Thread: Father inlaws panty hose comment.

Father inlaws panty hose comment.

My inlaws have been staying with us for the holidays. We have had some really cold weather. I made a comment about having to wash some thermals, as I was running out. My father inlaws comment was "What, you don't have any panty hose?" "They really help keep you warm in the winter."

Does this mean he might be alright with my crossdressing?
    When it comes to the crossdressing my wife thinks mom could be alright with it, but not dad. His comment surprised me. How should I interpret this?

I would say NO it does not mean that

A lot of people in the building trade reccomend pantyhose for keeping warm in winter
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I agree do not read to much into this. Men have worn hose or tights to keep warm for years, they just don't say much about it. It isn't a manly thing to do, but it is warm.

Gold Member
    ehh, if he thought you wore pantyhose I doubt he would really care but the CD thing who knows?
    Now if he had hiked up his pant leg and been wearing pantyhose and said -
    "And I just LOVE the soft silky feel on my smooth shaven legs" then it would probably be safe.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You could ask him if he ever wore them . If he says yes ask why he first tried them. If you want to tell them do it with your wife and mother in law and that should help. Cuz YNK!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I would say a no based solely on that comment, it's common in cold climate's. It's even more common in other countries, where "thermal" tights are sold as unisex.

Aspiring Member
    I had a biker recommend pantyhose to me one time. I was soaked by rain driving my rice burner through the mountains. I was shivering so hard by the time I reached the roadhouse that it was obvious I was hypothermic. I haddn't allowed my Kelly side out then, so I doubt he thought I was a crossdresser. I try to imagine a biker gang pulling up to a Walmart asking "Hey, where's the sale on L'eggs?"
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

hello maxi i would ask him what size he wears ,a lot of us wear pantyhose in winter i have for years working outside,hunting ,all kind of things see if he will show you his selection and then carefully show him yours but dont push it i might hint they feel better with shaved legs and watch his response.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by shyselina View Post
    I wouldnt read to much into it. I have worked what be called manly jobs with alot of guys who were gay bashers. And alot of them wore pantyhose or tights when it got cold. I have had many tell me they are much warmer than thermals. How they got started with this I have no idea. And alot wear them when they go hunting. Go figure.
    There are some high end manufacturers of outdoor thermal wear that are much much warmer than tights/hose. Under Armor being one, but even then on the really brutal days out hunting (and yes it does figure, thanx) i'll often back it up with a nice pair of tights.
    As to the OP, sure looks as though it was not a CD related comment as others have said.

Cassie

IMO, it is either:
    A. An off handed comment about your masculinity
    B. A reaction to his knowledge of your dressing preferences
    C. An experienced wearer of pantyhose offering advice to stay warm
    There may be others I haven't thought of.

Only you know the relationship dynamics there so you should be able to come to some conclusion based on that.

My wife's ex-husband used to wear pantyhose when he went skiing in order to stay warmer. I don't think he was a crossdresser, only being practical. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I wouldn't read too much into it either.

Pantyhose are also used by military guys for a few different reasons. Doesn't make them crossdressers. Support tights/pantyhose are also used by lots of men who are on their feet all day. You can't find such tights/pantyhose marketed to men (it's <cough> unmanly afterall). But, the need exists, so men who have that need buy tights/pantyhose marketed to women for this purpose. Doesn't make them crossdressers either. A number of men wear pantyhose under wetsuits, to make it easier to remove the wetsuits. This was recommended to me, and I've tested this myself and it works well. There are "skins" you can buy that serve the same purpose, but they're a lot more expensive than pantyhose. Wearing pantyhose as a wetsuit skin doesn't make you a crossdresser.

There's a ton of reasons why a guy would wear pantyhose, yet never be considered or consider himself to be a crossdresser.

Join Date Nov 2010 Southern Michele's Avatar
    I agree with everyone. He is just sharing practical advice but nothing to do with CD. Now, if he tells you how once his breast forms warm up next to his body how they are also great in cold weather you can explore other discussions. If all the hunters are wearing pantyhose, is anyone checking to see if they might also be wearing pantys? Wouldn't briefs be warmer than bikinis? They are after all out in the woods by themselves at all hours wearing women's clothes... Just kidding for all you hunters. If North Face was declared as out of the main stream I would be there. That may mean that REI was a non-mainstream store. OMG. If it works, go with it. Leggings are warmer than pantyhose IMHO.

I wear a waist cincher (while in male mode) because it helps make my back feel good. I don't consider that crossdressing. I also wear a waist cincher when I'm en femme, and I do consider it as a crossdressing item. Perspective. I wouldn't think wearing pantyhose for warmth under pants as crossdressing. But, wearing pantyhose with a miniskirt and high heels.........yes. It's just not the same.

I really doubt he would question my masculinity, unless he comes in the house at night. That would be quite the surprise. They stay in the guest house out back, but have the keys to the house, in case they need anything. There has been some close calls over the years.
    I think many of you could be right, as they are from the Pacific Northwest, and dad owns a construction company.

Pantyhose are indeed as warm as thermals, and support hose do work.

[SIZE="1"](I also like how they feel...) [/SIZE]

another good use for panty hose is when you happen to be swimming around in leech infested water in south east asia. you can strip them off rather easy and all the leechs come off also. vivianfair

Unless he went on about colours and denier, suggested you might like to try fishnets, or suggested using control-tops to aid tucking as well, it's safe to say it's not related to CDing per se

FWIW: Joe Nammoth, when he was QB for the NY Jets wore pantyhose under his uniform to stay warm. Not sure they were support hose, as he had bad knees in the later years. I think the in-law just wants to stay warm.

Like many people have said, you would be surprised with how many regular men wear pantyhose/tights to keep warm during winter months. I have heard also that many football players especially highschoolers wore them during games.
    But you know what is funny, them doing so essentially is another form of crossdressing even if they are not wearing a wig, heels, dress, etc, etc.

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    Aside from the use of pantyhose keeping the legs warm, a lot of infantry soldiers wear panty hose under their uniform during 12 mile roadmarches to help prevent blisters on their feet. Somehow the hose material helps with this.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Gold Member
    One of the football teams once had their players wear pantie-hose to keep warm.
    When I was younger, and worked construction outside in cold weather, I would
    put on a pair of Dans-kins, the shinny type, as your pants did not stick to them
    when kneeling or bending. Stayed warm in the coldest days. Rader

I agree with all the others, I would not read too much into it. I think Jim McMahon, the Chicago Bears quarterback used to wear panty hose to keep warm.. I know he bragged about wearing a thong, but he was not a cross dresser, just one of a kind (gotta love him though).

Quote Originally Posted by vivian fair View Post
    another good use for panty hose is when you happen to be swimming around in leech infested water in south east asia. you can strip them off rather easy and all the leechs come off also. vivianfair
    Similar to this, I've read that pantyhose defeat jellyfish stingers. True? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisGTS View Post
    Aside from the use of pantyhose keeping the legs warm, a lot of infantry soldiers wear panty hose under their uniform during 12 mile roadmarches to help prevent blisters on their feet. Somehow the hose material helps with this.
    Yep. Sock liners serve the same purpose, but are generally more expensive. Somebody I know routinely wore pantyhose for long marches. A long time ago, I used to buy sock liners for my own hiking needs. Not anymore. I just put pantyhose on. Works like charm.

Also, I've heard that swimmers wear pantyhose in practice; provides more resistance in the pool. True? I don't know. Swimming as a sport is nothing I ever engaged in, though I have gone swimming in pantyhose (for recreational purposes).
    Last edited by JulieC; 01-04-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Platinum Member
    don't interpret it - he is right, pantyhose are really warm.