Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hair

Kim, I think the color is OK. However, to me, the styling has too much of a 1980's look to it. You might want to go to a hair salon with it on sometime and get the opinion of a professional. A hair stylist may have some suggestions on how to improve the look.
    Phoebe

Variety is great

One of the fun things about this "hobby" is that we get to try lots of different looks. I think that the "big hair" looks great on you (although, as many of said, everything looks great on you) and is a nice change of pace from your other flippy hairstyle, which is also wonderful. So don't stress!

I think you look great as usual
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Hi Kim
    I side with the "two much hair" ladies. You always look great but perhaps you could exchange it for something a little less....
    what was the word Kathi used ? Ah! yes "poofy"

Edwina

Hey Kim. If I was not used to your other hair I would say it suits you wonderfully. Since I love you wiff off the side I would say it will take some getting used to but either way you look great. It's just what we get used to and I would say it's just as nice as your other hair.

As for the color I can't see and red , if you took a pic outside then we could see the color better. I think is great. As are you Hun. Have fun with your new look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Kim I love it it is perfect on you it matches you perfect.You did good and enjoy your new look.

Kim

I like the color but to me it looks like it shows off too much of the sides of your face, almost like it is not forward enough & I dont think you look as good as you did in your other one.

HTH

T

I kinda like the color on you, but your skin tone seems a little too dark for that wig. Besides that, I think you could compliment the wig regardless if you went with a lighter outfit. The first pic I saw of you, with the solid deep/bright colors just seemed to make the wig POP in the picture as the brightest object. If you balance it with a brighter / lighter / whiter outfit, it might come out better. Also, though perhaps not 'You', a little glitz and glam in an outfit might give the same balancing POP that the hair has on it's own.

Kim i think it looks very nice, then im not an expert on syle but really its how you feel about it.

Hi Kimberly,

I think it is " OK " but like some other girls, I think a darker color is better for you.
    How close is the wig to your natural color , ?

I think the side volume should sit higher like your other pix.

Watch for 4 PM volume flop - otherwise you should be OK LOL.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 06-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Welch View Post
    With the new color maybe you should tweak your makeup colors some to compensate the 'washed out' look.
    That thought had also occurred to me. Been a long time since I've had to "tweak" my makeup so I'm not entirely sure what to do yet. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
    . . . How close is the wig to your natural color , ? . . .
    This pic is of me before old age caught up to me and took most of my hair:

So is this one. I'm the taller geek:

So here, and with other groups I have asked I get a few different groups of responses:
    1. Looks great
    2. Makes you look younger. (I heard this a LOT)
    3. Something wrong with the color
    4. It's too "big" on the sides

Considering how many have said "It's too much hair" or "It needs to be trimmed on the sides", the funny thing is that I devoted effort to making it look that way. LOL I like the hair to flair out at the sides and really don't care a great deal that everyone else stopped doing it in the 80's. Besides, i live in Texas where your SUPPOSED to have big hair.

Ok, by now I'm probably like poster 3,245 and you've already made up your mind. I thought it looked great. But then I happen to be "in" to curls lately though and my hair usually flairs out at the wings...constantly have to nip it. And I think for the curls, the color was flattering.

I wonder if we sometimes get too critical. I mean, most people can't really change their hair as they do their shoes. Sometimes everything "works" and sometimes it doesn't. Frankly, that's one of the things I enjoy...trying different things. Hopefully I don't flop totally though that's possible too.

However, I'm not a public star like you. And I've never found a wig I totally loved.

I think, in any case, your personality will be the thing that people notice more than the hair. Or at least, that's the thing they will remember.

Good luck on your decision.

-Stephani

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I had look and come back and look a few times and I really think you look good with it.
    Drumming, My other hobby

My honest opinion is "The wig looks great! It looks like it defies gravity xD".

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    The new hair is nice but makes you look like LOTS of other girls. IMHO it is too long and full for a woman of your vintage.

Your older style gives you a unique look that many of us could spot across a busy airport concourse. Maybe it's time to try an update of your signature style.

Hey, that's why we have more than one wig. I like the new one, but like the color of the old one better. But then, I have a bias for blonde.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Well Kim, only you could get 65 responses to your thread in less than 24 hours!

As a few others have said, we're used to your old look with the whispy sides that make you look just so cute and Texas. At first look, I didn't like your new wig, but after the closeup picture and the concept of Texas big hair sank in a bit. It's growing on me. Of course so is this weird fungus!

The wig and your skin and/or makeup color seem to match pretty closely. At least in the pictures they do. I don't know if that's good or bad, just different. And the only problem with different is that it's going to take me and all your fans a time or two to get used to it. So I'll give it a hoot.
    [/SIZE]

I love your new hair. It looks great.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Looks like the hair you were born with
    Can you zip me up?

Wig

Hi, Kim. The closer picture helped a lot. I like the color and the cut. Hate to say this but it makes you look younger.

On the other hand, I am kinda used to Kim looking like Kim, and your old wig and the flippie cut is Kim, at least to me.

Robyn

You've got to give it time to allow yourself to get over the "it's different" - which is usually interpreted as not right - stage.

To me the colour's good, but too much pouf...
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Kim you look great and as usual your smile is contageous.

Teri

Lovely hair.

Looks great to me hun! x
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

new hair

Kim i'm of the opinion you could wear straw from last years oat crop and still look good. That wig is the colour and style i've been looking for, would you share it's make and model with us.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)