Thread: Over 60 and Accepting Spouse?

NE FLA BETWEEN JACKSONVILLE & GAINESVILLE

Over 60 and Accepting Spouse?

I have been married for about 38 years and my spouse has known about my feminine dressing for over half that time. She is accepting and somewhat supportive (she will buy me clothes at the local church dollar-a-bag sale and make me earrings, etc.) but I know she does not really understand my need to dress. How may of my sisters out there are in a similar situation?

I do, Joanne. In fact yesterday we went to the movies and then out to dinner at IHOP. My wife is very accepting. Like your wife, she doesn't necessarily understand why I dress, but understanding why doesn't interfere with her love, support and compassion.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

If we don't understand it, how is our spouses supposed to understand it. I am over 60, my SO is...well let me say under 55. We have been together for almost 5 years. She accepts it, likes it, has fun with it, and does not have an issue with it at all.

My past 2 wives (widowed once) also accepted it without any issues arising.
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 08-02-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I told my late wife I was a CD before we married! She not only accepted it, but offered to help me in any way she could. We had almost 50 happy years together before cancer took her. When our children were quite young I voluntarily stopped dressing entirely, having decided it was better for the family! After 5 years, my dear wife begged me to let Stephanie dress again!! She actually missed Stephanie in our daily life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I also am over 60 and let my wife in on "Debbie" last Halloween she was supprised and a little put off but with a little time she has become more accepting and somewhat supportive and its getting better. As of yet she won't venture out with me - but I am working on it

Hi, I am 63 and my wife is 57. She has known about the dressing for about 7 of our 9 married years, and is accepting. She buys me dresses, shoes, lingerie, etc, and does not mind my dressing around the house. I don't go out dressed. My previous 2 wives did not accept, and it was a factor for divorces.
    Life is too short; wear a sexy bra every day!

I'm 68 and have been dressing for only 6-7 years. My wife has grown to accept my dressing, painted toe nails, shaved body, allows me to go out dressed to a local bar, has bought me ear rings and given me some of her clothes. But, that is as far as it goes. She does not wish to participate and generally does not want to be with me when I'm dressed, Our entire family knows and she is becoming more and more tolerant. Our marriage is strong, so I have no complaints.

Aspiring Member

41 years today

My Wife and I have been married 41 years today!! She's known about and participated in myCDing for over 30 years. We are both very happy!!!

Danielle

Over 60 and Accepting Spouse?

Joanne,
    love your story to see how good it can get look at my post scariest or happiest day

I hope and pray that all my sisters can have the good fortune and happiness that I do

love
    Danni Beard
    once cd
    but now
    loving wife
    Sept.13,2010

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Will Be married 40 years in October

She has known for 38 of them with surprising me unexpectly one sunday by coming home from church early.
    VERY BAD day. But within that same year she was buying me clothes, let me buy wigs, shoes, dresses, an we were going out mall shopping as 2 girlfriends dressed.
    Now years later with me 63 and her 62, we've done it all, together as two women,dconcerts , restaurants, movies, shopping, or she wishes me well with a kiss goodbye as I go out to join the girls at a CD bar or just want to window shop, or go to a movie myself. Its been great!

Accepting spouse ?

My wife of 33 years tolerates; doesn't really accept it. I told her before we were married and of course she thought it was a stage I wouyld grow out of. For over 20 years I did not dress at all, but then about 12 years ago I started avgain - I don't remember a specific event and then about 5 years ago I really started coming out and socializing with others which I justlove doing !!! My wife never brings it up or mentions it and has never seen me dress. I don't over do it and we have an otherwisre real good marriage.

My wife and I are both 60 and have been together nearly 42 years. She has known of my crossdressing the whole time. She has never completely understood it, but has always been very supportive. She is fine with me dressing and getting out with my CD friends or just being dressed at home. Life is good.
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    My Wife and I have been married 41 years today!! She's known about and participated in myCDing for over 30 years. We are both very happy!!!

Danielle
    Happy Birthday Danielle. I know I wished you a Happy Birthday already, but not on this the day. And your account of what your wife did for you for your birthday was really specia. Special, just like she is to you. l

Getting close to 60 (it's in sight). Married for 33 years to the same wonderful woman. She has know of my crossdressing for almost four years. She's tolerant but not really accepting. I do get to polish my toes, wear panties 24/7, wear satin pajamas to bed and I have had my ears pierced. However, she has never seen me dressed and I doubt she will ever be comfortable with my dressing in front of her. So, mostly, it's a don't ask don't tell arrangement we have. Not great, but certainly better than many others have.

At age 60 - I have been crossdressing for 34 of the 38 years of happy marriage. Again she is tolerant and some what accepting but would just as soon have it go away. I also polish my toes and wear panties 24/7. I do dress in front of her and sometimes go out shopping or dining with her, but you can see the discomfort in her eyes. I do get my one or two nites a week out shopping and have a ball! It's been a gradual evolution with me constantly reminding her that I do not wish to live this way full-time nor will I switch sexual preferences. But I am building a really nice wardrobe.............

My wife and I are both past 60 and have been married for 30 years. She was told one month after we were married and since then has been Melanie's biggest supporter. We have traveled the world together as two sisters. Her example of unconditional love was writing four books on the topic of crossdressing.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Lightbulb

I am 61 and have been married for 37 years.

I don't know what the name for me is but I don't want to be a woman. I am just a man who, for whatever reason, likes to wear woman's clothing.

My wife has known of this since before we were married and I showered at her place and didn't have any clean clothes to wear. After much hem-hawing around, she asked if I wanted to wear a pair of her panties. The dam burst.

I wear full figure clothes that I buy at thrift stores. I like beige or khaki clothes that are androgynous. Occasionally I will wear a bra, but really, only for support, much as I might wear a 'jockey strap'.

Underneath it all is Vanity Fair. I adore Vanity Fair Full Cut Briefs. I like Jockey stuff too. Oh, ok, Dillard's store brand, Cabernet, is good too.

At night, it's nylon gowns or pajamas by Vanity Fair, Vassarette or Sears. I even have some Shadowline nightgowns. I thinks that what ever company makes Vanityf Fair also makes Sears -- because they seem to be identical - when I can find them.

Jeans- I like Levis- 560, 561, 555 and Wrangler for Her shorts. Living too dang close to Branson and the outlet malls there affords ample opportunity for shopping excursions. The Vanity Fair outlet even has its own outlet! I bought a lot of lingerie from the Red Roof Shadowline Store--SAs were always friendly and helpful. It's gone now.) Due to frequent encounters with my Belgian friends--Bud and Weiser, I also find that I am searching out and purchasing elastic waist pants. Not a pretty sight, my peacock friend, I declare.

I have so much stuff my wife says what am I going to do with all this stuff when you die.

But mostly I keep to earth tones and man tailored fashions, sort of really tamed down Quentin Crisp. I mean, really toned down, no make-up, no nail polish, speaking in my natural voice...dang I know what it is...it's like that website- men who look like old lesbians.

That's me!

My wife, who tolerates me (grateful- as I am), recently posted this on her facebook page:

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird,
    and when we find someone whose weirdness is
    compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall
    in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Sounds ok by me!
    And, uh, I do love her!

Aspiring Member
    In a few short days my wife and I will be celebrating our 40th year together.

I've been dressing since being a pre teen, but only out to my wife for the last 2-1/2 years.

The pendulum seems to swing from one side to the other with her, I suppose depending on her mood on a given day.

We've done a lot of things together while I'm dressed and I'm thankful that it finally surfaced and she is pretty much alright with it.

We've shopped, we've loved and we've laughed.

Hello
    I am in the same space. We have logged 40 years together and she is aware that I am two people but she won't let my feminine side out.
    JuAnn