Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being called a Sissy

Being called a Sissy

How would you (did you) feel about called being a Sissy? I know at least some of the time this is associated with BDSM, anf I'm not trying to get into that, but if someone called you a Sissy or asked "Are you a Sissy?" How would you react? I would probably say "Yes, I am!"

Freddy

When I was younger, i fought every inch for my masculinity...i did not know i was transgendered...so the obvious over compensation. Today, if someone asked me if i was a sissy...i'd say, i guess that is one way of putting it....another would be i'm transgendered.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I would say no I'm not, but that might be more splitting hair than anything. Regardless of what label someone puts on it, I am a cd'er with a definite feminine side.
    Michelle

I will freely admit that I hate the term sissy in any way that it is used for anyone. We all tend to have different meanings or images of a name or word when we hear it.
    I think of the less then athletic boys that I went to school with and how they were teased, tormented and called a sissy. I knew it was wrong then, and even more so today. I might have even been one of the so called jocks that did the teasing even knowing it was hurtful.
    To me it's like saying to a boy that he is not masculine and he is more like a girl. so in one way to look at it, it's like saying that a girl is not as good as being a boy. Another words, a put down of all girls for being less then a boy. That is equally wrong.

The word just bothers me for it's hurtful meaning to those boys that did not have the athletic skills or desires that most of us boys did back in school days.

As much as I like being female as much as I can, and even serving as my dominant SO's maid, I do not like being called a sissy maid. I am not a sissy and would be angry if anyone called me that. So to me, it's not only a put down to little boys and to all girls, it's a put down for my being a cross dresser that happens to enjoy both my masculine side and my feminine side.
    I wish the word would just go away. I don't even relate well to any crossdresser that proudly calls him/herself a sissy or sissy maid. To me it's as bad as calling a gay person a fagot or queer.
    But my guess is to some the term is not as negative to them as it is to me. I never was a sissy and never will be. But I am a man that has a definite feminine side to my over-all personality. And I'm happy and proud to be me.

It's like being less then the average male is then being more like a female. And that said, it is a put down to all females for not being as important or as good as the average male.

I hope I said this right and you understand what I was trying to say. I do not wish to offend those that think the word is a good thing. It's your right to be called or referred to as you wish.

I personally dislike it when someone calls themselves a sissy, or when others take it upon themselves to call others sissies.

Sissy when I was growing up was a derogatory term. It was a negative term.

I cringe when I see a CD calling themselves a Sissy.

I see nothing positive about such a term.

On a similar note, why do men insult each other by calling one another the supposedly desired body part of the opposite sex? I stopped doing that long ago when I realized how stupid it was. First of all it is a way of reducing the worth of that male, at the same time reducing the worth of women.

I just don't get that kind of thinking.
    Last edited by Pythos; 07-12-2010 at 11:11 AM.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I believe I would say something along the lines of "no I am not a sissy just girly"

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Its just words. Words only hurt you if you let them.

If someone called me a sissy I would say something like " ya I am ! I'm a crossdresser so that explains alot. Call me sissy-glorore"! Or something. I don't let people hurt my feelings cuz it's not my prob , it's there's. Now if someone wants a fight I will sissy out of it if I can but if I can't I will trash them. That's just a fact. I when I'm dressed as Christina am very fem and no one has ever called me sissy. No one has ever called me sissy out side of school. My thinking on this is that if someone need to call someone names it's there prob to figger out not mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I think "Sissy" is quite derogatory; like the word "pusillanimus" which, swiping from Webster is "lacking courage and resolution : marked by contemptible timidity"

I would reply that cross dressing is just the opposite. It takes quite a bit of courage to dress this way, and some serious resolve to actually achieve it. Going out in public dressed up is not even close to timid, and as for the contemptible part, well that's up to the observer to have a good time with me, or a bad time by himself.

If I can't get my answer in before my wife does, she usually says "He's just very confident of his sexuality". A deliciously ambiguous statement.

I hate the term Sissy...I tend to associate Sissy with bedroom roleplaying things...I am a female when I dress but can still kick your butt if you call me sissy (even though when I was a kid people said I fought like a girl)

Quote Originally Posted by bianca66 View Post
    I hate the term Sissy...I tend to associate Sissy with bedroom roleplaying things...I am a female when I dress but can still kick your butt if you call me sissy (even though when I was a kid people said I fought like a girl)
    Bianca, I don't even associate it with bedroom roleplaying things. I am submissive to my SO. She is a very dominant but loving woman. She also hates the term and considers it a put down.
    And I'm with you, I can and might kick someone's butt if they called me a sissy!

My SO and I laugh at those poor souls that live in fantasy land and call themselves things like... lower then a dog sissy ****s, sissy maids, dogs not worthy etc. They say they kneel and kiss the feet of any woman that would call herself a Mistress. Further that they will do everything with no limits that said Mistress ordered without question...blah blah blah Yeah right, that is until they are told to do the windows! lol so to them, "sissy" = humiliation. And that is sexual to them. Not my bag.

Personally, I think it takes a bigger man to submit to a woman then to ever be considered a sissy. There's a bit of sucking in the machismo or image of a man ruling over a woman that way to many of us were raised to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Personally, I think it takes a bigger man to submit to a woman then to ever be considered a sissy. There's a bit of sucking in the machismo or image of a man ruling over a woman that way to many of us were raised to believe.
    Most of the Sissies that I have come across seem to be hairy men in girly panties...So Icky

Most of the Sissies that I have come across seem to be hairy men in girly panties...So Icky
    In the words of Larry the cable guy...."Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are" lol But I think you are right! icky and yuk!

Being called a sissy doesn't bother me one bit. I guess it all in the way a term is defined and the generation you grew up in. I don't think of sissy being BDSM or role playing as defined today. When I grew up if someone called you a sissy it meant you were feminine like a girl or in other words you were girly. So based on this yes I am a sissy, girly or feminine, and proud of it.

Vicki

Vicki, you are not much younger then me. So it was considered an insult to be called sissy even when you were a young boy.
    But I notice you are in Canada. Maybe a different meaning there. Even in one country, something can have a different meaning in anothyer part of the country.

Dictionary.com defines sissy as:
    1. an effeminate boy or man.
    2. a timid or cowardly person.
    3. a little girl.

For myself, I accept definition #1, but not #2. If someone asked if I was a sissy, I would not answer yes or no, but ask what they mean. I generally consider sissy to be derogatory with meaning #2, and would take offense if called a sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Trudy~ View Post
    I would reply that cross dressing is just the opposite. It takes quite a bit of courage to dress this way, and some serious resolve to actually achieve it. Going out in public dressed up is not even close to timid
    You know, it's funny, I've had GGs make this observation to me numerous times, but rarely from a guy. That says a lot about the insightfulness, or lack thereof, of the genders.

It always catches me by surprise though when someone describes what I do as courageous. I guess I have dared to be me, and defied conventions, and pushed my own envelope, but I never felt courageous doing it -- in fact, I've often been shaking in my, um, heels. I wasn't being a heroine, more like just doing what I had to do, like a moth to flame.

I know that some people are "into" being a "Sissy".

I personally do not equate being a cross dresser as also being a sissy.

From what I have read "Sissy's are pretty much a fetish thing and the people who want to live that lifestyle, well "whatever blows your dress up".

When I was younger, I remember being called a sissy and I know I did not like it only because it was done to make me feel bad on purpose and the word was used maliciously. I did know I did feel feminine but at that young age I had idea why.

Gosh, I think Cissy is a cute name for a girl. I came up with the name Windy Cissy as a play on Windy City when I was living in Chicago and it just kinda stuck...of course I guess I'd feel differently if I got called a sissy when I was a boy, but I've always been able to separate my two lives.

Gold Member
    Does anyone still even use the word "sissy" anymore?
    I have heard many words but I think sissy is really outdated.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Ok i may feel like a woman, look like a woman, act like a woman, and believe i am a woman. This does not mean that I am a sissy. Thats right in there in the derogatory column along with *******, ladyboy, tranny, fag and so on and so on. My reaction would be to walk away without comment. If it persisted I would ask they stop it and certainly need no explanation from me as to why. If it still persisted I guess I would pop them between the eyes and ask them how much of a sissy they still think i am? Trust me I know plenty of GG that would do the same thing lol.
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Even though society may view me as a "Sissy" I still think that it is a derogatory term. I don't consider my expression of my femininity to be "sissy" in nature. I'm just more female than lots of other males...end of story.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Red face

most people just assume im gay cuz of the way i dress.so yeah id say yes.i have no problem being called anything.when you are confident in who you are nothing really bothers you.besides being called things just gos with the territory when your a crossdresser.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Hey, I'm a hairy man in girly panties! It all depends on the presentation. Well, the contents, too. And the panties.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Trudy, I am not sure I would want to see that!!

I was called a "Sissy" a couple of times in elementary school. Since I was one of the bigger kids in school, it only happened a couple of times. I beat the c*** out of the boy who said it, and the problem never came up again!! Since then I have been called a Sissy when out in public, and I just respond, "Yes, I guess maybe I am!" Tht always ends the problem right there.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Secret Agent Crossdresser felesaerius's Avatar
    I fully admit to being a sissy... pink frilly dresses, panties with lace, the works for me please!