Thread: First Time Going Out

First Time Going Out

Hi girls!

I've been lurking here reading the threads for a while, but I finally decided to get an account so I could share. Tomorrow is the big day! I'm going out and about!

I'm also scared to death. Here's hoping I don't chicken out.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    You just told hundreds of people you're going out, so you can't chicken out.

Let us know how it went.

First Time Going Out

that's great, just remember the frist time is always the hardese, it gers easier each time after that,

Not only does it get Easter it gets addictive if you have a lot of fun with it. Keep a good sense of humor and smile. Be respectful to every one you'll find it goes a long way. Good luck and have fun.

You will love it and have a fun time.
    mostly harmless

OMG, I never perspire this much when I'm staying home!

Welp, here goes. Little steps first, going for a drive, stopping at the ATM, and then getting gas.

So excited! Hope I don't pee my pants!

So did you make it - or where do we send the flowers for your funeral?
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyna View Post
    Hi girls!
    Tomorrow is the big day! I'm going out and about!

I'm also scared to death. Here's hoping I don't chicken out.o
    This may sound too simple to beleive but only one word ; CONFIDENCE!!!!, do not be scared, and for God's sake don't keep looking over your shoulder like a scared rabbit do not be concerned about others if you think they are looking at you, (they're not) call it newbie first time paranoia; normal,
    Good Luck, give us a report.
    50 year veteran(ess) in public.

Megan

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yes, confidence is the key.
    Now I'm waiting for a report on your trip.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

That was AMAZING!

Went to the ATM for cash. Felt so girly fishing around in my purse for the debit card. Then to the gas station. Felt very exposed just standing there (and is a gas pump a phallic symbol? I think it is!) but no strange looks from anyone. That was all I had planned, but I was having such a good time I decided to check out some other places.

I went to the Dollar Store and bought a pair of girly sunglasses. I'm trying to act totally normal but my heart is beating out of my chest. The sales clerk was wonderful though. She even said "Did you find everything you needed, ma'am?" I am sooo going back there.

I'm ready to go home then, b/c I'm getting a little lightheaded from the excitement. But...but there's a Bell's Outlet right next door! Should I? Oh, what the hell.

I take my regular (gender neutral but still guyish) glasses off and put on my new sunglasses, so I can rest them on top of my head when I go inside like the girls do. I walk in without incident. (Another customer, a nice woman my age actually says hi to me and smiles. That never happens to me as a guy.) So I'm shopping around, wondering if I should maybe actually TRY SOMETHING ON BEFORE I BRING IT HOME. Wouldn't that be amazing. But then I hit my first bump in the road of the day. I can't see a damn thing without my real glasses.

So I browsed around, smiled at the other ladies, they smiled back. It was like I was part of their club. Definitely gotta do this again. You know, after I get a prescription pair of ladies glasses.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm so happy for you.

You have a whole new world to explore.

Enjoy the adventure.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

What an amazing first experience, Leyna. I'm so happy for you that the response from those around you was so positive. Sunglasses are such a fun fashion accessory, have you ever thought of contacts?
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendy View Post
    What an amazing first experience, Leyna. I'm so happy for you that the response from those around you was so positive. Sunglasses are such a fun fashion accessory, have you ever thought of contacts?
    Wendy
    Sadly, contact are out. I had them when I was younger and developed a corneal ulcer. If the scar tissue on my eye had been a fraction of a millimeter over, it would have badly and permanently damaged my vision in that eye. As it is, the vision is still not correctable to 20/20, but it's good enough.

I can walk around without my glasses, just can't read signs or labels. Pity, b/c with my scarf and sunglasses, I was rocking the Grace Kelly look!

Sorry to hear about your eye issues, Leyna. I can relate a bit - I have glaucoma and gave up wearing contacts because of having to remove them each time I apply drops. So new frames it is. Wishing you continued successes.
    Wendy

You wouldn't be "normal" if you weren't at least a little scared. Dress appropriately, keep your head up and act as if you belong and remember a SMILE is your best friend.
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Hugs, Carole

Lenya,

Thank you for putting a smile on my face, I remembered my first time and all those wonderful memories rushed back.

One warning, Shopping is Addicting!

Have fun, be confident and go get a pair of glasses that are a bit more like the "real" you.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Well done on your first time out sound like had a great time.
    Come join me on facebook

congratulations on going out Leyna

Great first time. Now where's the pics ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Gold Member
    Sounds like you are going to be ready to go again tomorrow. Quite the blast, isn't it?

"'Cause I'm doing it all for Leyna"

Love the song and it seems you are doing it for Leyna.

There ya go Leyna.......well done

I am assuming that there will be a second time out.....and a third

Well, you just now told hundreds of people, congratulations. Hopefully your going to get through the day femmed out and enjoy it immensely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

~Vanity is a bitch, and I'm her willing slave.~

Congrats on your first time out. See it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Like some of the other ladies said confidence.

great story and congratulations! I'm still trying to find the courage to go out myself.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leean View Post
    great story and congratulations! I'm still trying to find the courage to go out myself.

Leean, I know Leyna is planning her next trip. It's your turn. If you can, do what I did ~ I found a makeup artist on Craigslist to do my face and go shopping with me. It's easier when someone's with you, and 1000% better when it's a gg!
    Last edited by CallMeMeg; 07-21-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Misspelled Leyna! Soooo-reeee!