have to worrie about red necks.............

So how did the rest of the day go? You did not say how it went......
    The rest of the day went fine a met up with a long time member of the forum who does not post much at all. but we had some coffee and a good chat about life and its troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by JOJO44 View Post
    If you had the brass b*lls to ask him, should have asked if the ten inches was enough. . SNOW man SNOW!
    All our snow has gone, why would I ask about something we dont have

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    sounds more like he was fishing,
    when they want answers to one question...they ask in another way.
    something was going on in your area and he was checking you out..to make sure you were not up to no good. he had already ran your plates.

Had he stopped me I would agree, but it would seem strange if he had run my plates and then questioned me, as my car was outside my house.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Your experience is really the norm to be expected in dealing with law enforcement. CDing is not illegal, so unless you've been drinking or something, there's really nothing to fear. But that doesn't keep your heart from a skipping a beat anyway. I wouldn't worry about this happening in your driveway -- based on what you told us, I doubt that he even entered your "secret" into the official record, and he really didn't learn anything he wouldn't have known from checking your drivers license on a routine stop. Of course, cops gossip just like anyone else, so it could be an issue if you live in a small town.
    Last edited by sherri; 02-13-2010 at 09:51 AM.

What a wake up call Shelly, you see this is why I just don't want to go out as Gillian, I know I'm a coward but I don't care, LOL,,,,

Someday I am going to get a drive en femme and someday similar may happen, that as they say is life. I am glad you had a good day otherwise.

Best wishes from the Western side of the country
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    My close to home situations:

The first support group I went to, turned out to be 1 block from my high school. I could look almost look out the window and see the football field. I was no longer attending, but still ,living in the neighborhood.

Another time I was late for a nail appt at 5PM (still daylight). I ran out the door to my car. Next day I get an email from some random person who saw me, said I looked amazing and asked what it is like to be out. This scared me for a short while. I sort of guessed the only way to know my email (based on where I live) was through a (different) support group I still belong to. Turns out, they live up the block but are married and very closeted. We never got to build a friendship.

Gen

Quote Originally Posted by BEITRIS View Post
    will tell CC to count the teaspoons as you leave Shelly
    Now we know why CC canceled our weekend visit, she had a better offer.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine57 View Post
    That is definately an " OH SH** " moment. Glad it turned out ok.
    Just what I was thinking
    Glad it went well and you handled it well hon.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Ut oh ... I know I'd have the exact same feelings you did if a policeman was walking towards me too. Gulp ... time to fess up, and just tell yourself you're not breaking any laws (yet!)

Thanks for sharing!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!