Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you Right or Left handed???

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    right handed dominant but I try to be ambidextrous. Never hurts to exercise both hands

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

why

This may be the one question that I can answer easily when it comes to my crossing over to the feminine side:

The morning that we discovered Tina and the 48 hours afterwards were pretty amazing. Without discussing it there was a clarity that Tina had been a part of me for 55 years but had not been identified. Once we identified her and started to let her test the waters of being her own person we were completely amazed at who she is. Yet, she has been there all along.

So, Tina exists because she is a part of me, and that part of me has gone misunderstood for almost 6 decades. How can I not want to know who she is, and the best way to do that, by far, is to let her be free to find herself. It's working and we love it!

Oh, btw, I'm right handed as a male, and Tina is mostly left handed.

Neat, huh!

tina

I don't think some of you understand what I'm asking. I am not asking if YOUR right or left handed. That's just the way I explain to non-TGs.

No what I want to know is "how YOU explain to non-TGs why YOU CD.".

Some are just fixated on the title and not on the topic. Lol I was wondering if it was a good or bad title.

So girls let's try this again. "How do you explain to non-TGs why YOU CD?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I explain to non-TG's that I CD because I'm right-handed.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    I don't think some of you understand what I'm asking. I am not asking if YOUR right or left handed. That's just the way I explain to non-TGs.
    No what I want to know is "how YOU explain to non-TGs why YOU CD.".
    Some are just fixated on the title and not on the topic. Lol I was wondering if it was a good or bad title.
    So girls let's try this again. "How do you explain to non-TGs why YOU CD?"
    As I said in my earlier posts, I CD because I choose to do so. And so does every other CD on this Forum!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

satincandy

Left/Right!!!!!

Write left handed, bat right handed left or right with tools, ambidextris in the kitchen, seem to have more control with lipstick left handed.Youngest child, and introduced to satin lingerie by my mother. I remember as a very young child still sleeping in a crib, being given a blue satin slip to sleep with. I slep with this slip until I was nearly 10 years old, just like a security blanket.

Satincandies

We all have tryed to explain to non-TGs why we CD. The only way to compair our CDing is to ask them " ok are you right or left handed?" when they say "right" or " left" , I say " ok why"? When they stamer and then say " well I guess I was born that way , but I can't explain why I am". Then I tell them "that's the same with me. I am a CD and can't really say why".
    Very perspicacious of you! Bravo...
    Now if you all have a good way to explain why we are the way we are I would love to hear it.

I would also like to hear how you have explained why you are TG !
    I think yours is the bestest I've heard. I made a mental note in case I'm ever confronted by some goody 2 shoes - IF I'd even care to respond to such a one that is, as I generally avoid or simply refuse to acknowlege the presence of ppl who annoy me, LOL. Sorry, I know that's mean but...I don't like unnecessary conflict. Too many things to enjoy n do in life!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I based my thoughts in my earlier post on many hours spent talking to Therapists and other people who worked on Gender disorders. Some of that talk was treatment for me, but most of it was because I wanted to know more about what CD'ing was and how things were treated.

Hope this makes things a little clearer! BTW, I have 15 years on you in age and started as a CD at age 6!
    Also, Sissy, you know the final word about it !
    Or at least you claimed you know it.

Anyway the reasons you gave for being right about the matter appear as rather funny :
    1. you made complete trust to your psychiatrists
    2. you started crossdressing at an early age (while not so early than you may believe)
    3. you are older than many people here

These are so funny and irrelevant that you made my day !
    Many thanks for entertaining us.

I'm left handed and i do like your anallogy

Ambidextrous.

There are things that one hand can do better than the other. I've taught myself how to write a few words with my left hand while writing with the right hand it's easier said then done.

As I said in my earlier posts, I CD because I choose to do so. And so does every other CD on this Forum!
    I may choose to CD but the only reason I choose to is the fact that I need to. I want to be treated like a women but not have SRS. So when you say " And so does every other CD on this Forum" that is not fair to the others for you or anyone to speak for them . We all have our own reasons for going out or staying in dressed , but is it really our choose? I'm not so sure about that. I think we are born like this and if we did not express ourselves we might not be long in this world. So would you then make a statement like " a gay person chooses to sleep with a person of there same sex". I know you would not do or think that but when you say that we choose to dress is the same as that.

We may choose to wear women clothes but being a CD can in some cases be JUST a choose but for most I think we were born like and need to be who we are. CDing is fun but if we did not some might not be happy for the rest of there lives. But that just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    Very perspicacious of you! Bravo...
    Thanks I ahhhh what? I'm having a blonde mo and can't read that word right. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    I think yours is the bestest I've heard. I made a mental note in case I'm ever confronted by some goody 2 shoes - IF I'd even care to respond to such a one that is, as I generally avoid or simply refuse to acknowlege the presence of ppl who annoy me, LOL. Sorry, I know that's mean but...I don't like unnecessary conflict. Too many things to enjoy n do in life!

Thanks . Its not the jerks that I tell that to but the people who really want to understand why we do CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Ambidextrous.

There are things that one hand can do better than the other. I've taught myself how to write a few words with my left hand while writing with the right hand it's easier said then done.
    I have been trying to do my left eye with my left hand and am getting better so maybe one day I will be just as good with my left but I doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I believe that there is a genetic link to the reason why I am TS.
    There have been 3 people on my father's side of the family who were born intersexed. There are also some family members who I have never met, they were deemed to 'weird' to be introdused to. It is possible that some of them are crossdressers or TS, 40 years ago that would have been considered weird behaviour.

I have told some of my work collegues about the interesexed people in my family as a means to explain why I an TS.
    living the dream

Choice. Dressing is an easy choice and NOT dressing is a really hard choice. I think the question about why we dress isn't about choice or not, but why that choice is so easy or hard.

Only saying that crossdressing is a choice is a rather superficial statement leading about nowhere.

Almost everything we do is a choice. For instance, to eat is a choice because you may do the opposite choice. You can stop eating till your death a few weeks later. Hence, if you eat, this would be because you choose to !

What's funny with the statement quoted above is their author believed to discover something very enlightening. However she goes on ignoring why Dressing is for us an easy choice, while it would be the hard choice for other people.

Right-handed!

But that's not really what the thread is all about

The way I explained my CDing to people is that it's like playing a role. I'm essentially me, but my outer facade is different. My mannerisms and voice change, but I'm definitely the same person with simliar interests, sexual orientation, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and ambitions.

When people still don't understand it, I tell them that we play a role everyday. We are workers, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, students, and friends. This role is just in addition to the many roles I play, and is in fact a "modifier role" which then changes other people's responses to me. In a way, it's a way of control that only a few people are gifted to have, but it's also something that a huge number people are wrestling with.

If they STILL don't get it, I surprise them by hanging out with them as Lexi. My success rate with this tactic has been about 200% so far and people start "getting it" as soon as I interact with anyone outside my immediate social circle.

Free Expression

I'm not especially concerned about how this state of affairs came about...ie my being a bisexual cross-dresser.

Fact is I feel I ought to be free to express this aspect of my persona without fear of bigotry.

Unfortunately, most people have a pretty narrow view of what consitutes male/female traits, aspects of self and so called 'normal behaviour' (whatever the hell that is). Most people, regrettably, are sheep. They just want to be like everyone else, and anyone who doesn't fit into their little box for assignation is automatically suspect. This kind of thinking is classically indicative of a limited imagination.

Cross-dressers are naturally on the edge of society...something misunderstood, oft-derided and ridiculed or worse offered up as a pathetic parody (of the femme aspect) for idiot male stag weekends etc.

For myself...I'm glad to be on the edge. In the immortal words of Reverend and the Makers...'If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room'.

True freedom and self-expression is almost impossible in, as we are, the dark ages of human culture. Perhaps in a hundred years we will have progressed such that what matters is what kind of person you are...not as a candidate for judgement by virtue of your proclivities.

To end, a quote.

"This world will never be free until the last politician has been strangled with the guts of the last priest." Voltaire

Yeah, I'm a radical and a free-thinker.
    [SIZE=3]She Came From Plant Claire...

Dee
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]xxx[/SIZE]

are you right or left handed

I am left handed
    I love being a girl

Hmmm; I'm clumbsy with both hands. What does that make me? But I write (alright, scribble) with my right hand, kick with my left foot, left eye dominant, and catch with whatever glove is available. Learned to use my left hand to dribble so I could drive left under the basket.
    Other stuff:
    Sissystephanie wrote:
    The one thing I haven't seen in any answers here is the real answer. You are a CD because you chose to be!
    I disagree. I don't think many people choose to want to do this. Besides, we are crossdressers whether we actually do it or not. Much the same as alcoholics are alcoholics whether they drink or not. I don't think the majority of the population goes through all day feeling like they're in the wrong clothes, and suppressing the desire to wear outfits of the opposite sex.

There is no life or death situation in whether or not to become a CD
    Maybe not for some, but there is for some of us a tremendous amount of stress involved in holding off the desire to crossdress; I become grumpy, short tempered, more forgetful, can't sleep, the list goes on and on. I would imagine for some it would come to suicidal ideation. So, yes, for some, it's a life or death situation.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Hmmm; I'm clumbsy with both hands. What does that make me? But I write (alright, scribble) with my right hand, kick with my left foot, left eye dominant, and catch with whatever glove is available. Learned to use my left hand to dribble so I could drive left under the basket.
    Other stuff:
    Sissystephanie wrote:

I disagree. I don't think many people choose to want to do this. Besides, we are crossdressers whether we actually do it or not. Much the same as alcoholics are alcoholics whether they drink or not. I don't think the majority of the population goes through all day feeling like they're in the wrong clothes, and suppressing the desire to wear outfits of the opposite sex.

Maybe not for some, but there is for some of us a tremendous amount of stress involved in holding off the desire to crossdress; I become grumpy, short tempered, more forgetful, can't sleep, the list goes on and on. I would imagine for some it would come to suicidal ideation. So, yes, for some, it's a life or death situation.
    Well I think that says it all. You hit the nail on the head. But it's neat to see all the reasons people tell themselves why they do CD.

As we get older and more or less int CDing our outlook into ourselves change and in ten years will yours be the same as it is now?

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar
    Wait what day is it? I think I'm right handed today .. .

Very creative! I'm going to have to remember that one!

I'm left-handed and the younger of two boys. (I should also add that I have few female cousins.) I write better on a chalkboard with my right hand, and nobody knows why that is -- especially when they see me write right-handed on paper.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Not a bad way of explaining it.
    Michelle

Still people are stuck on the right hand left hand thing. As I said I'm not looking to see if your right or left handed just want to know how you explain to others WHY....

I think I made a mistake on the title. Next time I will think better on that.

I don't explain why I am a cross-dresser, and I don't expect people to ask me. Maybe I'm lucky to move in circles where it would be unthinkable to pose the question.

The only person who asks me why I cross-dress already knows but can't for the life of her articulate the feelings and reasons behind it. And she... is me.

I like your way of explaining cd, makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty B. View Post
    I like your way of explaining cd, makes perfect sense to me.
    I'm glad you like it and your welcome to use it when ever you want to. I won't even charge ya Ha Ha Ha.