Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I gave in and cross-dressed yesterday

I gave in and cross-dressed yesterday

After a year and 1 month, I gave in and did it. My work is having a spirit week next week and one of the days is going to be a formal dress up day. One of my female co-workers suggested I dress up in a formal prom-looking dress and the banter went back and forth most the day.

Well at the end of the day I started to give in and suggested we head to a cheap store nearby our office (it was like a Ross or something) and she had me try on a couple outfits.

I'll admit I was pretty thrilled...but now I have that day-after feeling

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    I envy you!

Cindi Ann

You are always welcome here. Don't beat yourself up. I found it is best to just work on keeping a balance. Congratulations on allowing yourself to enjoy the femme part of your being. In the whole scheme of life, it's really just a small part. If you feel it's necessary to put it aside again, then you can do that too. Then in a year or so, you may have another opportunity you can allow yourself to be a little free again. Just work on being OK with yourself.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    Dude, are you okay with it now ?
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Quote Originally Posted by Tina P Hose View Post
    Dude, are you okay with it now ?
    I don't know I think it was a combination of hanging out with another girl for an hour (I'm married) along with cross-dressing, another act my wife disapproves of..
    Thunderstorm last night made me wonder if it was God's wrath coming after me...

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonfan5 View Post
    I don't know I think it was a combination of hanging out with another girl for an hour (I'm married) along with cross-dressing, another act my wife disapproves of..
    Look its a fun day and you have the perfect excuse to dress at work. Don't let it pass or you will feel so bad after it passes and you did not do it. Trust me on this. I passed up a chance to dress up at school 22 years ago and I still regret it even now.

DON'T THINK JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and if someone says "why are you dressed up that way" you say " That girl dared me" Or " she asked me to and well I can never say no to a pretty women".

Have fun and DO IT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonfan5 View Post
    No, the thunderstorm last night was angels crying over you shopping at Ross . Believe me, go out and shop bebe or Macys and go outside, sun will shine and you will hear rejoicing. And on the third day thou shalt dress and go out to a night club and rejoice with all the angels. And upon coming back home thou shalt be fulfilled and guilt shalt be lifted from upon thee.

showing your feminie side is an opportunity to find your elements and seek the balance. Oh and speaking of balance, teetering on 4" heels is always one way to see how connnected you are to your inner self.

Go ahead with it... you will be a better person as a result and just roll with the jokes and everyone in the office will think you are cool. If you are not out, then just pretend you are new at it (but, curious if you could look as good as some of the female impersonators) and take all the help the girls are willing to give.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    No, the thunderstorm last night was angels crying over you shopping at Ross . Believe me, go out and shop bebe or Macys and go outside, sun will shine and you will hear rejoicing. And on the third day thou shalt dress and go out to a night club and rejoice with all the angels. And upon coming back home thou shalt be fulfilled and guilt shalt be lifted from upon thee.

I am sitting here at the kitchen computer, it is night time and all I hear is a big ol' bullfrog.

Sorry, it just hit me and made be laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Just enjoy it as it is, dont feel bad about it!

Without naming your employer, what kind of work has spirit week? This seems like a fun and motivating type of place to work in. Get into the full spirit of it and have fun. I promise you will be the hit of the week with all of the ladies at work.

I work at a high school and the Principal once told us that at another school he was at, Staff held a private Prom themed party for just the staff and a guest but everyone had to come dressed in the prom fashion of the year they were in school. Those of us who heard him, asked that we do that at our school. It would sure be better then the staff christmas party. Since I didn't go to prom, I could basically wear anything.

Its just one day, and for work.
    So do it and have a lil fun.

Oh and if your not out at work might I suggest a new pair of shoes to match the dress,
    an obviously worn pair of heels would be sort of give away to those that might not know, lol.

What better reason to buy a pair of heels??

Seriously though, you have already proven you can do without doing this so don't think of it as breaking the streak but more just as a work thing.
    Its not like you thought of it, a co-worker did, so go with it, have fun and don't worry about it.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

How I wish they would suggest that to me in my office!

*gasp*
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

This only happens in my dreams so definitely enjoy.
    Michelle

If you were going to break the streak, what a way to do it. Enjoy it and then strat a new streak

So to update...I went to Kohls and bought a skirt and blouse...plan on getting some hose and panties and bra and wearing them to work on Thursday along with some heels I've had my eye on for a bit...
    This will be my first time out ever but I feel like I have a good excuse...
    The only thing I'll be missing is a wig

Keep us posted. And pics, if you have them, please.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I gave in and cross-dressed yesterday

I think that' great,I do hope you continue dressing, its so fun and exciting,

Something to think about ...

First ... since I gather you're usually in the closet, it sounds like you have a great opportunity here for some public CDing. Great ... if you can, have fun with it. If there is a GG in the office who has taken you on as a project, consider going all out. The day of, have her take you for an early morning manicure or pedicure .. get your nails and toenails painted. Wear shoes tat will show them off.

I once dressed for a 'dress-up' day at the office. Just the clothes, tho' no makeup. One of the GGs, when I showed up, got mad and said that had I told her my plans she would have helped. (She was into amateur theatre and wanted to do my make-up etc.) The irony is that I could have done that myself ... but I was trying not to go too far .. it was, after all, my workplace. Anyway, I still wonder what might have been -with her help (smile).

Anyway ... second

Be careful. I gather from your posts that your SO knows but is not supportive. Same here. And, when she found out later (mutual friends at an office party a couple of months later) ... boy was she upset. She was concerned that if my employee suspected I was a CD ... my job would be in jeopardy.

So ... questions to consider:

Will you tell your wife BEFORE you do it?
    Will you tell her AFTER?
    Will you not tell her at all?
    If you don't plan on telling her ... will she find out from others?
    In which case, maybe you should tell her first.

Whatever you do .. have fun.

Regards,
    Susan
    Get a manicure and or a pedicure

Platinum Member
    I want a job where you work!!!

I have to agree with everyone who says take this opportunity and make the best of it. You may regret not going as far as you could with this one opportunity.

As far as a year and a month, that is a long time to suppress this side of you. My shrink told me that Christy is so dominant right now becasue I suppressed it for so long. I certainly don't want to try and be clinical so don't take this as any kind of diagnosis.

She also says that most peple have multiple personalities like Carrie but are able to maintain those personalities productively in society becasue they all mesh with the norms of society. when those personalities get shoved back into a dark place, they continue to try and come out.

For me, the sense of relief I feel after a long period of suppression is so great, I am able to sleep better, my attitude is better at work, I would even bet my relationship with my wife is better.

Thanks for all the support so far...
    So yesterday was the day...I got to work and changed while there, and got some looks of every kind you could imagine...heads shaking, smirks, smiles, laughs...but overall most girls commented how cute the skirt and heels were, and most guys would just ask why and I told them it was to take up a dare to go all out for our 'spirit week'.

Anyway, the one girl at the office that knows I'm a crossdresser was fun with me about it...even tried to find me a wig, but to no avail.

After lunch the party committee who had planned the spirit week HAD to take a picture of me, but they didn't get my face in it so I feel like I'm safe there...overall it was VERY fun, and at the end of the day I didn't want to go home cause I knew I would have to change clothes.

The time did come, however, and after work I took the shoes back to Payless, the skirt and blouse back to Kohl's, and gave the thick, padded bra to my co-worker girlfriend who thought it was the cutest bra she had ever seen.

I thought about going down to the makeup department (after several people suggested it) and having my makeup done, but I figured if it didn't all come off (as has happened to me once before) my wife and family would wonder what was up.

Overall it was probably one of the funnest times I've had in a long time. The funny thing is, I don't feel a shred of remorse, except for not finding a wig in time. I also feel less stressed, more relaxed, and like I am at peace...at least for now. Maybe I'll make this a yearly thing.

Unfortunately, I won't be with my employer much longer as I'm going back to school soon...

[SIZE="4"]Where the heck do you work?![/SIZE]